New to AP, and airsoft

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Re: New to AP, and airsoft

Postby Alacon » Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am

Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] wrote:
Shortbu wrote:Using a box mag in anything other than an LMG is usually frowned upon, as a large part of the community tries to simulate real military(hence the term milsim). Also, most games have mag restrictions, and a box mag on an M4 platform doesn't fit within the designated restrictions.
You are correct, the term replica is the proper term for an airsoft "weapon". Its just a good habit to get into calling it a replica, rather than a gun, at least in in public. I'm not very PC, but talking about "guns" and talking about airsoft "replicas" in public, gets completely different reactions. Sometimes I just don't feel like getting into a debate with some asshat, sticking their nose in my business about how evil guns are.
Being that you aren't stateside, and can't go to any games to check things out, youtube has a plethora of airsoft battles to watch. So does this site. The ones on this site will also show you some of the fields you'll be playing on when you get here.
THANK YOU for your service! I know it's a term that gets said a lot, but know you ARE appreciated. I'd love to get together, and talk about comms questions I have,and try to help you out with any questions you have, when you get stateside.
Stay safe- Shortbus OUT!

What he said.... (as much as it pains me to say :p )

Also Thank YOU for doing what I cant. I will forever be grateful.
look forward to meeting you in person and playing on the field

Anytime guys, just a job to me, you ask anyone here, they are just doing what they do.

Feel free to hit my up with any questions you guys have, I'll answer them best possible. I can't wait to get home for a bit and hopefully hit some games during that time, it looks good so far.

I'm going back through and looking at my perspective loadout again, and I'll post it up here in a bit to be picked apart.

Cody
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Alacon » Sat May 03, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm looking more and more at these, It's expensive, but at the same time I'm easily going to be there after ordering parts.
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm

The big question really is. . . .is this a moot conversation? Can you find a Polarstar for sale that is actually in stock?

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Alacon » Sun May 04, 2014 2:39 am

I have 3 months still, If i get an order in early enough they should be able to build something out. I was going to send an email yesterday, but I figured I'd be better off just waiting until monday.

There are some for sale on ebay as well, but I don't want to spend a ton of money if I'm going to remove and re-buy half the parts.

But if I can't get one, it's still not a loos, I can just build the AEG I want and get a polarstar for it when it become available. The biggest part for me right now is deciding exactly what configuration(s) I want to go with.

Cody
Last edited by Alacon on Sun May 04, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Alacon » Sun May 04, 2014 2:51 am

well, since I double posted I'll put this one here.

I was trying not to run a full size pistol, but based on the heavy recommendation on using Co2 I'll probably get going with one of these.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_25_485&products_id=10096
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 am

Here's some more advice. I highly suggest choosing a pistol with a light rail.

Second, last night I had a dream I went to a game and everyone was running P*'s! WTF LOL
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Shortbu » Sun May 04, 2014 11:26 am

My Black and Tan Elite Force 1911's have the built in rail. Works great with my Surefire pistol light.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alacon » Sun May 04, 2014 12:09 pm

yeah, I saw that , the black and tan one has awesome reviews, I was looking at the APS APC as well, but the elite force seems to be pretty solid by everyone that reviewed it.

I'm looking at vests now, I keep getting pulled away for actual work, and that's never any fun.
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sun May 04, 2014 12:16 pm

I have the APS ACP 601 ,shot the shit out of it. So far, so good. LOVE how loud it is, and super fantastic recoil! Great lil gun for the money.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Junto » Sun May 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Be ready to perform pretty frequent field maintenance on that polarstar. They're neat, but they're a bit dodgy. An LM4 would probably be a better bet if you have your heart set on gas, and those can still be really finicky. Most folks I know that pack them around regularly keep field repair kits on hand and it's still not guaranteed that you'll get them back up before the end of the game.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Shortbu » Sun May 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Junto wrote:Be ready to perform pretty frequent field maintenance on that polarstar. They're neat, but they're a bit dodgy. An LM4 would probably be a better bet if you have your heart set on gas, and those can still be really finicky. Most folks I know that pack them around regularly keep field repair kits on hand and it's still not guaranteed that you'll get them back up before the end of the game.

That's why I suggested the Rm-4, AEG. Gas is cool and all, but in our climate, it's just not conducive to running gas full time. The RM-4, just feels like quality in the hands, quick change spring system, electric recoil that you can actually feel, and KWA reliability, are all the reasons I recommended this gun. As I said before, I've never been a fan of electric recoil, but this one is pretty impressive.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alacon » Tue May 06, 2014 1:04 pm

I've never been one to not have a backup gun anyway, so if my primary goes down, that's on me I'm willing to invest the time to make it stable though.

I've all but decided on APS ACP as my secondary, I'll be running that in an IWB holster, or a serpa. These are just things that I'm used to wearing. To me an IWB is more comfortable, and moves less, but comes into issues when drawing wearing kit. The acp fits in a serpa though, and I have a ton of serpa parts lying around so I can put that together in almost nay config.

For plate carriers I've been looking at
http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-BLC04202LG0/Jumpable-Plate-Carrier%E2%84%A2-(jpc)
or
http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-56100-tactec-carrier.html#qa
These are both real rigs. more expensive I know, but for me it serves dual duty, as I can take it back with me and use it as my real kit, It's been on my list of things to buy for quite some time and this provides another reason. Less items on my hand receipt is a good thing.

Pants is on I'm really struggling with. I'm trying to get a couple sets of crye gear before I leave, but I haven't been presented with an opportunity to ask. even then, I'm not a huge fan of aor1 or mulitcam in a forest environment .

that being said
http://www.milsimproducts.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=3020&category_id=1758
and
http://www.milsimproducts.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=3211&category_id=1758

those look pretty sweet, and possibly better than crye's kit for multicam. I'm a big fan of keeping cool, and I'm not concerned about being fireproof.

as for a uniform shirt I'm pretty settled on
http://www.milsimproducts.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=3106&category_id=1314

Again, thanks for the help. os if anyone has some good/bad input on any of this gear, let me know. I'm getting a ton of good info so far and hopeful I'll get the best gear possible for my setup.

-Cody
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Plate Carrier:
I'd go with the JPC. Looks better, and I think will fit better too. The other one looks bulky, and you don't need a quick release unless you are going to be doing waterborne operations.

Uniform:

Stick with regular BDU/ACU's. No need for fancy paintball pants. I wear issued M81 BDUs, issued multicam ACU's, Emerson (chinaman) AOR2, issued FROG desert MARPAT, Proper woodland Marpat, and issued AlpenFlauge.

You don't need the fancy padding, airflow mesh, squeege pockets, and whatever else.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Alacon » Tue May 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Sorry, should have added I have full sets of BDU, ACU, DCU, and the blue navy stuff already (all I have to do is rip my rank/service off) I'm going for range of movement, comfort and breathe-ability.

Not a huge deal, I'm just not a fan of regular bdus.
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:47 pm

Alacon wrote:Sorry, should have added I have full sets of BDU, ACU, DCU, and the blue navy stuff already (all I have to do is rip my rank/service off) I'm going for range of movement, comfort and breathe-ability.

Not a huge deal, I'm just not a fan of regular bdus.

I've never had an issue with range of motion or breathability in any bdu/acu uniform. Really airsoft isn't like paintball. You aren't running and diving around inflatable snakes or dorito shaped bunkers. You're moving with purpose, clearing corners and buildings, and humping up next to a moss covered tree. Crye makes pants with stretchy fabric in the knees and just above the a$$, however one of my teammates ripped the shit out of that stuff. The only problems with uniforms I've had is the crotch on Proper multicam BDU's ripped out (we actually had 3 pants rip the crotches at the same game a few years ago). If you want to spend money on fancy parachute pants, go ahead. Just telling you they aren't needed in airsoft.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions and Orientation