Patches reporting in

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Patches reporting in

Postby PvtPatches » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi everyone.

I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. First off, I'm not a Private, nor am I military. PvtPatches is simply my fallback username when Patches is taken. Both my folks were military, and many of my friends are, and I won't have that mistake be made out of respect to them and everyone else that has served.

My real name is Anthony "Tony" Traverso, though Patches has been my name since Highschool for friends, teachers, family, and coworkers alike. If you are against nicknames, and would prefer my birth name, go for it. As of now, I work fulltime at Boeing Portland as a CNC mechanic, while taking online courses at OSU for Mechanical Engineering. I'm drawn to anything mechanical, firearms especially. I've been raised around firearms and firearm safety since I was a wee child.

That being said is also the reason I didn't delve into airsoft until the last year or so, as airsoft goes against much of whats engraved in my skull and in my families skulls as well. I was also too poor to afford the gear back in Highschool. Now I have a kickass job, and I'd like to play something a little more than just CQB.

Right now my load out is
>Echo 1 M14 AEG
>WE Tech M9 GBB
>UTG Multishot Combat Shotgun
>Condor Ronin Chest Rig Black (I wanted something lightweight)
>Full seal Googles

My questions were
>Death rags? Are we talking just any red bandanna to throw up when hit?
>How many batteries per game will I typically need? (for my Echo1 M14)
>Must I do a camo BDU? Or can I go with an all black loadout?
>The Event on Jan 4th is public event that noobs (such as myself) can attend, correct?

Im open to any* questions about myself, so feel free to ask.
*within reason

I am rather new to airsoft, a veteran to firearms and shooting (if it could be said that that is applicable at all), and excited to play with you all soon.

Yall take it easy
Mighty fine shindig.
PvtPatches
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Patches reporting in

Postby Matt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi, and welcome!

Any red or bright orange piece of fabric can be used as a death rag, as long as it can be seen from far away. The point is to let them know you are already dead so they can stop shooting at you. Bandanas are good, orange safety vests work well too. Some people use shop rags, but they're not as bright as some other red fabrics.

Not sure what the battery capacity is on the M14, but it never hurts to have a fully charged spare for backup.

All black is a bad idea in the woods, it's a dead giveaway. Although, most games don't require camo BDUs, many of the more informal games allow you to run whatever you got. Most people run BDUs because they want to be able to blend in and hide in the woods, but if you don't have them yet don't let that stop you from coming to a game.

Camp R&R events are open to anybody, just be sure to read the Safety Rules and FPS limits they link from the event post.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby PvtPatches » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:59 am

Thanks for the Welcome Matt.

I'll be sure to go find myself a death rag, as I'm not overly fond of being shot more than necessary. As for wearing black it may be all I have by the next game I can attend. I will take heed to your advice though, and will set about finding some camo for future games. Thank you for the information!

I think the forums took care of all my other questions. Woot
Mighty fine shindig.
PvtPatches
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jaster » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:15 pm

The easiest and cheapest way to find camo is through the 'Good will' shops. I have never been to a good will which has not had at least one M81 'Woodland' BDU... Great starter camo for wooded areas. Still, you get what you pay for... The camo they sell might need some patching up. Such is the set-back of used camo...Though I am still using my set, and it is of a good quality.

Keep in mind:
-There MAY be special deals out there where you can find better quality BDUs at a cheaper price
-If you have if can afford buying your BDU elsewhere, try to. 'Good Will', as expected, does not have the best selection or the best quality.

Anyway... that's my advice on BDUs. It has helped many people in the Corvallis area invest in their BDUs without needing to pay much.
Jaster
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Introductions and Orientation