Big 5, becoming a DECENT airsoft retailer?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Postby Junto » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

CA is a Chinese company. I'm not sure Crossman would have an easy time trying to acquire a Chinese company, as they tend to be clusterfucks of insanity.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Naked Snake » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:32 pm

For what it's worth, I think it's not such a bad thing. On one hand, there may be kids in jeans running around in back yards with CA replicas, which seems wrong to us. But is it really bad? Or are we just jealous because our first guns were $20 Big5 spring Desert Eagles. I know mine was. On the flip side, it will hopefully get more people into the sport and with their new weaponry they may find a hunger for bigger better games.
"What are they going to do? SHOOT US?!"
Naked Snake
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby G36 FTW » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Proline? As in metal? I've seen a few plastic CAs in Big5, but never a full metal one- and I had just assumed they were the sportline type.

And it's fun to mess with Big5 employees who know nada about airsoft guns.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby Precisional » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Are they actually the CA AEG's?
All the big 5's around here, carry "GameFace" which is basically a "rebranded CA" by crosman.
Or aftermath, and other shitty brands.

I wanted to get into airsoft, but didn't know where to go, so I checked big5, saw these big ol "GameFace" AEG's for ridiculous prices, and thought, well these look pretty good, I'll take one.

I bought the MP5 model, $219 and thought it was pretty sick at first. Seemed pretty good plastic body, and the ROF was decent, FPS was okay, and was somewhat accurate.

But couldn't find any spare mags for it anywhere, and it didn't appear supported much for upgrades. So when the trigger mechanism started jamming, after just a day of use, I took it back, but they didn't have anything else decent at the time, so I just traded it for the M4a1 model. It had a top rail at least, and I figured I could throw a red dot on it, and the mag looked standard enough I could probably find an aftermarket one.
So I bought a barska 30mm red dot, went to put it on the cheap rail, and found the rail was too thin to support it. It was pretty much just for looks. None of the spare mags I could find, were compatible with it either. So when the magazine jammed completely on my 4th reload, to this day I have no clue what exactly happened inside it. The super-cheap 30 round plastic mag apparently didn't function well, or last long. So I took it back, got my money back, went online and did some research.

First I looked up their website, to see the reviews other people were saying, http://gamefaceairsoft.crosman.com/armory.php and noticed.. it's crosman junk.

Then did some research of some good retailers, and came across ASGI and Evike. I bought my p90 from ASGI, and pretty much the rest of my loadout from Evike, except my BDU's.

Frankly, I don't think Big5 will ever become a decent airsoft retailer, they only house what looks good to the random ignorant shopper that walks in.

I'd say stay away from Big5 for your airsoft needs. Online, or local trusted airsoft retailers would be the way to go.
Precisional
Grunt
Grunt

Postby LiquidSnak » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Big 5, becoming a DECENT airsoft retailer?

No.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Raging Hormann » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 am

Game Face Website wrote:GF15A4
Gain the tactical advantage by arming your troops with the professional-grade Game Faceâ„¢ GF15A4 Airsoft AEG. The finely detailed GF15A4 has the authentic look and feel of a formidable government-issue military sub-machine carbine. Squeeze the trigger and the 140-shot, high-capacity magazine reliably cycles the ammo as the metal gear box action blasts out rounds at over 310fps. Capable of a rapid rate of fire at 800 rounds per minute in full-auto mode, the GF15A4 lays down suppressed fire that keeps enemy troops in the trenches and delivers a recognizable, but safe, pain penalty. Whether in close quarter skirmishes or field gaming, the semi-auto mode means no enemy is safe.

Manufactured by Classic Army of Hong Kong, the GF15A4 is outfitted with a telescoping five-position butt-stock, adjustable hop up system (for extended range shooting), removable carrying handle, sling attachments, full or semi-auto mode selector, high precision metal gear box, high torque/high speed motor, and a Ni-MH battery and charger. Removing the carrying handle exposes the accessory rail for mounting a laser, flashlight or other tactical equipment combinations.

Lead your squad to undeniable victory and order yours today!

This I just find entertaining.
that paragraph wrote:the GF15A4 lays down suppressed fire that keeps enemy troops in the trenches and delivers a recognizable, but safe, pain penalty. Whether in close quarter skirmishes or field gaming, the semi-auto mode means no enemy is safe.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby Blackbriar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:20 pm

lol, I've seen those gameface AEG's and they look like they're just low end AEG's with the price jacked way up.
Blackbriar
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Martin. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 pm

They're just the sportline models, not the high end prolines
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby Raging Hormann » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

If it comes in clear I have my doubts as to whether or not it's actually a sportline.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby PrivatePyle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Well if they are expanding it will only bring more unruly kids into the sport, if they dont research themselves then the sport doesnt mean as much and they will not be as fun to play with.
PrivatePyle
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Bad Karma » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Big_Red wrote:If it comes in clear I have my doubts as to whether or not it's actually a sportline.

I know when Well was commissioned by Crossman to make a version of the MP7 for Big 5 they produced them in clear. Well never sold clear MP7s under their own name, but the rebranded ones (Aftermath) came in clear. The same may be true for the Sportline AEGs.
Biggest Postwhore 2009
Author of the Best Post of 2009
XO of the Best Team of 2009
Bad Karma

Team: SOTA

Postby JD_Shadow1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:14 pm

well if you play in Canada you need to have a clear receiver so yeah, its really nothing new.
JD_Shadow1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Patrick750 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:45 pm

that paragraph wrote:the GF15A4 lays down suppressed fire that keeps enemy troops in the trenches and delivers a recognizable, but safe, pain penalty. Whether in close quarter skirmishes or field gaming, the semi-auto mode means no enemy is safe.

super lipo and fast trigger fingers not included
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby Switch » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm

I say, Burn all Big 5's to the ground. Burn them all Muahaha......
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:19 am

Switch wrote:I say, Burn all Big 5's to the ground. Burn them all Muahaha......

But that will take away one of my options for shoes. I need more than just one place to buy size 17 sneakers. So, burn wal-mart instead.
Bigfoot

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion