Is airsoft becoming less popular?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: Is airsoft becoming less popular?

Postby Darius137 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:
Hamster wrote:I say Airsoft hasn't become less popular, but it's beginning to split into the avid every-night FPS community/ MILSIM and impressionist community.

Is it that milsim and joe six pack don't get a long? Like milsim players expect joe blow to along with everything? Obviously I'd never show up to some big name "OP" without reading anything about it. I just want to play airsoft. And I'm not going to take grief from SEAL team A.S.S.H.O.L.E. because they have better stuff. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying I don't want to be playing a casual saturday game and have to fulfill someone else's fantasies about Mother Russia when half the players are wearing jeans. I feel like this is where the divide is.

This is a California thing. Most players on the forum are in the Pacific Northwest. California loves SEALs and has more money for impressions and probably better fields set up.

I'm assuming most of these casual games in California are at airsoft fields ran by a management? You can take this up with the management or the game hosts. If they don't like it, find another casual game source. Money talks.

But this is all talk. Soon Califonia will have to use lasertag. #AirsoftBanned
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Alien_Hunter » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Darius137 wrote:
Alien_Hunter wrote:
Hamster wrote:

But this is all talk. Soon Califonia will have to use lasertag. #AirsoftBanned

Don't even go there :( It's a private field we are allowed to use. I'm grateful to play there, just felt disappointed by the last game. I'm done bitching about it because I can host anytime and be an admin on a different private field.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Hamster » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:44 pm

That quote makes it look like I said that.

lrn2quote

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Hamster wrote:I am bicurious.

lrn2quote

Must have happened then! You are eloquentasfuq.

Also, initially, there were only pick up games. Then OPS started happening, and were spaced out. It was the only game in town, so everyone got excited for them. Then they didn't change and people wanted something new. MILSIM started popping up, and more hosts started making bigger OPS, so the market was flooded.

Basically it's great because there are all sorts of options. You can basically play airsoft every weekend of the month now.

But until people are willing to spend more than $10 on a game, the game content won't improve. Even at $50 a game, game hosts are not making money off the events. You get what you pay for, and what has held down Oregon recently is the unwillingness to attend costlier games. Of course it's a double edged blade, with higher cost games needing to be worth the higher cost.
Darius137

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:Is it that milsim and joe six pack don't get a long? Like milsim players expect joe blow to along with everything? Obviously I'd never show up to some big name "OP" without reading anything about it. I just want to play airsoft. And I'm not going to take grief from SEAL team A.S.S.H.O.L.E. because they have better stuff. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying I don't want to be playing a casual saturday game and have to fulfill someone else's fantasies about Mother Russia when half the players are wearing jeans. I feel like this is where the divide is.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that almost anywhere milsim players are expecting "joe blow" to go along with everything, since the ONE event host in the entire bleeding country that caters more to milsim (MSW) does even really cater entirely to MilSim players, but rather tries to introduce casual players in to the more objective based events.

Sounds like you had one game that rustled your jimmies, and so you're throwing lots of butthurt around. My team (MilSim oriented, very impressionist, lots of expensive gear and guns) have played entire games with lots of kids with JGs and had a blast. If you go to a casual skirmish game and you don't have fun, 9/10 times it's on you. And knowing the dudes you're bitching about, it seems that you've got a chip on your shoulder about something or another.

Disappointed by a game? Tough shit. Get over yourself and have fun, or find a new field. Not like we realistically give a shit. MilSim players are, and always will be, heavily outnumbered in airsoft. MilSim players do not, and never will, dictate the majority of games. So any suggestion that MilSim players, "wannabes", whatever the shazaam you want to call them, are ruining airsoft or making it less popular is just a bunch of whiny shit spewing.

Dan, don't you pick on my Hamster. I'll fite u so hard.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Alien_Hunter » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:
Alien_Hunter wrote:Is it that milsim and joe six pack don't get a long? Like milsim players expect joe blow to along with everything? Obviously I'd never show up to some big name "OP" without reading anything about it. I just want to play airsoft. And I'm not going to take grief from SEAL team A.S.S.H.O.L.E. because they have better stuff. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying I don't want to be playing a casual saturday game and have to fulfill someone else's fantasies about Mother Russia when half the players are wearing jeans. I feel like this is where the divide is.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that almost anywhere milsim players are expecting "joe blow" to go along with everything, since the ONE event host in the entire f***ing country that caters more to milsim (MSW) does even really cater entirely to MilSim players, but rather tries to introduce casual players in to the more objective based events.

Sounds like you had one game that rustled your jimmies, and so you're throwing lots of butthurt around. My team (MilSim oriented, very impressionist, lots of expensive gear and guns) have played entire games with lots of kids with JGs and had a blast. If you go to a casual skirmish game and you don't have fun, 9/10 times it's on you. And knowing the dudes you're bitching about, it seems that you've got a chip on your shoulder about something or another.

Disappointed by a game? Tough shit. Get over yourself and have fun, or find a new field. Not like we realistically give a shit. MilSim players are, and always will be, heavily outnumbered in airsoft. MilSim players do not, and never will, dictate the majority of games. So any suggestion that MilSim players, "wannabes", whatever the f**k you want to call them, are ruining airsoft or making it less popular is just a bunch of whiny shit spewing.

Dan, don't you pick on my Hamster. I'll fite u so hard.

:fu:
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Quite.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Switch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:16 am

Well I would say move to the NW, like how many have already said. There is tons of different game type Airsoft events up here, that range from Mil-Sim to WWII and on. There always seems to be a game just about every weekend. 8)

In fact im going to one today! Ha its late......
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Twigg » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:18 am

for me and many of my friends airsoft was a training ground growing up until we could start getn into the real thing. I was airsofting sens I was 13, spent well over $3,000 on all my gear over the years. I love'd it. Rocked a badass fully modded m249 for the last 4½-5 years,
however. . . As you have noticed people seem to have there reasons for not playing(more or less the low budget player's) so all I have ben seeing is milsim style players. They always have the worst attitude towards other player's, even there own team mate's. Not saying names but I had a 8 man squad on a 40 man team. My squad had comms as well as most of our team. I quickly talked with our team to orgonize channel's so we don't end up killing one another. I tried explaining this to a couple of guys and they said "F off" an admin quickly turned and told me: "they are X navy seal's let them do there own thing." I WAS TEAM LEADER and my seals wouldn't work us? Lol I had a m249 positioned watching the SE where the enemy was hitting hard'st. Not even 40 mins into the game my gunner spots 4-5 guys approching facing NW (at our defensive line) so he kills them all. Turns out it's was our "X navy seal's" dumb asses walked into friendly fire without proper commincation or intell so we can watch for friendly's. They immedtietly approched my gunner mid game on the field and chewed him out, yelling in his face infront of admins and player's alike. No admin stood up to the 6'2" 220pnd asswhole and calmed him down. Had I ben right there I wouldv calmly explained they shoudlv accepted my ofer to comuinacate wit the team. Instead now my friend gave up airsoft because of milsim player's.

so have I. My 40. sig sauer is more fun then all my airsoft guns smashed into one :)
Twigg
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RNDM

Postby tucansam21 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Milsim or casual, I want to play to win. Skirms are fun but I go knowing there is less organization and a less competitive mindset. I like being on the field and knowing I'm playing with guys who want to win too. Mislim generally offers more pertaining to that mindset, but its so damn expensive, and makes it hard to bring new people out. At least for me. I've been playing for 10 years and any size of game is still exciting to me, I just wish I saw more people who want to play hard. I can't wait for the next official AP game lol those have always been a good mix of tactics and numbers. I think we should all just work on making a more tight knit community (circa 2006 AP lol) that this site enables people to do.
tucansam21
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:43 pm

I'd take you guys more seriously if you didn't type like autistic 12 year olds with a poor grasp of written communication.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby Darius137 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 pm

To get larger games more fun, you need to corral the animals. Meaning you have to get competent leadership. Sometimes, that means getting volunteers to lead. Sometimes you are led less than stellar by a new leader, but that is training so they can lead people better the next time around. Leaders are made and refined.

I think the way to get a lot of this miscommunication out of the way is to get game hosts to plan for this, and help leaders lead. Either by free entry as Riddick has done, or even make leadership positions player-admins, like MSW has done.
Darius137

Postby Wolf_Raven » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:I'd take you guys more seriously if you didn't type like autistic 12 year olds with a poor grasp of written communication.

Bahahaha... I'm with this guy.
Ravenous Wolf
Wolf_Raven
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Catch22 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Wolf_Raven wrote:
Welshy McSheeplove wrote:I'd take you guys more seriously if you didn't type like autistic 12 year olds with a poor grasp of written communication.

Bahahaha... I'm with this guy.

I'd take you more serious, if you didn't get dehydrated bangin' sheep all day.
Catch22

Postby Cameron Zombie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:48 pm

CATCH, THE NECRO!
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion