Game Cancellations

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Do recent game cancellations make you less likely to pre-pay and register for upcoming events?

Yes
61%
No
30%
I'm not sure
9%

Total votes : 89

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:20 pm

To me, it depends on the person running th game. If its someone I know, and I understand why they've had to cancel - I'm far more understanding than if Joe Schmoe says "Huge Game in my backyard, 12 acres of bunkers and bunnyrabbits. Preregistration 30 bucks, at the door 40 bucks". I don't know Joe Schmoe, I don't trust Joe Schmoe.

If Younblood, John Boy, Terror Management, etc put on a game, and I can commit to it - I'm far more likely to preregister, and far more likely to be forgiving when shit happens. Like others have said, I've put on games, I know that all too often, game promoters are stripping their food budget in order to pay for event items, and sometimes there just isn't enough money to secure the venue/pay for props etc, and if not enough people pre-register, it just can't happen.
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Team: N/A
Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby CommieHunter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:43 pm

I'll pre-register and pre-pay for stuff that comes from a good source.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby LiquidSnak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:41 am

If it comes from a reliable source, I'll pre-pay. If it's significantly cheaper, that is. If it's the same price, I prefer to pay at the door, for some reason. Just me I guess. So, no, I guess game cancellations don't make me LESS likely to prepay :lol:
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Rogue Reaper » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:06 am

I am very displeased with the trend lately of game cacelations.

I have to prepare time 3 weeks in advance to get a weekend day off, It seams everytime I build up enough suck up points at work to request a weekend day off the game gets axed. I had to work my birthday this year because I didn't dare ask my boss to cover my shift because I asked him to cover yet another weekend that I ended up sitting at home pulling my Dik with no game.

To all the promoters. If you cant put it on don't post it up.

I set up Swat Special Olympics about a year ago. Invested ALL the money out of my pocket, Had several guys here to judge and run the course.

No one Showed. Not one person.

I took the brunt of it, I set it up and it failed. I had only like 3 people that said they would come and they didn't show but I still set it up had the judges online and everything was a go. I could have cancelled when another game was posted on the same day as mine but I didn't.

Have back ups and failsafes in place, Go forward with what you said you would even if it costs you out your a$$.

That is my opinion.
I Like My Motorcycles Loud And My Firearms Quiet. ~ Me
Rogue Reaper

Postby Portland Tactical » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:00 pm

Troy,

I agree with you. in a respectful way. This news came way too quick for us to be able to have something to put on in place of it.

If there is anything I can do to raise this event from the dead I will.

For what it is worth, our event is being carefully put together. Which is why we dont have a date yet.

Rest assured when we have a date, all resources will be here, and paid for, and unless the building falls down, we will move ahead.

speaking of which, a teaser trailer will be up very soon.

Cancellations suck hard, but I encourage all promotors to keep pressing forward, you do what you do well, and you will get thru this hurdle.
Portland Tactical
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fluffy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:54 pm

Beran wrote:doesn't matter to me, so long as i get my money back. i understand that shit happens.
I feel the same way. If I get my money back its all good.
"Unless you just spent the last 27 years questing through the planes of reality to find it, there is nothing “epic” about your hamburger." - Kelly Turnbull
Fluffy

Postby FoxyFoxsauce » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:10 am

I have never gotten over how the internet once was 8 years ago. Therefore. I never use These Fancy things you people call Paypall Thus never Pre Pay for Events. Even still Im wary of Online Retailers, but that's why the BBB is around.
This is madness! Madness? THIS IS AIRSOFT!
FoxyFoxsauce
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DMitri » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:14 am

Even still Im wary of Online Retailers, but that's why the BBB is around.

So they can wag their finger at your and deny you a window sticker for your online shop?

Most people visit the BBB after service, not before.
DMitri
Banned
Banned

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion