COMMUNITY WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: COMMUNITY WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:30 am

newboots wrote:Looking at the eBay link I noticed that he had 100% positive reviews which is something I always look at as a "potential consumer" and just flipping through the comments I noticed people saying laws are being broken and scams currently being used so why doesn't someone post negative reviews I know I always read negative reviews and those help with my decisions... I don't use eBay often so if that's not possible please correct me.

These scams were not done over Ebay. He purposefully keeps his eBay at or near 100% feedback so that he can show private buyers that he is "trustworthy". Like Redspoon said, the best scammers are somewhat legitimate so that they can scam people and keep getting away with it. If some Japanese guy had came in and said "This dude scammed me", I wouldn't have believed him. I've known Ryan for quite awhile, and I thought he was trustworthy, so some random Japanese dude probably wouldn't have swayed me. But unfortunately on top of that Japanese dude, he scammed over the course of the last 10 months or so 5 guys that I know personally.

Because these were not done over eBay, the scammed people can not leave negative feedback. Also, Ryan has at least two different eBay accounts.

And Jmonday, you're kinda missing the context behind this. Ryan WAS trustworthy, so Googleing him wouldn't have really helped. Yeah, you can find out he's 17, but honestly when it comes to this that doesn't mean shit. I have a friend who started buying and reselling tactical gear when he was 16, made thousands, and is now 20 and running a night vision supply business and is raking in a shit ton of cash. Age doesn't mean much, reputation does. And prior to about 2 or 3 months ago, Ryan had a pretty good reputation. Prior to 6 months ago, he had an impeccable reputation.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:56 am

RedSpo0n wrote:
Your reading comprehension is on par with your sense of morality. Casually skipping over context to serve your own purpose.

You're the 'She deserved it for being out in that short skirt' type aren't you?

This. Thank you.

I'm gonna take the high road and not verbally disembowel a 16 year old over the internet at 4 AM. I'll use kinder words instead.

If we were talking about some guy selling CD's on the sidewalk then it is a buyer beware sort of transaction. But this wasn't the case. The criminal had gone to great lengths to set himself up as a legit seller. If there is no proof that someone is bad business, no warning, no red flag of any kind, then how is it the buyers fault for losing money to them?

I kept it simple so that Jmonday's small brain can wrap around what we are trying to explain. Maybe someday when he is a tax payer with a job and get's completely upsidedown over by someone he trusted with his own money he will understand.
Bigfoot

Team: N/A

Postby Jmonday » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:03 am

Bigfoot wrote:
This. Thank you.

I'm gonna take the high road and not verbally disembowel a 16 year old over the internet at 4 AM. I'll use kinder words instead.

If we were talking about some guy selling CD's on the sidewalk then it is a buyer beware sort of transaction. But this wasn't the case. The criminal had gone to great lengths to set himself up as a legit seller. If there is no proof that someone is bad business, no warning, no red flag of any kind, then how is it the buyers fault for losing money to them?

I kept it simple so that Jmonday's small brain can wrap around what we are trying to explain. Maybe someday when he is a tax payer with a job and get's completely f***ed over by someone he trusted with his own money he will understand.

First off, it's still his fault for doing the "transaction". I also have a "legit" job, I make legal money and pay taxes. But in the end It's his own fault for buying it. It's his fault. And I highly doubt I'll be "F***ed over", because I won't be making crazy transactions(i.e $5000 over Pay-Pal). Besides some of the stuff was illegal for him to be selling. So I have no pity towards the people who got scammed, even knowing that some of the stuff he was selling was illegal. Also, bringing up of a total random "dude selling CD's on the road", has anything to do with it. At-least you know where you can find the CD seller.

This is what makes AP so bad. Everyone's always picking fights. Quite sad, especially shows your maturity level.

I'm done with people like you. Having to argue, because you want the feeling that you're right. But in the end, doesn't make any difference to me. I still sleep at night.

You sound pretty tough. Man, I don't want to mess with you. *shivers* :shock:
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jmonday » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:10 am

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:
newboots wrote:Looking at the eBay link I noticed that he had 100% positive reviews which is something I always look at as a "potential consumer" and just flipping through the comments I noticed people saying laws are being broken and scams currently being used so why doesn't someone post negative reviews I know I always read negative reviews and those help with my decisions... I don't use eBay often so if that's not possible please correct me.

These scams were not done over Ebay. He purposefully keeps his eBay at or near 100% feedback so that he can show private buyers that he is "trustworthy". Like Redspoon said, the best scammers are somewhat legitimate so that they can scam people and keep getting away with it. If some Japanese guy had came in and said "This dude scammed me", I wouldn't have believed him. I've known Ryan for quite awhile, and I thought he was trustworthy, so some random Japanese dude probably wouldn't have swayed me. But unfortunately on top of that Japanese dude, he scammed over the course of the last 10 months or so 5 guys that I know personally.

Because these were not done over eBay, the scammed people can not leave negative feedback. Also, Ryan has at least two different eBay accounts.

