Proposed vehicle rules for AP

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Postby Matt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:31 pm

I think an IR based system would be useful, and fun. If it were cost effective, it would be worth having.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Brock Vond » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 pm

IR? Sounds ape-ish, expensive and over-tech! (but really cool!)...but Benji's are cheaper!

Just let me slam a paintball round into the Armor to mark it for all to see - Blood Red. Madbull PB 40mm shells for 203s, can shoot paintballs (4), nerfs, foam balls, etc. One manufacturer also make nerf-like foam rockets that have a recessed nosehole that holds a PB round.

So there might be a bias against things "Paintball" in the airsoft community, but against armor and not people, the paintball marker might make sense. After being hit and marked...the APC retreats for repairs...those include washing off or chalk marking the repaired hits before returning to battle.

Please consider this approach with an open mind...makes sense to me...but I'm a Freak!

Brock Vond
"Memento Mori"
Brock Vond
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby DJ » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Too simple and makes too much sense Brock!!!!! I actually like this as I already own 4 of the PB4 shells, pretty cheap to put in 4 paintballs and shoot the evil armor with.......where did you find that picture?
Last edited by DJ on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby Voodoo Man » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 pm

That does make sense, and the co2 system from a paintball marker can be put into a LAW or RPG or some other type of anti-armor weapon if someone wanted to go a lot more milsim with it.
Voodoo Man
Specops
Specops

Team: DRAT

Postby SilentStalker » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Brock Vond wrote:IR? Sounds ape-ish, expensive and over-tech! (but really cool!)...but Benji's are cheaper!

Just let me slam a paintball round into the Armor to mark it for all to see - Blood Red. Madbull PB 40mm shells for 203s, can shoot paintballs (4), nerfs, foam balls, etc. One manufacturer also make nerf-like foam rockets that have a recessed nosehole that holds a PB round.

So there might be a bias against things "Paintball" in the airsoft community, but against armor and not people, the paintball marker might make sense. After being hit and marked...the APC retreats for repairs...those include washing off or chalk marking the repaired hits before returning to battle.

Please consider this approach with an open mind...makes sense to me...but I'm a Freak!

Brock Vond

I think he might be on to something. Paintball markers were first designed to mark trees for logging so using it to "mark" a kill on a vehicle by an admin might be a good use of a marker.

I think this is defiantly something to think about.
just my .2

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity

- Robert E. Lee
SilentStalker
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Brock Vond » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Hey!

RAP4 just developed the RAP4 GOLF PB round with dry powder and dimpled golf-ball like surface...flys straighter, farther than Paint loads...easy ti clean than fluid...check them out!

I like the low-mess option (Got out of paintball because of the mess and limited ballistics)

BV
"Memento Mori"
Brock Vond
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Wombat Six » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Using paintballs or another "marking round" seems like a neat idea. Would certainly be pretty obvious to the outside. My concern would be the vehicle occupants and their ability to notice it. Of course, a paintball round makes a pretty loud "thud" against anything metal or wood, so I think you'd figure it out.

Wouldn't be hard to fit in a tube or something to make it look like a LAW or AT-4.

I want a shell for my truck so it looks like an APC, but that's just me. Or is it?

DJ, let me see what I can work out on your idea. I'll PM you once I've got something figured. You're not the only person interested.
Ludere Causa Ludendi
Wombat Six
Specops
Specops

Postby Brock Vond » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Hey Folks,

Here is the link to the RAP GOLF PB Rounds...check the video out.
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/rap4-golf-paintball-powder-version-p-8579.html

BV
"Memento Mori"
Brock Vond
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mini-Marine » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:59 pm

My only concern is if you miss the vehicle and hit an occupant with it instead.

but all in all using paintball rounds to mark hits on vehicles sounds like a great idea.

I want to build an AT4, but after looking online, a spent AT4 tube costs 300-400 :(
When brute force doesn't solve your problems, you aren't using enough
Mini-Marine

Postby Matt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:59 pm

RAP4 has a lot of cool launchers as well. Bazookas, M203s, M79s, RPGs. However, they can get a little bit expensive.
Matt

Postby Matt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Mini-Marine wrote:My only concern is if you miss the vehicle and hit an occupant with it instead.

but all in all using paintball rounds to mark hits on vehicles sounds like a great idea.

I want to build an AT4, but after looking online, a spent AT4 tube costs 300-400 :(

Vehicle operators and gunners could be required to wear full face protection. Probably not a bad idea anyway, considering how many times they liable to get shot with BBs as well.
Matt

Postby DJ » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 pm

I have seen a pretty good looking LAW made from PVC pipe when I was searching spud guns......see if you can locate it......
Last edited by DJ on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby Mini-Marine » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm not talking about the vehicle operators, I'm talking about a truck that is running as a troop transport.

But having gunners and drivers wear full face protection does seem like a good idea.

My question though, on unarmored vehicles, should impacts on the windscreen be able to kill the driver and other occupants?
When brute force doesn't solve your problems, you aren't using enough
Mini-Marine

Postby DJ » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 pm

maybe 1 color for the first round (vehicle kill) and a second color for the personnel kill (2nd shot) If you look some of the paintball sites, intentionally occluding view ports /windows with paint is a commanly used tactic to flush out the occupants. There are some pretty impressive vehicles on some of those sites . One was a tiger tank, about 3/4 size
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby Brock Vond » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Howz about - If unarmored, I suggest 1 round does it...RPG vs Chevy Blazer....RPG wins! Everyone dies. Allow BB kills on occupants if doorless, pickup or window open and unsceened (dont aim at driver)

If armored, 1 round to disable rig and blows the back hatch...1 more round toasts the occupants! If only 1 round stops Armor - Occupant cannot be shot by bbs until foot hits the ground.

Just suggestions...
"Memento Mori"
Brock Vond
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion