Moving to Portland in 2015!

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Moving to Portland in 2015!

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Hey AP folks,

My field name is FoxHound & I play a sniper role. My wife also plays but typically in an assault role with her Elite Force CQC M4. We are likely going to move to Portland in the beginning of next year (2015) so I'm checking out what's going on in the community. Oregon airsoft looks awesome.

We have been playing with the Airsoft Outlaws of Arkansas (McRae, AR) since August & it's been good times. What do you think is the best way to go about finding a team to play with? Also, we haven't been a part of a large OP as of yet -- are there any particular regional OPs that we should check out if/when we make it out there?

I currently use an upgraded Well MB05 (0.30g), G&G CM16 (0.25g), & Y&P MK23 GNBB (0.25g). Camouflage is OD green.

Thanks for reading my post! If you would like to stay in touch outside of AP.com, find "Cruz FoxHound" on Facebook & YouTube

-- FoxHound
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Moving to Portland in 2015!

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:38 am

Welcome, and as someone who is from WV, may I say congrats on the escaping the south!

As far as teams go. What part of Oregon are you moving to, and how often do you want play/have time for training?

Almost forgot, if you're in Oregon in time for the expo, make sure to show up.

You can meet most of us, get good deals on used gear, and fondle some new product.
If you attend, introduce yourselves to people, and make sure to check out the shooting ranges upstairs!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:25 am

Hey ClownBaby,

Thanks for your reply. We would be moving to Portland in the beginning of this upcoming year. I think we would be willing to play every other weekend, potentially more depending on work schedule.

When/where is the expo? What expo is it?

Thanks!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:41 am

Welcome FoxHound,
Here is a link for the expo viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42639
This will be a really good place to meet people and teams in the area, I know my team will be there.
Look forward to meeting you in person.

William aka Hawkeye
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Thank you, HawkEye! If we are in Portland at that time I'll PM you. Thanks for the support, guys
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vernichtung » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Welcome to portland. We have big outdoor games here :badgrin:
Vernichtung
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Typhon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Cool! Welcome!

It's wet here...a lot. But summer is absolutely amazing.
Motionless Operators Ventilate Easily...
Typhon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Rentax » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:41 am

Lighthammer wrote:Cool! Welcome!

It's wet here...a lot. But summer is absolutely amazing.

You know what else is amazing, playing in the rain.

Welcome FoxHound, glad to see our community growing.
Around here finding a team isn't too hard... any event you go to around here you will find a bunch of teams. Most teams are constantly looking for players so finding one won't be hard, just come out to events and chat with the players, and you'll be able to find a team that you will fit in with. What do you consider a "large OP"? Our smallest games usually run around 100, larger events hit 300 or more. We have several event hosts in our area depending on what kind of play you like. Riddick hosts a lot, most of his events are standard games, sector control, with objectives and some scenario based game play thrown in for excitement. MilSim West is doing MilSim style of events with command structure from the top down, and a largely more military based experience. AIRSOC is also an up and coming group to our community, rising out of the ashes of a group called Black Serria Productions, look forward to great things coming from them. Other than that we have a few fields Camp R&R host event almost every weekend. As well as a field down in Salem called "the Swamp" that hosts about once a month. If you play indoor, there are 2 in our area. Tac-Ops, and Oregon Airsoft Arena.
Hope to see you out there
~M
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Cyclops » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 am

Lebanon is where "The Swamp" is located. 25 minute drive south of Salem
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Shortbu » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 am

Just checking the events on AP keeps you fairly up to date on most upcoming local games. Things are pretty quiet right now as far as outdoor games coming up, but Oregon Indoor Arena is your best bet for cqb. Summers here have games on a consistant basis with usually good turnouts. Milsim West doesn't post their games on AP, but they are on Facebook, and have, IMHO, the best MILSIM games around.
Glad to hear you're moving here as it's always good to get some new blood involved. Welcome, and hope to see you out there!
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:03 am

MSW posts events here. I don't know if they did with the last one but there's been quite a few in the past.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Nark » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:10 am

Welcome! Hope you find a good team to join!
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:06 am

The most players I've ever been on the field with is about 60, so a "large op" for me would be anything 100 or over if volume is a factor. I'm interested in games that involve story line & evolve over time. I've only been playing since this past August so there haven't been any large opportunities near me in Little Rock.

Rentax & THE Shortbus: I understand what you're saying about finding a team. I'll make an effort to stay tuned to games & seek out players I vibe with.

Thanks everyone for your input! :idea:

... & friendliness 8)
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Introductions and Orientation