New guy in Gresham, OR

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New guy in Gresham, OR

Postby xCASPERx » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:15 am

My name is Ross I live in Gresham and I'm looking to get into airsoft. I've found tac ops but I'm still looking for other places or groups in the area. If I find something I like that works with my schedule I will start playing for sure. Until then I'll be reading up on gear.
xCASPERx
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: New guy in Gresham, OR

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Welcome! Find your way to an outdoor game when you get a chance, it's a completely different experience.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby xCASPERx » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Looks like I'm going to my first ever airsoft event at tac ops this wednesday. Assuming I enjoy it I will probably go once a week while I figure out how to put together a full loadout for events.
xCASPERx
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Jester316 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Indoor and outdoor are very VERY different.

Indoor you will find lots of people who just want to run around and do magazine dumps at anything that moves.

Outdoor you get some of that, but you get more of the tactics, and flanking. Overwhelming fire is not so much a factor. One good person can take out a whole squad, or secure a whole village (it's fun when you are that one person... :D).

Now, indoor is awesome when it's scenario play like the BSP Challenge or CQC1-7, but those events have come and gone, and there are none even close to being on the horizon right now...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby xCASPERx » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 pm

I've been watching a lot of airsoft videos to get the feel of it, specifically I've mostly been watching desert fox on youtube. Outdoor is certainely the way to go it seems, but in the intrest of saving money it's probably a good idea for me start at tac ops as a way for me to jump in to it for little cost. As I make contacts and figure what events I can go to and how to gear up for them I will definately be looking into it.
xCASPERx
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Introductions and Orientation