Big 5, becoming a DECENT airsoft retailer?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Big 5, becoming a DECENT airsoft retailer?

Postby Octose » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Was at my close-to-home Big 5 today buying some Tennis Balls. I went over to the gun section because you know, who doesnt :D And look at what I found! I found 2 Proline "CLASSIC ARMY" AEG's, Including the M4a1 and the Mp5. Over the fast few years Big 5 has expanded their AEG market, from thompson, shitty aftermaths to now, Classic Armies? Anyone else think it will keep expanding?
Octose
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby midnight_commander » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 pm

They might keep expanding, but I'm certain that their prices will remain upwards of 150% of what they are online.
midnight_commander
Specops
Specops

Postby Variable » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Lame. Ready availability to the masses will only make this game die quicker.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Cap n pickles » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah the Big5 has the same down here.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Patterson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:52 pm

I work at Big 5 and don't expect their airsoft arsenal to expand any more than what it is now.
"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."
Patterson
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Patrick750 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Variable wrote:Lame. Ready availability to the masses will only make this game die quicker.

i agree. only the dedicated people who research into it should play, not people who see it and say "look a gun" and buy one
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby Cap n pickles » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:59 pm

airsoft750 wrote:
Variable wrote:Lame. Ready availability to the masses will only make this game die quicker.

i agree. only the dedicated people who research into it should play, not people who see it and say "look a gun" and buy one

Almost everyone on here got into airsoft for this reason, springers, crappy rifle springers, LPEG, and crap CO2 pistol.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Patterson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:01 pm

cap n pickles wrote:
airsoft750 wrote:

Almost everyone on here got into airsoft for this reason, springers, crappy rifle springers, LPEG, and crap CO2 pistol.

Not Airsoft 750. He was born a hard charger. ;)
"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."
Patterson
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Duniway » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:50 pm

i was looking at my big 5 ad i get in the paper and it said gameface by classic army does CA go by another name? i wouldnt think so
"You will eat the meat folks, because this country was founded on two things. Meat, and war. You eat enough bleeding meat, you wanna kill somebody."
Duniway
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BentleyCntlGT » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Airsoft guns have been readily available for years. Also, you should encourage this. If they get rid of crap, and stock more expensive, high quality stuff, kids that want to buy a gun will have to think a little harder about spending that much more money on a toy.
BentleyCntlGT
Specops
Specops

Postby Th0r » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Found this on a description of Game Face guns

"Game Face AEGs bring high end airsoft guns to the market with a low end price. Unlike most high end brands of airsoft guns Game Face contracts Classic Army to manufacturer there airsoft guns in huge quantities and then bundles them with batteries and chargers and brings them to you, the consumer, at some of the best prices we have ever seen. Shooting stock at 320fps with a .20 gram BB Game Face AEGs are reliable and durable while still being upgradeable with all Tokyo Marui compatible parts. Next time you go out airsofting, bring your Game Face!"
Th0r
Ranger
Ranger

Team: MTF 141

Postby Junto » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:37 pm

BentleyCntlGT wrote:

Airsoft guns have been readily available for years. Also, you should encourage this. If they get rid of crap, and stock more expensive, high quality stuff, kids that want to buy a gun will have to think a little harder about spending that much more money on a toy.
Hopefully, this.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby HKspecter-A2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Th0r wrote:Found this on a description of Game Face guns

"Game Face AEGs bring high end airsoft guns to the market with a low end price. Unlike most high end brands of airsoft guns Game Face contracts Classic Army to manufacturer there airsoft guns in huge quantities and then bundles them with batteries and chargers and brings them to you, the consumer, at some of the best prices we have ever seen. Shooting stock at 320fps with a .20 gram BB Game Face AEGs are reliable and durable while still being upgradeable with all Tokyo Marui compatible parts. Next time you go out airsofting, bring your Game Face!"

Sounds like a recipe for QC issues
HKspecter-A2
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raging Hormann » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Same idea as "firepower" and Palco stuff.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby Charlie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 pm

I heard this a while back and recently at a big game, but didn't crossman acquire CA? I'm not completely sure, but if they did, then this sounds like a name crossman might be using to sell crap airsoft guns to an un-aware consumer. But again, I can't confirm that Crossman ever acquired CA.
BLACK AFO/RO
Charlie 1-1/BLACK 1-3
Charlie
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Community General Discussion