FNG here in Eugene

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

FNG here in Eugene

Postby VikingR » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Greetings. New forum member in Eugene. 28 year old male, Marine Corps and Law Enforcement Veteran. Looking at getting a new air soft rifle and putting it to work. Hope to see you guys out there soon.
"Never cease to be true and brave; never turn your arms against one another; and never turn them away from the giant and the oppressor." - Odin
VikingR
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: FNG here in Eugene

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:28 am

Welcome to AP!
Matt

Team: APST

Postby VikingR » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks man! You have a real nice site here. Very impressive! Nice community here. I am one of those lurkers who reads a lot of posts and rarely posts. I'll try not to be a pian in the a$$ haha j/k
"Never cease to be true and brave; never turn your arms against one another; and never turn them away from the giant and the oppressor." - Odin
VikingR
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tankwitch » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Welcome to Airsofting. It's always good to see new players in the Eugene area. Local players mostly organize over Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/214851361992931/

It's not very active, but we do have games, during the summer quite regularly. At the current time not as much. I'll send you info over AP if any games come up soon.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VikingR » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Awsome thanks! I just applied to join the group. I am in the process of selling my AEG and GBB pistol to buy a new rifle. I may post them here.
VikingR
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Shortbu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:14 am

Welcome, it's always good to have new members. You ought to come up to Lords of War. Fun event, with many good people. Everywhere from first timers, to very experienced. It's a great place to get your feet wet in the community, and get great info on gear from actual players, not just salesmen.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby VikingR » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:55 pm

thanks for the invite! i dont know how long it is gunna take for me to get my act together. maybe a month. i have everything i need as far as uniforms and equipment right down to the level 3 rifle plates, i just need to sell my AEG to help fund my next acquisition. im looking at a GBB rifle with lo cap mags to be a replica of my real steel rifles. while this is a lot of fun to skirmish with guy and play games i want to be as legit as possible.
VikingR
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tankwitch » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:34 pm

We aren't a bunch of hyper 1337 mil-sim players with perfect kit. So use what you've got, and get what you want when you can. Just come out and ave some fun.

Side note:
Please make sure you have eye protection, death rag, and a good attitude. Oh, also know AP standard rules and bring some water.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VikingR » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Yea for sure, I think everyone should run whatever the hell they want, no leet bull especially leet attitude. For me though its important to have a gun that loads mags, runs charging handle and all manual of arms is identical to my real steel kit. Especially mags fitting in same pouches. I'll be sure to familiarize myself with the rules before coming out. Dead rag yea for sure I'll get one. Thanks!
VikingR
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Aforbit » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:52 am

Welcome to AP Viking :),

I hope you enjoy your time here at AP. I can see your already making friends and your very enthusiastic about playing Airsoft, good on you for that I look forward to reading your posts and seeing you on the field (if they ever put an Active duty Airbase in Oregon that is :P)
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Introductions and Orientation