Bend Oregon airsoft

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: Bend Oregon airsoft

Postby karak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:09 pm

I will. Right now I am trying to discuss actually playing on my families land with others instead of the actual http://www.biaktrainingcenter.com/. Simply because we know the ground, no fees, no worries.

My families land is about 9 acres with scrubbrush and a large 400-500 yard forest in the center. But I am not sure about getting others(not family) to play without presenting legal issues. I am checking into that now(waivers and such). We will FOR SURE be playing. And I would love for you all to come so I will get it on the calender when I figure it out.
The thing is many of my group 12-14 play for fun. Small skirmishes and some fast rules and just go out on the honor system with a good deal of trust in the group. Hopefully if I do get something together we can get a like minded group together and shoot each other in the face:)
I am excited.
karak
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:15 pm

GP about the liability issues. I dunno if land is treated differently, but you'd absolutely be responsible for an accident if it happened inside the house.

If you can't get a waiver written strongly enough, an umbrella insurance policy might be reasonably cheap and we could all chip in for it.
Johnny Mnemonic
Grunt
Grunt

Postby karak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Johnny Mnemonic wrote:GP about the liability issues. I dunno if land is treated differently, but you'd absolutely be responsible for an accident if it happened inside the house.

If you can't get a waiver written strongly enough, an umbrella insurance policy might be reasonably cheap and we could all chip in for it.

Thanks for the info! That's excellent data and I will check into it right away. I am excited to get some others into the game with us!
I am assuming other people have played randomly on family land so I am assuming there is something easy enough to take care of and set up.
karak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby speedycrab12 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:56 am

So I'm coming back to bend for about a month in june and was hoping we could organize a game sometime around then. I've been playing up in the palouse for the past year and up in spokane and it would be great to get a few games in this summer!
speedycrab12
Recruit
Recruit

Postby karak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:58 am

speedycrab12 wrote:So I'm coming back to bend for about a month in june and was hoping we could organize a game sometime around then. I've been playing up in the palouse for the past year and up in spokane and it would be great to get a few games in this summer!

I would be interested. July 4th weekend we are testing out a privately owned area and I will report back how that went as well.
karak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Riuk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

i live in bend and am always down to play! :D
Riuk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby speedycrab12 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Lets get a game together. You know anybody else in the area that would be
?
speedycrab12
Recruit
Recruit

Postby karak » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

So on the weekend after the 4th we grabbed 18 people from Eugene/Corvallis and played on my brothers 20 some acres in Lapine to test the local flora and fauna and see if us valley goers could handle it. A couple family in the local area played as well

Played about 11 hours friday and about 9 on saturday. Had an amazing time. He has 2 areas set aside with 1 being a large 2 acre fenced area. This was more of a test to see if his land would work out for a large group without planning something and then being unhappy.

The only real problem I could see facing his area being used is he rents the land and home from a owner who is fine with family and friends. I am investigating how he would be with others.
Timing. Getting people from the valley is hard, people cancel and so forth and he has to cancel other plans(busy guy) if we use the area. I am working with him.

Stay tuned. It turned out to be an amazing place to play.
karak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Major » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:52 pm

I have 3 weeks of paid time off starting the 19th of this month and I have only lived in the La Pine area for a year.
Blackjack1337@yahoo.com
Major
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Reaver » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:06 pm

If you guys get a good network going I wouldn't mind taking a vacation next summer back to bend....and a tall pint of silver moon sounds delicious right now. China hat is a great area, too bad they closed wind cave, although further out there is that area with the submerged cave (atleast the last time I was out there). Silver moon, airsoft, and swimming at lava island falls, I hope you get a big game going :D
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Mr. G » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 pm

We're trying to connect as many people in Central Oregon as possible. The list keeps growing.

We can announce any event in Central Oregon for anyone from small backyard games to larger events.

Check out http://highdesertairsoft.com/ and sign up on the email list to be notified of events.

We will host some events, but our main goal is to connect Central Oregon Airsofters and promote ANY events for anyone hosting an event.
Mr. G
Grunt
Grunt

Postby NoahRobb » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi, my name is Noah and was in the situation that you are in now. I asked a few of my friends and someone told me about bendairsoft.net
They've just started hosting events and their getting a pretty good crowd. They rent out guns, masks, and other gear, and if your looking for a full days worth of airsoft with a lot of people I recommend going there. Also, check out their website for more information.
NoahRobb
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:12 pm

I wanted to resurrect this old thread!

I just learned of http://www.bendairsoft.net/ from the Bend Bulletin. They've been playing all winter since about August 2014, and have just recently had their 14th event with 50 attendees. They play approx twice a month right off of China Hat road; next event is 29 March 2015.

I didn't see the update to this thread when the same infos were posted in August, so I thought I'd make a new attempt!

Also, a new indoor airsoft arena is opening in Bend:

http://www.bendbulletin.com/exports/new ... soft-arena

warehouse space probably off of SE Wilson. It looks like Bend Airsoft is becoming a thing, and I hope to see you all there!
Johnny Mnemonic
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion