Airsoft Pacific's Reputation

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Postby Nocte » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:28 am

Sleepy wrote:My suggestion? Improve yourself. If the grammar natzees seem to be hitting you harder than others, perhaps its time to improve your syntactical abilities. It's made a world of difference for me.

The other thing: Learn to not take shit so seriously. I've had a recent realignment of mentality, owing to a very poor choice, that's made me realize that this is the Internet. None of it means anything. Nic told folks he was going to light me on fire at FW3. I told him I was looking forward to it.

In short, if everyone can just calm the f**k down, we should be okay.

How the shazaam did you have a shorter post than me? I'm embarrassed.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:29 am

Big_Red wrote:
Sleepy wrote:Nic told folks he was going to light me on fire at FW3. I told him I was looking forward to it.

Lol, good times!

Yes, its very clear to tell when its sarcasm, Its fun, and i enjoy it too, but most this shit is way out of hand.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Team: N/A

Postby Nocte » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:30 am

cap n pickles wrote:So please, tell me what i am missing from your super cool educations, because i will not miss it.

Well, apparently, grammar and spelling.

Sob story aside, you're taking this way too seriously.
Last edited by Nocte on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Nocte

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 am

Bigfoot, We had firefox, and had to stop using it, as it was freezing our computer up every so often. Got rid of it, nothing has happened since.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Sleepy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 am

cap n pickles wrote:
Big_Red wrote:
Sleepy wrote:Nic told folks he was going to light me on fire at FW3. I told him I was looking forward to it.

Lol, good times!

Yes, its very clear to tell when its sarcasm, Its fun, and i enjoy it too, but most this shit is way out of hand.

This is Nic and I we're talking about here. I asked him a question at Iron Anvil, and he Scorn-Glared me half to death. He wasn't joking about setting me on fire.

Nocte wrote:How the f**k did you have a shorter post than me? I'm embarrassed.

Well, I'm somewhat of a bullshitter myself, but occasionally I like to see a professional at work.
Last edited by Sleepy on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Re: Airsoft Pacific's Reputation

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 am

cap n pickles wrote:The Grammer nazi shit needs to stop. Yes i have grammer issue's and those have been stated on more than 15 occasions (just a wild guess).

Really, Its retarded and not mature at all to constantly bug someone due to spelling errors or other things. The fact Is, I tend to be sloppy on my spelling. Im trying to catch my mistakes, but most the time I post Im In a hurry, or Im just typing faster than god. It is something I need to work on, and keep working on. But the fact is you can read It, you know what Im saying. Spelling is meant to get points across during a discussion.

Now, AP's rep: I talk to a lot of people about my intrest in airsoft, I got a friend to come out and try It, and he loved It, I told him to go here and post an intro and look around. There Is plenty of Info on guns, and gear. Upcoming games and all the sorts. I tell almost everyone who takes intrest in this sorta stuff to come here and take a look.
But when a friend says to me that the Grammer nazi attack is very off putting and makes AP seem like its a bunch of dicks running around with dictionarys, i question AP in general on how they take in the new players or even the veterans. When it makes you feel like you dont want to get on, thats the breaking point on how much of this stupid bullshit needs to go.

I will no longer be pointing people who take intrest in this sport to Airsoft Pacific. I find Airsoft Pacific, with some regulars and a even some of the mods very disrespectfull towards individuals or groups. We all have our differences, and taste in gear, but it is no reason to hate on, flame on, or beat on someone because of that. It is imature, and very rude.

So I will not be sending people to this website anymore. Its disgusting.

I will be talking to some people in person about these issues, over the course of FW3 and OP:B. I am a man about these kind of things, and pefer talking about this stuff in person, than on the phone or here.

I enjoy the games ive been to so far, and meeting people in person is great fun, but the forums are swelling with used tampons.

lolololololol jk butt srlys U pRolLy Don no wateets lik 2 haff 2 reed an undestand wat dey we're seying.

It's shit like that they makes us go bonkers. People do type like that on here and because of this there are some loose trigger fingers. In the mean time, download and use Firefox. It pointed out all your errors to me with neat-oh red lines.

EDIT: Don't delete my post DAMN YOU! ;)
Bigfoot

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 am

Seriously?!

Oh and Kabar for the record airsoftpacific is not #1 in the world
"Not that kind of Doctor"
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MitchD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:40 am

I think AP has a great reputation. Just don't be douche nozzle, then you will not have to worry about tampons....
MitchD
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Tombstone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 am

Are you saying that at 19, you are exactly the kind of person you want to be for the rest of your life?
No desire for self improvement at all?

That's pretty depressing.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:43 am

cap n pickles wrote:Bigfoot, We had firefox, and had to stop using it, as it was freezing our computer up every so often. Got rid of it, nothing has happened since.

http://www.iespell.com/

Seriously, If you don't take the time to even remotely try to present yourself and your ideas in a light that is even remotely educated then why would we ever consider your opinions and ideas worth merit?
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 am

I agree to an extent that the grammar Nazi stuff is annoying. I can tell when somebody has a stick up their a$$ and they really have no reason to correct somebody else, other than the fact that they got their rocks off by being right about something for once. These are sad pitiful excuses for human beings who really have no other joy in life. If you take away their ability to correct your grammar, what do they have? Think about that next time somebody corrects you and laugh. That's an asshole for you, the world is full of them. By shielding you from them, I'm not helping you at all. The best thing you can do for yourself is not give a shit what they think.

People are rude in person too. Not everybody is going to get along all the time, that's just the way it is. I want people on Airsoft Pacific to be able to talk about stuff - because while we all play Airsoft or participate in it somehow - we also do other things like work jobs, play music, play video games, make art, join the military, have relationships, etc. If we're supposed to be friends, well then we should be able to talk to our friends about the stuff we are doing without some holier than thou asshole telling us we can't. Some forums have THAT reputation, and I don't want that.

Like Nic said, it's a tough love community. We do the best we can to make sure topics are concise, informative, and they STAY on topic... While still allowing people their freedoms. In that sense, you are not a customer, and you are not always right. It's a community of people, it changes every day, every time somebody logs on and creates an account we have somebody new to make it unique.

The best I can do is say that we'll continue to clean up threads as often as we can, but we will also insist that people do their best to communicate well and mind their spelling so we can understand what they are asking for. But we will not respond to ultimatums, and we will not give preferential treatment.
Matt

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:49 am

The point is tomb and Dr.

I am happy with what i have, and have provided myself with. My spelling isntt good. Sorry.

I dont think my ideas and opinions are worth any intake, but if people like what i do, then they can do the same. Im not trying to live up to anyones standards(except my teams mates and comrades, thats a different story).

Thus, i live my own life, and im completely happy with what i have done, and can do with it.
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 am

@Matt

I understand on the preferential treatment, and respect it. The only thing im asking for, is to lay off the grammer nazi stuff. And if i have to talk to everysingle one of you guys in person about this to get it to stop, i will. Plain and simple.

I loved this site when i found, i have really been browsing these forums for about 3 years i just never made an account until a year and a half ago.
You did a great job with it Matt, and you should be proud, but things like this are just uneccesary to phony pony about, im just defending myself, i believe i have the right, wether its physcal or over my education. it is me.

Thanks for being understanding on this.
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 am

cap n pickles wrote:The point is tomb and Dr.

I am happy with what i have, and have provided myself with. My spelling isntt good. Sorry.

I dont think my ideas and opinions are worth any intake, but if people like what i do, then they can do the same. Im not trying to live up to anyones standards(except my teams mates and comrades, thats a different story).

Thus, i live my own life, and im completely happy with what i have done, and can do with it.

If you dont think that your ideas and opinions are worth any intake.
Then >>> there is the door. you can stop posting and GTFO
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nocte » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Sleepy wrote:
Nocte wrote:How the f**k did you have a shorter post than me? I'm embarrassed.

Well, I'm somewhat of a bullshitter myself, but occasionally I like to see a professional at work.

ZING!
ImageImage
Nocte

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion