Starting up Airsoft need a place near vancouver

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Starting up Airsoft need a place near vancouver

Postby Longshotx24 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello AP,

My Name is Nahiku and I'm new to AP and i'm just starting up airsofting again and i'm looking for a place near vancouver that i can go to. Maybe an outdoor Arena or a CQB arena that is good and has serious players.

Also i would like people to know that i am 16 and that i like to work tactically and work as a unit. I have a couple of friends who will soon be joining me and we will need a place to go to.

So if you have any suggestions please could you help me find a place we can go to

- Nahiku
Longshotx24
Recruit
Recruit

Team: ATA

Re: Starting up Airsoft need a place near vancouver

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Hello and welcome.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I'm interested on the pronunciation of your name.
Is it naw-he-koo? Also curious, is it Japanese? Islander? Not racist, just like other languages.

As far as airsoft goes, there is no public place to play in the Vancouver, or Camas area. Hopefully one day that will change.

The closest place to you would be TAC-OPS in NE Portland on 122nd and NE Sandy boulevard. While a lot of people would say don't waste your time going there, if you need a place to play that's close, that's it.

I've played there bout six times, and I've always had fun. It may not be very big, or the most technology advanced arena, but the staff are as friendly as someone who works around kids should be expected too, and I've never seen any B.S. in the arena, like smacktalk or fighting.

I will be trying to attend regularly on Friday nights through the winter. Their's a few younger teams, people around your age, and a few loose older noobs, that will be trying to do the same. Kind of a lighthearted little team vs team basic training thing. Gonna keep it simple, and fun.

Best part of arenas is you get to shoot as much free ammo as you want! God, I wish they would do that for real steel. Damn.

If this sounds good to you, or you got any questions, get at me.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Typhon » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Welcome. I'm C.J., over in the Beaverton, OR area. I know Hillsboro may be a bit of a trek for you, especially if you're not driving yourself, but the Oregon Airsoft Arena over in Hillsboro is an indoor arena and is pretty fun too. Also, don't forget to check the calendar on this site. found here. There may be an op during the weekends that you can show up at and get a little trigger time in.
Motionless Operators Ventilate Easily...
Typhon
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Longshotx24 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:59 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Hello and welcome.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I'm interested on the pronunciation of your name.
Is it naw-he-koo? Also curious, is it Japanese? Islander? Not racist, just like other languages.

As far as airsoft goes, there is no public place to play in the Vancouver, or Camas area. Hopefully one day that will change.

The closest place to you would be TAC-OPS in NE Portland on 122nd and NE Sandy boulevard. While a lot of people would say don't waste your time going there, if you need a place to play that's close, that's it.

I've played there bout six times, and I've always had fun. It may not be very big, or the most technology advanced arena, but the staff are as friendly as someone who works around kids should be expected too, and I've never seen any B.S. in the arena, like smacktalk or fighting.

I will be trying to attend regularly on Friday nights through the winter. Their's a few younger teams, people around your age, and a few loose older noobs, that will be trying to do the same. Kind of a lighthearted little team vs team basic training thing. Gonna keep it simple, and fun.

Best part of arenas is you get to shoot as much free ammo as you want! God, I wish they would do that for real steel. Damn.

If this sounds good to you, or you got any questions, get at me.

Yeah so my name is Hawaiian and its is pretty much pronounced how you had it no most people get it on there first try haha. And i will look into it but i am also looking foward to seeing any large or pretty good ops in oregon some time. I will have my license soon and will probably drive to most places i was just checking to see if there were any closer one atm and if they're pretty good.
Longshotx24
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Longshotx24 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Lighthammer wrote:Welcome. I'm C.J., over in the Beaverton, OR area. I know Hillsboro may be a bit of a trek for you, especially if you're not driving yourself, but the Oregon Airsoft Arena over in Hillsboro is an indoor arena and is pretty fun too. Also, don't forget to check the calendar on this site. found here. There may be an op during the weekends that you can show up at and get a little trigger time in.

looking foward to going to an op or two maybe find something over in hillsbro that would make it worth the drive and does anyone know if the "Farm" in Scappose is still up? Havent heard much from it but its really close too
Longshotx24
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Jmonday » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:45 am

Longshotx24 wrote:Hello AP,

My Name is Nahiku and I'm new to AP and i'm just starting up airsofting again and i'm looking for a place near vancouver that i can go to. Maybe an outdoor Arena or a CQB arena that is good and has serious players.

Also i would like people to know that i am 16 and that i like to work tactically and work as a unit. I have a couple of friends who will soon be joining me and we will need a place to go to.

So if you have any suggestions please could you help me find a place we can go to

- Nahiku

Nothing up in Vancouver, but there is a few CQB shops that are up close to Vancouver.

http://www.tac-opsairsoft.com/ Tac-Ops: Pretty small only 6000 sq. ft., and thats counting the lobby and party rooms. Price factor is high, around $7 a mission which lasts 8-10minutes. Does get packed on the weekends, mostly kids who are playing for the first time. I'd recommend it if cash isn't an issue.

They do have a Facebook, where you can get some decent deals, keep an eye out on any websites like Groupon, they give out deals on those types of sites too.

http://oregon-airsoft.com/ Oregon Airsoft Arena: Really nice place, only downside is that it's located in Hillsboro, quite a far drive for me. Definitely worth stopping by to play through the whole day. Only around $15 for a arena pass, they only allow KWA BBs, so you'd have to buy some from them. $15 for a big bag. And $5 for a after every hour after your 3 hour period expires or something like that. They keep games constantly going.

CQB setup, haven't seen too many newbies/kids, doesn't get too crowded, but when it does, there's not too much space. There's also a pro-shop there too, they sell weapons, optics, and gear. I've bought a pistol there, price wasn't too steep. But some items are on a high markup. They also have a small snack bar.

Just make sure you watch where you keep your stuff. I had a kid "accidentally" try to walk off with a few of my magazines.

I get really worn out after playing a whole day there. But a really fun experience.

Plus if you like 'em of Facebook, you can get good deals.

You should try to make it to a few of the OPs, though, signing up on here would be best than just going to them.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to Introductions and Orientation