Real Caps vs MidCaps

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Postby shakespeare » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm

As someone who has used both, I recommend the midcaps. MAG brand midcaps are cheap and good. The thing about lowcaps is that they are only 30 rounds, and you lose some if you reload and not all of them feed, and they run out in like 3 seconds on full auto (and thats a slow ROF gun too)
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby k3gn3123512 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:07 pm

HKspecter-A2 wrote:
KingNikan wrote:The color looks too bright of a gray. For my taste at least..

If you are not on a tight budget go for G&P 130rd mags. I still have yet to find a better looking/fitting/feeding midcap mag and they will look great in your magpul setup with next to 0 wobble

I know you have already seen this, I just wanted to emphasize my opinion :D

Oh yeah man i remember that picture. I really like the look of that. We have the same body so it should fit mag wise.
Last edited by k3gn3123512 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k3gn3123512
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Raging Hormann » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:11 pm

That's super hot, Specter.

I personally am looking at the new MAG midcaps right now, due to the fact that they are good capacity, and metal. One reason I prefer midcaps over standard/low is that in Airsoft, you kinda have to replace penetration power with volume of fire. So when it comes to a thicket of bushes, you can lay waste and actually hit someone instead of one shot of Real Steel.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby HKspecter-A2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:10 pm

KingNikan wrote:Oh yeah man i remember that picture. I really like the look of that. We have the same body so it should fit mag wise.

Yup, super snug
HKspecter-A2
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Metal mid caps, because 9 pumps with a speed loader and you have loaded to real cap anyway.
"Not that kind of Doctor"
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shakespeare » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I have heard that the real Magpul PTS Pmags are amazing as well, and so they should be for almost $30 each (which is more than real PMags for the AR-15). But if I understand correctly, they are made the same as the real Pmags, so you could run over one with a truck and it would survive.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby HKspecter-A2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Shakespeare wrote:I have heard that the real Magpul PTS Pmags are amazing as well, and so they should be for almost $30 each (which is more than real PMags for the AR-15). But if I understand correctly, they are made the same as the real Pmags, so you could run over one with a truck and it would survive.

His AEG came with one, he knows
Last edited by HKspecter-A2 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HKspecter-A2
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Android » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Ya, the PTS PMAG's are made of the same material and while I'm not ready to sacrifice one to a car test I love them. Just don't forget to get matching Ranger Plates with them. ;)
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby Haloeclipse » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 am

HKspecter-A2 wrote:
KingNikan wrote:The color looks too bright of a gray. For my taste at least..

If you are not on a tight budget go for G&P 130rd mags. I still have yet to find a better looking/fitting/feeding midcap mag and they will look great in your magpul setup with next to 0 wobble

I know you have already seen this, I just wanted to emphasize my opinion :D

That is a smexy gun! Not to derail the OP's thread, but what are the specs on that?
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am

I know I'm the odd one out here, but I prefer realcaps over midcaps.

It definitely helps with trigger discipline, and my realcaps have survived being kicked, dropped, tossed, and stepped on fairly well. And replacing ones that get lost isn't a huge financial loss.

They are definitely lighter than the real thing, though. And you get a whole lot more pracice doing reloads. And I definitely recommend getting a battery-powered loader if you run a lot of them.

Also, my experience with realcaps (and midcaps, for that matter) is that if you buy in bulk, several of the mags will not work with your AEG due to QC issues. Out of 20 realcaps, 16 of them work with my CA. Out of 12 midcaps, 7 of them woked with my CA. So be prepared to either rework several mags out of a package, or plan on buying spares.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Patrick750 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:39 am

most of my high caps have had problems. i enjoy mid caps (for field at least). real caps are also good for the enhanced realism but you can only have so many rounds. like 30 rounds per magazine, on avergae you can carry about 6 magazines. 180 rounds. about 1 mid cap
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby HKspecter-A2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Haloeclipse wrote:That is a smexy gun! Not to derail the OP's thread, but what are the specs on that?

G&P/Magpul MOE base
Magpul UBR stock
G&P Aim replica
G&P 130rd midcap
HKspecter-A2
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shakespeare » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Shakespeare wrote:
I have heard that the real Magpul PTS Pmags are amazing as well, and so they should be for almost $30 each (which is more than real PMags for the AR-15). But if I understand correctly, they are made the same as the real Pmags, so you could run over one with a truck and it would survive.

Last edited by HKspecter-A2 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Haloeclipse wrote:
That is a smexy gun! Not to derail the OP's thread, but what are the specs on that?

G&P/Magpul MOE base
Magpul UBR stock
G&P Aim replica
G&P 130rd midcap

HKSpecter, you yourself stated that he knows about the PTS Pmags because his came with one, and later stated that it was a G&P Pmag. Different brands, different deals. Just a thought.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby k3gn3123512 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Shakespeare wrote:
Shakespeare wrote:

Last edited by HKspecter-A2 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Haloeclipse wrote:

G&P/Magpul MOE base
Magpul UBR stock
G&P Aim replica
G&P 130rd midcap

HKSpecter, you yourself stated that he knows about the PTS Pmags because his came with one, and later stated that it was a G&P Pmag. Different brands, different deals. Just a thought.

I don't understand what you mean. My gun came with a PTS PMAG, that is correct.
k3gn3123512
Ranger
Ranger

Postby shakespeare » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Ah, my apologies, I was confused. HKSpecter said it was a G&P Pmag in his post on the specs, so I wanted to clarify.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion