Any teams looking to recruit?

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Any teams looking to recruit?

Postby Chainmail » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:03 am

Hello Everyone, my name is Caleb and I am new to AP.

I am looking to join a team but have not heard back from the teams I have tried to contact. I live in Lafayette OR so I am looking for a team around Newberg, Dayton, Forest Grove, McMinnville, or possibly as far as Sherwood, Amity or Salem. If any of you guys are a part of a team in or near those cities, and are looking to add some members I am interested.

I have played airsoft for about five years now, and I have a complete loadout so I am ready to go. Please message me if you are interested.

Thanks a lot guys, and I will see you on the field.
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Any teams looking to recruit?

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:34 am

I assume you've played at Camp R&R?
Lots of teams there, ask to tag along, if you like how they do the do, then ask if there's an opening.

Welcome
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:54 am

I'm curious to what teams you have tried contacting?
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby McNair » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:39 am

Honestly, its best to just attend games and get to know people. Eventually you'll gravitate toward a group you can stand to be around and have similar play style.
Just trying to join a team randomly prior to ever attending multiple games with them rarely works for the best.
McNair

Postby Shortbu » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:04 am

McNair wrote:Honestly, its best to just attend games and get to know people. Eventually you'll gravitate toward a group you can stand to be around and have similar play style.
Just trying to join a team randomly prior to ever attending multiple games with them rarely works for the best.

Agreed! It's best to put invest time into playing at different fields, getting to know how some of the teams operate, and do a little research, and then approach them with an interest in joining.
A lot of the teams members have sigbars below their post, which denote their team. Watch how they post on AP, and see if they seem like the type of guys you want to hang with. Look at the "teams" tab here. There's a list of teams, number of players per team, where they're basically based out of, website info, etc.
It seems a lot of teams are using FB more and more lately as well. If you see a team name, or hear of one you may be interested in, more than likely, they have a FB page. You can contact them there, and show your interest in running a couple of games with them, to see if it's a good fit for everybody.
I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure you, AND they are comfortable with each other before joining. Quitting a team can lead to broken friendships, hard feeling, undo drama etc.and you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of guys who weren't what you thought they were.
Good luck!
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Rentax » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:39 pm

I'll Second Shortbus' Points
Come out to events and see how teams role and let teams see how you role. The well established teams that are looking for players at events watching the players around them and if they like what they see they will ask those players to role with them and spend time with them before formally inviting them onto their team. This doesn't mean you have to wait for them to approach you. If you do your research, and then approach them and let them know you are interested in joining, I'm fairly certain they will give at least give you a chance to prove yourself. Don't be discouraged if you don't get picked up right away, different teams operate in very different ways, and your strong suits may not be what a specific team is looking for or will help them operate better.
Things to think about when looking for a team.
Game style: What style of games does the team do and what style of games are you interested in. If you mainly do standard games, then a team with strong interest in milsim may not be what you are after. Or if you enjoy indoor, but your team only plays in the woods, then that's not a good fit either.
Operational Style: If you are interested in doing military style training, and learning how to adapt that for the airsoft field, a team that focuses on that style of operational detail will better suit you than a bunch of guys who have more of a FPS style of play. Most teams fall somewhere in between those two examples of Operational style, which is why getting out there and seeing how a team operates is so important. A lot of inexperienced teams will sell themselves as something they are not with the anonymity of the internet they don't have to walk the walk, but they feel free to talk the talk. Which is why everyone suggests getting out there and meeting people at games, nothing is worse than taking time spinning your wheels on the internet only to find out it was wasted by the team or the player.
Finally realize that what good teams are interested several things:
Players who are willing to follow directions, established teams have a team leader and don't need a new one.
Players who is honest with themselves and others about their strong suits and their weaknesses, if the team is asking you to do something you have never done before, or intends to execute a plan that you don't understand, be honest about it and ask questions, that will actually show a level of understanding that many airsofters fail at, and will make you a more desirable player.
And finally a willingness to jump in feet first ready learn, because we all do things differently but the good teams have operated together for some time, and have some semblance of unit cohesion, and if you are truly interested in joining a group you have to be willing to become a part of something more than just yourself.

Shortbus where is your SpecDet1 Sigbar?
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby Shortbu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Rentax: I have no freeking idea! I've tried to put it in there, but....SHORTBUS! I always forget to see if one of our guys will show me how, since I can't seem to figure it out. It's got to be something simple that I'm not doing right.
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby McNair » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:06 pm

THE Shortbus wrote:Rentax: I have no freeking idea! I've tried to put it in there, but....SHORTBUS! I always forget to see if one of our guys will show me how, since I can't seem to figure it out. It's got to be something simple that I'm not doing right.

soooppperrdoooopershortbus

I think I have a SpecDerp sigbar which is more applicable for you.
McNair

Postby Shortbu » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:29 pm

McNair wrote:
THE Shortbus wrote:Rentax: I have no freeking idea! I've tried to put it in there, but....SHORTBUS! I always forget to see if one of our guys will show me how, since I can't seem to figure it out. It's got to be something simple that I'm not doing right.

soooppperrdoooopershortbus

I think I have a SpecDerp sigbar which is more applicable for you.

I've seen a couple funny ones floating around. I think the most appropriate I've seen is the one with the handicapped symbol.
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Introductions and Orientation