Bend Oregon airsoft

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Bend Oregon airsoft

Postby JTL » Wed May 18, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm looking for people to get some skirmishes going around Bend, but I dont know anyone around here and all I ever see are paintballers.

I want to play/train as often possible, with people of any skill level. I have a KWA M16BR, an ASR sniper rifle, some spring pistols, and tons of ESS goggles and masks if anyone needs to borrow anything.

Email or call if you want to play, or if you know where people usually play around Bend.

jt
541 788 5448
JTL
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Payback » Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

I talked with a good friend of mine who lives in lapine, and runs a paintball team, he said he's not heard of a big airsoft group in the bend area yet, but that's from a paintballler :)
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby JTL » Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm

yeah, I dont know whats going on around here in Bend, I see no one doing airsoft. Ive been looking on forums and craigslist and everywhere, emailed a few people that claim to be players in the area....no replies.

Ive been looking at some likely spots like China Hat Road, and I see a ton of paintballers around, but no airsoft. One group of paintballers said I could play with them with my airsoft gun, but I figured they wouldnt like being totally outgunned and destroyed by my KWA (475 fps, 11.1 lipo) so I declined. Next time Ill take them up on it, maybe get some to defect over to airsoft....
JTL
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Payback » Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 pm

At 475 fps i wouldn't want to play with you either :) AP safety limits are 400fps for auto's.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Sleepy » Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 pm

There's pretty much just me. And I haven't really played in a long time. I've got an M14 sitting around that I need to fix up and get running, and get some mags for. Other than that, there's a few people that are interested, a few kids that don't play any more, and that's pretty much it.

Regrettably, there's not really a lot of support for local games, since most of the paintball fields around here want 80+ people to "make it worth their while". Catch 22 there. Can't get people because the fields won't cooperate. People won't sign up for to go to a game where the field owner won't play ball.

Got your e-mail, wasn't sure I could trust it since it showed up in my SPAM folder. Hit me up on FB if you got it.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby JTL » Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm

At 475 fps i wouldn't want to play with you either AP safety limits are 400fps for auto's.

The people I usually play with prefer high velocity for as realistic an experience as possible...the whole idea is training and fun, and with hot guns like that you are on your toes at all times, no room for error, if you know what I mean. Its just more fun and exciting all around. We use safety kills for close range, wear full face masks, etc, and are highly responsible in general, and we never have any problems. Anyone who's worried about it or thinks I have an unfair advantage can use my gun and Ill use a spring pistol...
JTL
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Darius137 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:46 pm

rbm33 wrote:At 475 fps i wouldn't want to play with you either :) AP safety limits are 400fps for auto's.

400fps is an arbitrary number.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby JTL » Wed May 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Sleepy: all we have to do is get a little networking going with the local guys that you mentioned, we dont need any paintball fields or anything like that. We can just go to China Hat or any of those places, use bio ammo, and we're good.

And I'm serious about letting people use my KWA against me...I'm not one of those guys who always has to have the best gun out there and dominate everyone all the time...I like trading off and going up against that gun, I like the challenge. besides, if I weren't able to take the heat, it wouldn't be fair for me to dish it out.

So let me know how to find you on Facebook, if thats what you were talking about, or just give my email and number to the players you know around here and lets get a network going...
JTL
Grunt
Grunt

Postby JTL » Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Darius137 wrote: 400fps is an arbitrary number.....

Thats exactly right, thats just the number that's been burned into peoples thinking as the 'safe' velocity, so everyone instantly freaks out when you go above that.

Truth is, 475 is a great velocity, as its noticeably faster getting to the target than 400, which means much more fun and realism (you cant dodge them as much, more accuracy and range, etc), but its still quite safe. You just have to watch your engagement distances, use semi auto up close, watch headshots, etc...in short, you have to be that much more responsible.

I think people pose the 400 limit because its hard to get the majority of people to act responsibly....as with so many other sports, the goofballs ruin it for the rest of us.
JTL
Grunt
Grunt

Postby code789 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 am

JTL wrote: One group of paintballers said I could play with them with my airsoft gun

i wouldn't even try, i've heard if the paint ball hits the gun and goes into the gear box if something on the gun isnt broken already your gonna be spending quiet some time wiping everything down
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

I'm in Bend too!

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Sun May 29, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm starting my first summer in Bend, and was just starting to look for games this season. I've played exactly one game in Portland, last year, and I have RL responsibilities so I couldn't be considered a regular; I can at most do one or two games a season.

However, I have a full kit of MultiCam and my own Combat Machine M4 purchased on the strength of the enjoyment from that first game.

If someone with more motivation is putting together a mailing list of "interested" folks in or around Bend, put me on it. At the least, I would consider a carpool to one of the big games on the other side of the mountains.
Johnny Mnemonic
Grunt
Grunt

Postby JTL » Sun May 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Johnny Mnemonic....

Sounds good. Dont worry about your inexperience, its all about fun, training, and getting better. Multicam is outstanding in the desert and woods terrain around here, so you'll have great concealment, and Ive heard good things about those Combat Machines so you'll be right up there in firepower once you get it dialed in, which I or some of the other guys that are supposedly hiding out around here can help you with.

As far as someone with motivation, I'm used to playing every chance I get, sometimes several times per week, after work and on off days. Anyone who wants to play can email me at fygor at hotmail or text me at 541 788 5448, whether its for a seriously planned skirmish or just some pickup action. If we can get a few people thats great, but Ill play 1 on 1 if thats all there is.

"Sleepy" said he wants to play, but I emailed him and got no response, not sure if hes serious or not. In any case, the word is officially out: people are playing in Bend now, as often as possible...come join us...
JTL
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sleepy » Mon May 30, 2011 12:12 am

JTL wrote:"Sleepy" said he wants to play, but I emailed him and got no response, not sure if hes serious or not.

Keeps going to my Spam folder. Sorry. Been busy between work and school, and airsoft is pretty far down on my priority list right now.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Nails » Mon May 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey JTL,

Good luck to you. Bend is an amazing place to airsoft, but unfortunately all of the action in Oregon is in the valley... When I played regularly we had 10 guys in Bend who would only play amongst ourselves. We would have to travel over the mountains for the big games.

As for the velocity, we used to have higher velocity guns in Bend as well. The type of terrain in the high desert means a gun with a higher velocity is appropriate. The valley boys get bent out out of shape pretty quick when your BBs fly too fast. It's just too bad their rules govern.
Nails
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Haloeclipse » Tue May 31, 2011 12:01 am

My brother just got a recruiting gig in Bend and was wondering what kind of community there was.

I guess he might be a little disappointed.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Next

Return to Community General Discussion