New To The Sport

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New To The Sport

Postby NinjaShot777 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Hello Everyone, i have recently found out that there is sport called "AirSoft" I did some reading up on it and i think it sound like a load of fun! I've been reading and watching videos on good weapons to get, how to become a good shooter, different equipment i would need, you get the drift. But besides all that I've had some questions.

Here Are Some:

1. Is there a certain age limit, I am 13 years old if you are wondering
2. If so is there anywhere else i can play ( For question 1 only )
3. I'm more of a indoor kinda guy so i was wondering if duel pistols would be a good loadout because i really like the feeling of two guns and i don't like using assault rifles indoors.

Well that's all the questions i have, i hope i get some feedback and answers!
This is my rifle, This is my gun, This is for shooting, This is for fun...
NinjaShot777
Recruit
Recruit

Team: AnkleBiters

Re: New To The Sport

Postby Darius137 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Well if you're 13 you should have your profile say 13.

Games are posted here. As a new person I'd say try the two indoor arenas in the Portland area, and look for free skirmishes that are abound. The bigger games might have a few more requirements in the age category or costs.

Two pistols is good if you like it, but it's not very effective for aiming, and once you run out of rounds it's pretty annoying to reload them.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby NinjaShot777 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Thank You For Replying....

I've been searching around for some local indoor arenas and i have found a couple... The reason i like the duel wield set up is because i like the feeling for a couple of reasons.. one because it makes you feel like the coolest person on the block.... and two you have more rounds to fire ( minus the accuracy )....

But the disadvantages i have taken into consideration... for example a single pistol has way more accuracy, a single pistol has a higher reload rate, and it is easier to aim/move around
NinjaShot777
Recruit
Recruit

Postby USB PLUG » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:21 pm

I have very little experience, but IMO your better off getting a high rpm SMG, like a TMP, UZI, MP5, or an MP7. I feel like getting two pistols would really restrict your playing style, who knows, you may love to hit those high target guys with your DMR. However, you cant really go wrong with akimbo pistols in CQB. And sometimes it really comes in handy if your primary runs out of ammo in action, nothing cooler then reaching for both those pistols and get close n' personal. Most big games wont take 12 year old's because of maturity issues and play style. (I.E 12 year olds running around with a silver walmart revolver and using a sniper like a AR) However some kids are really good to have on the team, but most of the time the host wont allow because of the age limit. If you show your mature and show your a good player to have, (Getting rep (Pretty small community here, everyone knows just about everyone)) then you should have no problems.
USB PLUG
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby NinjaShot777 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:57 pm

Ya that's what I was thinking also.. I kinda got the akimbo out of my head and only stick with 1..but I found a good deal on a m-tar that has 300 fps and comes with charger battery ect... and I think thats what im going to do.. but about the maturaty thing, I think I am very mature.. I hope I didnt sound immature saying that but I am a very nice person and I dont do stupid things like cheat and hurt people on purpose... I kniw tthat people cuss there but I dont find that weird considering I go to a public school lol..
NinjaShot777
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:10 am

Seems that your best bet would be to checkout "the Airsoft Center" in Tacoma. Get a good pistol and learn to shoot and reload it effectively.

Outdoor games in your area would best be located through http://www.airsoftsociety.com I believe. Play indoor a few times before you start buying a bunch of gear. For your first rifle, go with a G&G ebb. Unless money isn't an issue, then get a KWA ebb. Good luck, play safe!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby NinjaShot777 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks for the information, but do you know if there is a certain age limit for TAC also. Another thing is i'm thinking of buying a H&K P30 Electric Pistol... It has a FPS of about 300 And It cost only $42.00, It looks like a good starter gun and i like the way it looks. I have a pistol of my own but it is a spring pistol and i have a cock it every time i shoot.

But do you think it would be a good gun for me to buy and use?
If not is there another gun that would be pretty good?
NinjaShot777
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:16 pm

That sounds like an OK pistol for a new player.

As far as the age limits are concerned, you should call and find out yourself.
The more stuff you can find out on your own, the happier everyone on here will be.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Return to Introductions and Orientation