And Jmonday, you're kinda missing the context behind this. Ryan WAS trustworthy, so Googleing him wouldn't have really helped. Yeah, you can find out he's 17, but honestly when it comes to this that doesn't mean shit. I have a friend who started buying and reselling tactical gear when he was 16, made thousands, and is now 20 and running a night vision supply business and is raking in a shit ton of cash. Age doesn't mean much, reputation does. And prior to about 2 or 3 months ago, Ryan had a pretty good reputation. Prior to 6 months ago, he had an impeccable reputation.

I know that he "was" a reputable person. But people(i.e Japanese guy, friends) where mad because they got scammed.. And sitting there crying about it isn't gonna change the situation. Not saying that anyone's crying.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:57 am

Whether the victims should have known better or not doesn't make what he did right. The warning here still serves its purpose. Replies saying "omg you are dumb for getting scammed" don't help at all.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Pacman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 am

He's conned someone into letting him use their eBay account because his was burned. It's the same reason some of us let him use our PayPal accounts before we found out he was running a scam. He's ruined quite a few friendships with this stuff aside from just the money taken.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby ogrejager » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 am

Jmonday wrote:I'm done with people like you. Having to argue, because you want the feeling that you're right. But in the end, doesn't make any difference to me. I still sleep at night.

You sound pretty tough. Man, I don't want to mess with you. *shivers* :shock:

My turn. Sorry, I've been busy tuna fishing and haven't had time to deal with AP youngsters.

First, as many people have said, IT IS NOT THE VICTIMS' FAULTS. That, as mentioned above, is like saying, "she deserved to get raped, look at how she's dressed." The person who committed the crime is the one that's at fault. Period.

Second, you're done with people like Bigfoot? Awesome. I hope that means you're done with AP in general. You talk about his maturity, yet yours is...well, questionable.

Third, I'm glad you sleep at night. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. It even fulfills my fantasy, which brings me to:

Finally, if you think Bigfoot sounds tough--man, I can't wait until you're doing that sleeping thing and he comes along and puts his size 17 foot up your a$$.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Aforbit » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 am

wow this Ryan Ruselli guy really pissed off a lot of people... but I can't blame you I would be pissed off if some guy scammed me. Getting scammed sucks and when it's from a friend or sort of friend it's worse. The feeling of being betrayed and losing money is the worst. :(

In the posts I have seen he is being "investigated FBI/Local police" but is there any updates on that?

Is this guy still going out to fields or has he basically gone "underground"?
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:48 pm

ogrejager wrote:I hope that means you're done with AP in general.

Finally, if you think Bigfoot sounds tough--man, I can't wait until you're doing that sleeping thing and he comes along and puts his size 17 foot up your a$$.

+1.

I've been scammed before. It's not a good feeling. I'm betting those who've lost personal property and a little faith in humanity feel $5000 worse, but I'd appreciate it if you would quit blaming people who were stolen from. It seems messed up.

Advice:
It's probably making you less favorable to everyone on here, which would suck if you ever wanted to go to a game or make a deal over the classifieds. Who wants to do business with the guy who thinks it's okay to steal from people who are "too dumb to trust other people?"
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Variable » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Off topic.
I'm locking this until Welshy or someone else involved makes legal or other headway and wants to share.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 am

Just a bit of an update, at this time 3 civil suits have been brought against Ryan and in extension his family, and another one or two are in the process of being filed.

When he realized that people were serious about this, he attempted to trade things like AR15 upper receivers and other firearms in exchange for the cash that he owed people. Interesting considering a.) I didn't think he was old enough to own firearms, and b.) if he had stuff to trade, he has stuff he could have sold over the past 6 months to pay people back.

Ultimately people are going to get their money back, one way or another, and I think he's going to have his nuts nailed to the wall.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Aforbit » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 am

Good to hear Welshy! I am happy that some form of justice is being served to someone who would take advantage of people.

Any idea how much money he/family will be having to pay out in total ?
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Don't have exact dollar figures on hand, but at least $10k, plus legal fees and travel costs for the guys who came up from CA to file the suits.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Aforbit » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 am

Sounds like he might be selling off all his stuff to pay for legal fees.

Have any criminal charges been brought against him ? or is the FBI/ Police still looking in to his dealings?

As a gunsmith and FFL owner I would never buy from a minor with out a parent with them, but in some states if your old enough to own the firearm you can sell it privately. The firearms the laws can be rather tricky when it comes to that kind of stuff. I don't bleave in new or more gun controll, however I will admit there are loop holes. I would look into the Gun Laws in your state because if he sold those illegally that's hard time.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 am

All of "his" guns are actually in his dad's name.

As far as I know, the authorities are still looking in to it, there's a very good chance they'll decide not to follow through will criminal charges for whatever reason, but he's got a lot of civil shit being filed against him.

As far as selling his stuff, he's got a lot of guns (actually his dad's though), he's got a $7k Jeep, and I think he also has a Charger. So he has a lot of stuff he could sell to pay people back, but he's still just stringing them along or outright ignoring them. The guys who got scammed aren't even trying to contact him anymore, they're putting all their effort in to filing civil cases through the local court.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion