Greetings for Japan

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Greetings for Japan

Postby dalshakkamel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 am

How is everyone doing? The name is Tyler I've played airsoft for about 1 year before I joined the Marines mostly I would just get together with friends and play out in the woods on the weekends but needless to say I've been out of the game for a while. I've been stained in Okinawa since early 2011 went to afghan been to Thailand & have had the opportunity to play a few games over here but now my contact is gone & it's just too much of a pain to try to keep the guns on base & not speaking Japanese doesn't help. Hopefully soon I'll be back home in Gresham ready to play with the big boys.
dalshakkamel
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Greetings for Japan

Postby Aforbit » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 am

Hello Dalsha and Welcome to AP,

I will be PCS'ing to Misawa in the next few weeks. I do not know if you get up north to play any but if you could let me know how you came across your contacts for Airsoft in japan please let me know. Also you made a remark about having to keep your airsoft stuff off base ? Are they not allowed on bases in the AOR? if they are not allowed all my Airsoft stuff went with My HHG shipment... well I guess I will just have to cross that bridge when I get to it.
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby dalshakkamel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 am

For myself there was a airsoft shop right outside base & one of the workers there spoke English he would give me rides to the events & let me use his guns mainly because we can't keep any kind of guns in our rooms except our nerf but then after I came back from afghan & the shop was gone & he had moved back to Osaka. For anything airsoft we have to check it in the armory witch for me is on another base & an hour ride plus I'm not going to leave it there for people to mess with.
dalshakkamel
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Aforbit » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 am

An hour ride? ughh what a pain in the a$$. I can't blame you for not wanting to keep your stuff in the armory I don't trust those the jokers any more then I would a camel spider. On the bright side I will be living in base housing so I don't think I'll have any one doing inspections. When I get on base I will ask around if any one plays Survival game (aka airsoft). I do speak a little Japanese like on a first grade level but Because you got so much flack i will keep a low profile until i can find some folks who play.

Thanks for the info, what's your job in the Marines?
You a ground pounder, fleet or swinging with the wing?

The Marine equivalent to my job in the AF is Motorized transport or motor t for short.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby dalshakkamel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:54 am

I'm a welder i have one of the more under appreciated jobs until I'm needed. & please don't remind me of those hellish creatures there almost as bad as the giant bees. Hmm base housing must be nice I'm just thankful i have a room to myself. most Japanese know English but they play it off like they don't at least here in oki but mainland my be different. As for finding people to play with that'll be a tab bit hard in my shop there's only one other person who I can hold a real conversation about airsoft with. Oh and I wish I was with the wing skatest place to be besides being a welder.
dalshakkamel
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Aforbit » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:19 am

I understand about having an underappreciated job. In the AF if you're not air crew they don't care. Hey look on the bright side as a welder your already set up for a job on the outside world. logistics is the same way no one cares until they don't get there parts, fuel or equipment. It's sad how quickly people forget without logistics or maintainers like yourself they walk. Hey if your willing to come to the dark side the AF always needs welders and they will treat you a slight better then the core. :p

:badgrin: Hah sorry I will not bring up the spiders any more after this but we did have gladiator matches vs other squadrons and units. I had two champs Spiderclese and Scorpamus they won me quite a few AFFIES pogs. Ahh deployment the best and worst times of your life. ;)

I am told the JNs on Oki are a breed all their own and like 80% of them don't really think of them self's as Japanese but more okiwanen. I have talked to a few of the guys over in my new shop they say the JN's there are a little closed off at first but as they warm up to you they become a lot more friendly. :doubt:

Yeah I am told the wing is not a half bad place to be. My dad was a Marine Aviator back in nam (68-69). He few F-4's up until 1982 when they offered him an early retirement. He took the offer because the core kept him away from his family to much. When I told him I wanted to be like him and join the marines he told me this "Son I will never tell you not to join my beloved core but I want you to look at all your options before you join". low and behold i joined the AF.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby wolverineknight » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:56 am

welcome to ap and ty both for your service hope to see you both back here safe soon.
wolverineknight
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm

How is Japan? I'm expecting to be stationed there some point (Navy).
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dalshakkamel » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 am

Alien_Hunter wrote:How is Japan? I'm expecting to be stationed there some point (Navy).

It has its ups & downs it's really not that cold here at least in oki but in summer mother nature is not to good with cool weather we sweet just walking around. Good food most of the people are nice or they just ignore us & theres always plenty of stuff to do.
dalshakkamel
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Aforbit » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:30 am

dalshakkamel wrote:
Alien_Hunter wrote:How is Japan? I'm expecting to be stationed there some point (Navy).

It has its ups & downs it's really not that cold here at least in oki but in summer mother nature is not too good with cool weather we sweat just walking around. Good food most of the people are nice or they just ignore us & there's always plenty of stuff to do.

Speaking of food I hear co co's curry house is awesome if it's still open in oki.

As Navy you might get a few places in japan they have a base up north they share with the AF and JDF, That's the one I am going to its cold up there more like the PAC NW in its weather patterns. Keep in touch while you're in the navy man It's a small world you might end up some were close to one of us.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switch » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:02 am

Well, welcome then. You should snoop around. :D
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nodachi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Ugh, Coco Ichiban Curry is a chain curry place, it's like McDonalds...There are far better places to go, I'm sure...
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tombstone » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Nodachi wrote:Ugh, Coco Ichiban Curry is a chain curry place, it's like McDonalds...There are far better places to go, I'm sure...

Lol, no love for Coco Ichiban? I guess you're right, its about as simple and cheap as you can get in Japan, but I still inhaled a big plate of Chicken Katsu Curry almost weekly.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby Mrpuppy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:36 pm

What camp are you on? and how much time do you have on island, and your contract?
America
Mrpuppy
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Introductions and Orientation