Sling help at SniperZden

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Postby JustinK » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Oh yeah! Sorry man, my apologies, totally missed it. Hopefully we'll find each other, that would be fantastic.

Oh... ok... I think. Kinda makes sense. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated!
Jeff Cooper's Second Rule of Gun Handling Safety -- "Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy"
What am I using? An RPG?
JustinK
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby John_234 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

airsoft750 wrote:
Nasty wrote:
airsoft750 wrote:i'm a lefty. well i'm a righty but shoot lefty, and i find it easier to just not use slings. with a sling it says, "airsoft750 with a gun", with out a sling it says, "airsoft750 and a gun."

...what?

i know, my logic is complex, i don't want to explain it, to much for you to remember at one time. any ways you need to modify your rifle to get the sling to go on the left. i don't like slings. besides it only stresses your arms when your running around with it. when your shooting people will naturally rest it against there knee or whatever is there.

I understood your quote as, "with a three point, the gun is tied to me," and "with a standard sling, I can remove the gun whenever." Which does make sense, to an extent.

But stressing your arms when you use the rifle? The weapon is generally in low ready or tucked close the body when you're moving, not exactly high muscle activity. No more than firing it normally, at least. Unless you're the type of nutter that fires from the knee, but then again...

/tangent

Lefties really have an advantage with rifles like the AK and M14. Everything is operated by the right hand. Though, are you sure the sling you bought was designed to be used left handed?

JAE-100 is hot.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby JustinK » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 am

Though, are you sure the sling you bought was designed to be used left handed?

There's my problem. I'm not sure. Which is yet another reason why I need help. I just didn't think about it when I bought it. Stupid I know. And, if it doesn't work left handed, I just won't use a sling. Easy fix. :)
Jeff Cooper's Second Rule of Gun Handling Safety -- "Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy"
What am I using? An RPG?
JustinK
Grunt
Grunt

Postby John_234 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Well, worst come to worst, you can use it a a basic two-point sling.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby JustinK » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 pm

I may have to see if I can figure that out. Good idea.

Oh, someone can lock this now. I think I got what I need, thanks everyone!
What am I using? An RPG?
JustinK
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion