Noob from Snohomish WA

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Noob from Snohomish WA

Postby apexmaster37 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:49 am

Hello
I have been thinking of joining the airsoft community and start going to games on weekends. I'm a total noob when it comes to airosft. There are so many choices as far as gun, rifles, etc. I really want to get a sniper rifle and a pistol to start with. however there are so many option and not sure what to really get?
my budget for rifle would be $300-500 , pistol $100, and gear $200. If you guys can suggest what type of rifle to get that be awesome. thank you
apexmaster37
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Noob from Snohomish WA

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:44 pm

I'd suggest checking and see if where you play rents replicas. Renting is a good way to try different platforms. I know sniper rifles seem to be the go-to starting out, but my suggestion would be a M4 AEG platform, nothing too expensive just to see if you like the sport. you can get into a M4 for <$200 and its always good to have a backup replica.

A Sniper has a lot of limitations on the field and I personally discourage them as a first replica unless you are part of a team acting as a sniper/scout or at least have a spotter running with you. This is just my opinion.

Pistols, depends on what you like. Elite Force, G&G and Elite Force all make nice GBB (gas blow-back pistols) I'd stick to a green gas over CO2, also my opinion.

Go to a few games before you invest too much $$$, then you can decide on your uniform and gear, if anything Airsofters love to take about their loadouts. Take advantage of their friendless and knowledge.

I would also suggest checking a brick and motor store. The closest store I know of in your area is Black Ops at 1225 Ruddell Rd SE G, Lacey, WA 98503

Hopefully you will get some other feedback from other members ....

BTW, welcome and let us know how it goes.
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Return to Introductions and Orientation