how to get rid of the orange tip

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Postby SCROUNGE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Just in case you want to sell it someday you may need to have the orange tip. You can use black electrical tape so you can take it off later. Also if you don't have a gun case that you use when you travel and you get pulled over, the police are not as worried of what else you may be packing if they see your wepon with the orange tip to let them know it's a toy.
SCROUNGE
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby McNair » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 pm

You only need an orange tip to ship it out of the country. To ship it in country, you don't need an orange tip.

I don't know what cop would just be like, "oh... it has an orange tip! it's cool, then!"
I don't carry my real guns in cases, they sit either in the trunk or in the back of my jeep.

People need to remember it's not illegal to own firearms. The more you act like it, the easier it will be for that to happen.
McNair

Postby Nocte » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:16 pm

mcnair wrote:People need to remember it's not illegal to own firearms. The more you act like it, the easier it will be for that to happen.

Well said.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Raging Hormann » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:54 am

agreed.
For my Glock I sanded down the orange a lot on the front and got a good satin black paint. I then taped the end off and painted it. Then I made sure to get the silicone oil for the gun on it to help it blend with the rest of the slide better. Note that the orange was almost completely off and the metal was lightly scuffed-n-roughed by the sandpaper to give a better painting surface.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby Patrick750 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 am

ok so i'll leave it on or just put on some electrical tape.
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby john boy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:09 am

mcnair wrote:You only need an orange tip to ship it out of the country. To ship it in country, you don't need an orange tip.

I don't know what cop would just be like, "oh... it has an orange tip! it's cool, then!"
I don't carry my real guns in cases, they sit either in the trunk or in the back of my jeep.

People need to remember it's not illegal to own firearms. The more you act like it, the easier it will be for that to happen.
For once he is right.. The orange/red tip is to get it into the US.
If you are an a$$ hat and brandish your replica in public you deserve to be taken out of the gene pool.
To get the flash hider off, I use a propane torch. Heat it up and it comes right off.
As for painting. I clean the Red/Orange paint off with a metal brush disc on a drill press. After all the paint is off, I then heat it up again with the torch and use Dura coat Flat black..
john boy
Specops
Specops

Team: RAC 5

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion