Jester's How To Guide: Episode III, Is My Gun LiPo Ready?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Jester's How To Guide: Episode III, Is My Gun LiPo Ready?

Postby Jester316 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Welcome to the 3rd installment of Jester's How to Guide. This is not so much a how to, as more of a documentation thread. I've seen many different threads asking if X gun could handle a lipo, or if Y could. While no one can definitively answer that question, my goal with this thread is to help people understand how a lipo can affect a gun.

Today I received a new in box JG M16. This gun is from AirsoftGI, and worked correctly with the supplied 8.4v large type battery. After shooting 10 rounds to verify function, I immediately changed the battery connector on the gun to a Deans connector. This served 2 purposes. 1) My lipo was already wired to deans. 2) The majority of people using lipo batteries are also using deans due to their decreased resistance. I also completely removed the fuse from the gun.

I will be using this gun in it's current configuration (stock with dean connectors and no fuse) until it suffers a catastrophic failure and does not function further. I will document an estimated round count in this thread and any functional abnormalities at the end of each event I attend.

Here is a link to the gun and it's specifications: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2319

Here is the battery I will be using: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=16346

Specs on the battery:
Capacity: 2200mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1v
Discharge: 20C Constant / 25-30C Burst

Here is my Day 1 use report:

Mag used (with approx. round count)
1 120rd Midcap fully loaded with .20g biodegradable bb's.

Gun fired all bb's with 0 stoppages. BB's were fired on both semi and full auto modes. No abnormalities noted in functionality.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Community General Discussion