COMMUNITY WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: COMMUNITY WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH RYAN RUSELLI

Postby Junto » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:10 pm

It all makes sense now. His parents weren't paying for his fancy toys! :p
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Jmonday » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Sorry to bud in here. But, isn't it their own fault for getting scammed? I mean, come-on a 17 year old selling all this! :roll:
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Pacman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:49 pm

I can verify what Welshy has said is 100% factual. I was dragged into a similar mess involving his fraud and was affected financially. His debt to make things right with me has been satisfied but I cannot let this continue without concurring about the warning. I considered him a friend and was more disappointed than angry when the person I've had over to my house for dinner numerous times was undeniably scamming others. He is in denial and as long as someones willing to believe his game it will continue.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 am

Jmonday wrote:Sorry to bud in here. But, isn't it their own fault for getting scammed? I mean, come-on a 17 year old selling all this! :roll:

Not that you are very much older than the individual in question. But you do know that on the internet you can be as old as you want right? You have heard of the ancient concept of telling a lie? Don't blame victims for believing someone who appeared to be honest.

Also, you're being a jackass.
Bigfoot

Postby Snowman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:53 am

He's posted timestamped pictures of kitbags full of NODs and IR electronics, so it was perfectly reasonable to believe the scam's legitimacy.
top lel
Snowman

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Just a bit of an update. 3 guys are currently pursuing legal action, more will most likely follow suit when they can find a way to get to Portland to file charges in small claims court.

Ryan has claimed that his parents are poor, and he is selling everything and anything to get money to pay back the people he owes. BUT somehow he's still got the money to go to San Francisco.

Interesting he hasn't attempted to defend himself on here, but I'm guessing he thinks if he ignores this it'll all go away. Hopefully he won't be able to dodge 3 or more different law suits.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Russkie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm

From the few interactions I've had with the kid and from what I've heard from friends, I'm not surprised. Hopefully justice is served as this is extremely unacceptable.
Russkie
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Appears he is still selling NODs that he doesn't have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANVIS-9-/171093 ... 27d5f3441c
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Jmonday » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:27 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Jmonday wrote:Sorry to bud in here. But, isn't it their own fault for getting scammed? I mean, come-on a 17 year old selling all this! :roll:

Not that you are very much older than the individual in question. But you do know that on the internet you can be as old as you want right? You have heard of the ancient concept of telling a lie? Don't blame victims for believing someone who appeared to be honest.

Actually it would be their fault. They should have met over Skype or in person. So technically it would be their fault for getting scammed. Age doesn't make much in the world of today.

>Implying that I'm being a "jackass" for stating that it's their fault. That's a good defence. Please, try harder.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby RedSpo0n » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Jmonday wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

Actually it would be their fault. They should have met over Skype or in person. So technically it would be their fault for getting scammed. Age doesn't make much in the world of today.

>Implying that I'm being a "jackass" for stating that it's their fault. That's a good defence. Please, try harder.

NUH-UH! JACKASS TIMES INFINITY! HA HA! I WIN THE INTERNETS!

Seriously though - You've never been lied too and believed it? Cause if you genuinely believe that, you've been lied too a lot more than you think, because your gullible enough to have never noticed.

Every 'good' scam runs with just enough truth to be plausible, and the 'great' ones are not only plausible, but reasonable.

Also, nature of the internet and all - what your saying makes sense - but the wrinkles are still there. Skype meeting + one real item on hand. Send me money I'll send you item. Keep cash, drop of the face of the earth, Start new skype session with new mark. He's actually GOT the item, he can show it to every 'buyer', and still you get boned.

Only trade in person - ok sure. Not unreasonable - but what if the thing you want/need is not local to you. The guy in Japan, for example. Good luck making that face-to-face.

You do what you can to protect yourself - but sometimes someone beats the defenses either by your faults, someone elses faults, or by their sheer persistence.

Don't worry if none of this make sense to you right now, J. Your young still. You'll have time to learn that the guy you didn't see coming is the one that gets you over the barrel - not the ones you were ready for.

Theory and semantics aside, ultimately the guy commiting the crime is still the criminal. I set a bag of cash out on a street corner with a 'do not touch' sign and someone takes it - they're still in the wrong, no matter how poorly I protected my bag of cash. Maaaaybe not legally, I'm not a lawyer and junk. But morally, it wasn't theirs to take.

This guy, scamming people for cash, is wrong - no matter how poorly (or not) his victims protected themselves.
With all the pretty flowers and twigs in your ghillie.. perhaps you should take up gardening?
RedSpo0n
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snowman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm

"I'm 16 and you're a jackass!"

k, yeah, that's it.
top lel
Snowman

Postby Jmonday » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Snowman wrote:"I'm 16 and you're a jackass!"

k, yeah, that's it.

What is that supposed to mean?
Last edited by Jmonday on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jmonday » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:55 pm

RedSpo0n wrote:NUH-UH! JACKASS TIMES INFINITY! HA HA! I WIN THE INTERNETS!

Seriously though - You've never been lied too and believed it? Cause if you genuinely believe that, you've been lied too a lot more than you think, because your gullible enough to have never noticed.

Every 'good' scam runs with just enough truth to be plausible, and the 'great' ones are not only plausible, but reasonable.

Also, nature of the internet and all - what your saying makes sense - but the wrinkles are still there. Skype meeting + one real item on hand. Send me money I'll send you item. Keep cash, drop of the face of the earth, Start new skype session with new mark. He's actually GOT the item, he can show it to every 'buyer', and still you get boned.

Only trade in person - ok sure. Not unreasonable - but what if the thing you want/need is not local to you. The guy in Japan, for example. Good luck making that face-to-face.

You do what you can to protect yourself - but sometimes someone beats the defenses either by your faults, someone elses faults, or by their sheer persistence.

Don't worry if none of this make sense to you right now, J. Your young still. You'll have time to learn that the guy you didn't see coming is the one that gets you over the barrel - not the ones you were ready for.

Theory and semantics aside, ultimately the guy commiting the crime is still the criminal. I set a bag of cash out on a street corner with a 'do not touch' sign and someone takes it - they're still in the wrong, no matter how poorly I protected my bag of cash. Maaaaybe not legally, I'm not a lawyer and junk. But morally, it wasn't theirs to take.

This guy, scamming people for cash, is wrong - no matter how poorly (or not) his victims protected themselves.

I've been lied to all the time, everyone has. What I'm simply saying that, why would you wire $5000 to someone overseas that you have never met before? I'm not by all means trying to be rude about the matter. I'm just simply stating my opinion on the case. I know, that if you wanted it really bad, you would go to hell and back to retrieve it. But, stating what Matt had said, that it would take 5 minutes to Google him and find out about him.

>because your gullible enough to have never noticed.
>Wat.

I "lul'd" pretty hard. Thanks for telling a person that you've never met before that I'm quote, "gullible". :)
Attachments
c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg
c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg (50.45 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby RedSpo0n » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Jmonday wrote:
RedSpo0n wrote:NUH-UH! JACKASS TIMES INFINITY! HA HA! I WIN THE INTERNETS!

Seriously though - You've never been lied too and believed it? Cause if you genuinely believe that, you've been lied too a lot more than you think, because your gullible enough to have never noticed....

*snip*

I've been lied to all the time, everyone has. What I'm simply saying that, why would you wire $5000 to someone overseas that you have never met before? I'm not by all means trying to be rude about the matter. I'm just simply stating my opinion on the case. I know, that if you wanted it really bad, you would go to hell and back to retrieve it. But, stating what Matt had said, that it would take 5 minutes to Google him and find out about him.

>because your gullible enough to have never noticed.
>Wat.

I "lul'd" pretty hard. Thanks for telling a person that you've never met before that I'm quote, "gullible". :)

Your reading comprehension is on par with your sense of morality. Casually skipping over context to serve your own purpose. If the rules and principals of the community your participating in don't suit you - throw them out, yeah? Your the 'She deserved it for being out in that short skirt' type aren't you?

You sick bastard.

Goods/services were promised in exchange for payment. Payment was made, Goods/services were not rendered. Scammer/Thief is Scammer/Thief, regardless of the foolishness of the victims. I'm glad you have the foresight to protect yourself from this kind of scam. That doesn't mean they did - nor does it absolve the scammer. Taking Candy from a baby (and by all accounts, most of the victims were not babies and did a reasonable amount to protect themselves) is still taking candy from a baby. Just because it's easy doesn't mean it's the baby's fault for not holding on tighter.

I really hope you don't ever have to learn how wrong your current view is first-hand - but I would love to read about it in the paper some day.

*insert 'witty' meme with derogatory overtones and questionable relevance that someone else came up with because I'm to busy underage drinking and playing Halo with 'the bros' to be one of the cool kids*

Someone remind me when School starts again?
With all the pretty flowers and twigs in your ghillie.. perhaps you should take up gardening?
RedSpo0n
Soldier
Soldier

Postby newboots » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:21 am

Looking at the eBay link I noticed that he had 100% positive reviews which is something I always look at as a "potential consumer" and just flipping through the comments I noticed people saying laws are being broken and scams currently being used so why doesn't someone post negative reviews I know I always read negative reviews and those help with my decisions... I don't use eBay often so if that's not possible please correct me.
semper cum honore
always with honor
newboots
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion