Thinking about getting back into it!

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Thinking about getting back into it!

Postby Koivu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Hey folks,

I used to be a member here on an old account like 7+ years ago when I was younger. I remember back in the day attending a few games like OP Sundown and Summer Slaughter. I've been seriously considering getting back into airsoft now that I'm an adult with a disposable income. How has the 'technology' changed for airsoft in the last 7ish years? Is it still exactly as it was back in ~2011 or has it changed substantially?

About me;

I'm 22 years old and currently attending college. I went into the Navy right out of high school and served as a Hospital Corpsman before medical issues got me out after only a year of service. I started college and worked security for a bit. I got a job with Oregon Dept. of Corrections and spent the last 8 months working with them. Decided that finishing my degree was more conducive to my goals and now I'm back in school. I'm working for a somewhat known company providing active shooter response services to a few clients in Oregon, but they have clients all over the world.

Anyhow, feel free to ask me anything!
Koivu
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Thinking about getting back into it!

Postby drpepper475 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:28 pm

dang dude you were young back in 2011.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby Koivu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:06 pm

drpepper475 wrote:dang dude you were young back in 2011.

Oh yeah, it was a long time ago. I would've been 14 or 15 at the time. Had a sloppy milsim uniform comprised of shit bought from an army surplus store.

I dug through some old threads and seeing alot of old names that I remember is giving me hardcore nostalgia. Hell, If you've had the same avatar since you joined then I'm fairly certain I remember you. Unfortunately it seems like these forums have mostly died. I remember there used to be several new posts daily and now it seems like new posts are only popping up here a few times a week :(

Currently researching gear and putting money aside to get back into this hobby. It seems like a good way to get out and do something that doesn't involve video games or the cost of shooting real guns.
Koivu
Recruit
Recruit

Postby drpepper475 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 am

AP is on the rise again and people are using the site a lot just not posting much.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:47 pm

-
Welcome back ... We have been gaining a lot of traction over the past year.

It just takes people like you to post and share. Nice thing is it doesn't get lost in the Facebook noise :p
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Grounded » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 pm

Welcome my friend. AP welcomes you.
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Introductions and Orientation