3gun Competitive Shooter Joining Airsoft

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

3gun Competitive Shooter Joining Airsoft

Postby AyyLMAO » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:45 pm

3gun Competitive Shooter Joining Airsoft.

Experienced in tactical multigun competition, starting airsoft because ammo is expensive and fighting against experienced opponents seems like good cross-training for team tactics in disaster preparedness/civil-unrest scenarios.

I own land (5 acres) out in Camas, Washington so down the road i may be open to small groups at my house but i'd need to know everyone well.

I'd like to join a local team, do some matches and meet new people.

Strengths:
years of USPSA and 3gun match experience.
Fitness (mma, BJJ and running)
Mindset (I'm willing to start at the bottom and earn my keep)
Ready to learn.

Weaknesses:
Need to get better at team tactics
noob at airsoft

blah, with a few weeks notice I'm down for whatever, invite me to some events etc.
AyyLMAO
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: 3gun Competitive Shooter Joining Airsoft

Postby Nocte » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:21 pm

I wouldn't assume airsofters are experienced, but some may have a little bit of training they're happy to blow out of proportion.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby AyyLMAO » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 am

Nocte wrote:I wouldn't assume airsofters are experienced, but some may have a little bit of training they're happy to blow out of proportion.

While I appreciate the encouragement, I'm gonna assume that I'm dog poop until proven otherwise. The milsim videos I see online seem pretty decent with the exception of barrier penetration. Any service rifle will happily cook through the walls of buildings, doors and light masonry.

Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to competing against armed and determined opponents.

Competitive shooting trained me to "John Wick" my way through buildings etc but since the targets aren't shooting back I'm less used to using cover/concealment.
AyyLMAO
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ThatGnomeGuy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:00 am

AyyLMAO wrote:Competitive shooting trained me to "John Wick" my way through buildings etc but since the targets aren't shooting back I'm less used to using cover/concealment.
[/quote]
Welcome aboard!
I'm a noob, too, with a little 3-gun, two-gun exp, etc., who got into Airsoft for the same reasons. I wish I'd started sooner. Teenagers are far more resistant to being hit than cardboard or steel, LOL, which makes for a very fun time.
Just being familiar with gun up/ready/scanning puts you at an advantage.
Have you played any games yet, and if so, where?
The NOOBest of NOOBs.
ThatGnomeGuy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby AyyLMAO » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:41 am

ThatGnomeGuy wrote:
AyyLMAO wrote:Competitive shooting trained me to "John Wick" my way through buildings etc but since the targets aren't shooting back I'm less used to using cover/concealment.

Welcome aboard!
I'm a noob, too, with a little 3-gun, two-gun exp, etc., who got into Airsoft for the same reasons. I wish I'd started sooner. Teenagers are far more resistant to being hit than cardboard or steel, LOL, which makes for a very fun time.
Just being familiar with gun up/ready/scanning puts you at an advantage.
Have you played any games yet, and if so, where?

No games yet, but I do own a house on 5 acres so down the road i could be open to home-defense scenarios etc.

I got a g17 airsoft a few months ago to cross-train for USPSA competition (i run a g34 real gun in USPSA/multigun) and YESTERDAY i finally pulled the trigger on a full carbine loadout to sort-of match my real-gun suppressed SBR. I have a plate carrier, duty belt with holsters, mag pouches etc so i should be alright. For real-steel the only things I don't have are NODs, a ballistic helmet and a pallet of ammo.

I'm planning on swapping over my weapon light and eotech over to my airsoft carbine.

This is what's in the mail:
AyyLMAO
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Introductions and Orientation