Airsoft is fun

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Airsoft is fun

Postby MyUsernameIsTooLong » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Yep, I have come to the conclusion that this should be my new expensive hobby.

Hello all,

New to the airsoft world. Quick rundown on what got me into it. I've always wanted to do it, I new it existed, I even had a couple of arisoft pistols, but I lived in a household where the parent was one of those "You'll shoot your eye out!" <-- Movie Reference. So I was never allowed to do anything related to airsoft really. Also they didn't want me to set a "bad example" for the younger bros.

Anyway finally grew up (?) moved out of my Miami home, got married, job, the whole deal, went back home to visit and found out my lil bro is now balls to the wall Arisoft enthusiast. WTF!!?!? NOW the parents are not giving a sh.t? They waited for me to move out?!?!? Fukers. We played at Miami airsoft, here are some videos:

Not me in the videos.

Anyway now I live in Beautiful Eugene OR, and while on my 36hr journey to fly home (Thanks for nothing Chicago) I was thinking: "Goodie, I'm gonna buy this, and that, meet new people, blah blah blah" Only to find out that the Airsoft scene here in Eugene, is practically non-existent. I mean last year an airsoft shop opened up in springfield (Tactical Assault Airsoft), and today I found out it's already closed. Crap.

But it's ok, the World Wide Web is filled with wonderful sites to buy stuff.

The problem of not having a place to play though persists. Anyone with knowledge of good places to play close by the emerald City?

Thank you!
MyUsernameIsTooLong
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Airsoft is fun

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:37 am

That's a typical problem for folks in the Eugene area. For larger events you'll be looking at 2 hours of driving every time. There have been small events in the Albany / Salem area in the past... a few near the Silverton area, like this event:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42145

But unfortunately the arenas and permanent outdoor fields are all near Portland. But if you're willing to drive you'll be able to hit up skirmishes and OP events. The other possibility, look online for BLM land you can gather people together at, find more players in your area who want to skirm and run some games yourself.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby MyUsernameIsTooLong » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks Matt,

As of now I'm still looking at gear, doing research etc. So far I think I might try to find a used G&G Raider, I've found some on ebay that have already upgrades, batteries, chargers, sights and what not for decent price.

If you have any quick suggestions they will be very much appreciated as well :)

One of the forum members already reached out, that was nice, so as soon as I have some gear I'll try to get involved. I love forums, always an easy way to learn and find people, you'll see me here asking stupid questions :learn:
MyUsernameIsTooLong
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Make it out to the expo on the 25th if you can.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42121

We had lots of new and used gear last year. You might find a great opportunity to score an AEG at a really decent price, and unlike eBay you can test-fire it there.
Matt

Postby MyUsernameIsTooLong » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to make it :)
MyUsernameIsTooLong
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tankwitch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Eugene airsofters are real, last game I went was about 15 or so people.
We have groups over FB, that is how we organize our games.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/619041828131786/

Other groups do exist but are not very active. Post a hello to let everyone know that you are new to the local area.

Hope to see you out on the field.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Nope, airsoft is not fun. Airsoft is gay. The only things gayer than airsoft are the US military, and downtown San Francisco on a Friday night.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Tork » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Nope, airsoft is not fun. Airsoft is gay. The only things gayer than airsoft are the US military, and downtown San Francisco on a Friday night.

And Welshy :D

So I think I live in Eugene. And I might have practices with my team on the regular. Tank witch and some others I know about have small games but I don't usually attend because on a scammer/annoying child usually goes as well. But if ya wanna meet up send me a pm. Would be glad to meet you :)
ImageTorkMastaFlex
Tork
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aforbit » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Welcome to AP!,

I got in Airsoft down in FLA too I was just a "bit" north of you over in Tampa. Good to see another person from the land of endless summer -_-.
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Tankwitch wrote:Eugene airsofters are real, last game I went was about 15 or so people.
We have groups over FB, that is how we organize our games.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/619041828131786/

There's a good reason to organize events on forums instead (or in addition to FB), more new players will find you via Google. These Facebook groups rarely even show up in search.
Matt

Postby MyUsernameIsTooLong » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Well I signed up on the FB group too :)

I'm still looking around for something to buy that it's a good deal, I've been asking here and there, If I can I'll probably go to the expo, mainly to meet people too, don't really want to spend a fortune just yet. My motorcycle is the other expensive hobby and she gets jealous XD.

Anyway I found this on ebay, what do you guys think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VFC-Full-Metal-M4-ES-E-Line-Defender-AEG-Airsoft-Rifle-Black-BUNDLE-DEAL/171210962303?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D4010624768982443107%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D171210962303%26
MyUsernameIsTooLong
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tankwitch » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 am

Tork wrote:
Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Nope, airsoft is not fun. Airsoft is gay. The only things gayer than airsoft are the US military, and downtown San Francisco on a Friday night.

And Welshy :D

So I think I live in Eugene. And I might have practices with my team on the regular. Tank witch and some others I know about have small games but I don't usually attend because on a scammer/annoying child usually goes as well. But if ya wanna meet up send me a pm. Would be glad to meet you :)

I know who you are talking about. You should come out to an ORB or TAAT game. The Multi-cam clad male in question is far less likely to show to one of those games. Sadly the other multi-cam clad young man who I wish that I could airsoft with more often is attached almost at the hip to the person in question.

As a note from me personally I need more people like you to show up. The multi-cam clad male annoys me quite greatly. ORB games tend to be free of the person in question.

P.S.
Username... You may want to see if the owner of the Tactical assault shop has some stock to sell. Last I heard he still had some AEG's to sell. Classic Army sport lines: Scar, AR, and a SIG model. Also check the ads posted on this site I have gotten a GBB from here and it went quite nicely.

P.P.S
Matt if you don't mind I do want to start a general thread for Lane county area games, chatting, team recruits, Etc. Some boards have frowned on this, so I have been reluctant to start one.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:20 am

Tankwitch wrote:P.P.S
Matt if you don't mind I do want to start a general thread for Lane county area games, chatting, team recruits, Etc. Some boards have frowned on this, so I have been reluctant to start one.

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Matt

Postby nedmac » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Tankwitch wrote: The multi-cam clad male annoys me quite greatly. ORB games tend to be free of the person in question.

Probably because when I was part of STF571 and when it was a thing, he hosted a game on his own property, invited the team, but told me if I showed up he would shoot me with real steel.... Something isn't quite right in the multi-cam clad male's head..... And he ruined Eugene airsoft for me. I'm glad to hear he will most likely not be attending these games!

And it would be awesome if you started up a Lane county thread. I had been hearing of these games but wondering why they never showed up on AP.
Matt wrote:
People who don't like video game quotes can go eat a tool.
nedmac
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tork » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:18 pm

I hope i'm not the Multi-cam clad man :D

But seriously Tankwitch, i really need to get my guys together with you guys so we can have some better games on weekends. If "he" hasn't been showing up then i will be more willing to skirm with you guys. If possible i would like to host a game out here in Creswell for the Lane area; not an event but more of an awareness of who all actually airsofts.
ImageTorkMastaFlex
Tork
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Introductions and Orientation