Introduction

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Introduction

Postby CPLJBUSMC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Ex-military guy wanting to get into airsoft. I have watched some pretty cool videos on Youtube with regard to milsim and other cool roleplaying events. Looks like a lot of fun, a way to stay fit, and a way to use skills acquired in my military service.

Served as a 0341 Infantry Mortarman, Weapons Company 81mm
TRAP (Tactical Recovery of Aircraft Personnel) Certification - SOTG Okinawa
Afghanistan Operation Mountain Lion (2006)
Expert Rifleman - Rife & Pistol Coaches Course

If anyone is in the Vancouver, WA area and has insight into local milsim groups or just local places to get some rounds in, I would appreciate the help!
Last edited by CPLJBUSMC on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPLJBUSMC
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Introduction

Postby Variable » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 am

Greetings.
There's different groups around ranging from skirmishing in Paintball parks to "speed soft" in arenas to more MilSim stuff.
MilSim West puts on a decent event in the Northwest once or twice a year, check them out.
Variable

Team: APST

Re: Introduction

Postby CPLJBUSMC » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:11 am

Thanks Variable! I have seen some videos on speed soft, running blindly through open areas slinging thousands of rounds is definitely not my style. More of a tactical, team, mission oriented guy.

Milsim West events look awesome! I feel like I will need to get some smaller events under my belt before jumping on one of those though. Glad to know they do throw events out here, all the events currently on their site are not northwest.

I have seen posts and a event for this weekend with regard to skirmishes, from the sounds of it these are kind like random pickup games that are hosted by landowners, is that correct?

I still have a few pieces of kit I am waiting on in the mail. Magazines, face shield, etc. Also need to go zero my M4 and pistol. Looking to try and hit up the AA Op event on the 25th.
CPLJBUSMC
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Return to Introductions and Orientation