[OP] Red Storm - Lion Claws

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: Red Storm - Lion Claws

Postby CommieHunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:15 pm

For those wondering about FPS rules:

366 FPS with .25g. NO warning zone. Be under or be out of luck.

Semi-Auto Only.

NO SAWs
NO Sniper Rifles

This is all MOUT
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby CommieHunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 pm

This AO is going to be fun. It's complex and close, but it will be intense. This is the CQB facility we have always dreamed of having access to, and now we do.

I hope your red dot is zeroed and your flashlight batteries are charged.

No more ankle breaking than the steep log covered hills of the Cascade range, and no more dangerous than the Crack house, and you know how much fun that was.

Let's make this the event everyone wishes they could have been to. Our battles will be legendary!
CommieHunter

Postby Pacman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Commie, are taking the torch from Dos Santos and doing the actual local "organizing" of this event?
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby CommieHunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:19 pm

I am here and Dos Santos is not, so I am doing some of the work to plan and prep the event.

I really want this to be an AMAZING event for the participants, and I am going to do whatever it takes to pull off a game here at this AO. It's just way to cool for us to be this close and miss out on the site we'd make if we got to draw it.
CommieHunter

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks Adam for putting up some pics. Got super geeked out last night and couldn't sleep cuz of them. If you have more, we'll take em. Sleeps overrated. Just to let everyone know, there are way more people signed up and ready to go than there are people who are adamant about not going. P.S. Wes that makes me sad. I thought Sasquatch were impervious to injury.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby dos_Santos » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:46 am

Bigfoot, would you pay $50 to play there? I kind of find it hard to believe that people wouldn't want to play here, even if it was free. The Cage and the missile silo in were more dangerous than this papermill. The Victorville AO is 10x more dangerous than the papermill hands down. I played at an AMS event at a very similar style AO that was pretty safe unless you are not being situationally aware. But if Sniperz Den, and I love Sniperz Den, is the most intense you will go, that's your perrogative. ;)

Pacman, what's going on! Adam is definitely becomming a great asset, especially since I have had to move. He was available to help coordinate the survey of this site and is working with the guy who will organize the event (who does all the east coast events, so he knows what he is doing). I was hoping to make it up there but the date got changed and I am out of town for work. I hope to make the next MSW event (I was at the last one which was awesome), so if you go to that, hopefully we can hook up.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:29 am

dos_Santos wrote:Bigfoot, would you pay $50 to play there?

I'd be interested in going for that price point. The 200$ mark is where I draw the line.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Chainsaw » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:26 pm

When factoring in that most of us payed $50 to attend OP End of Lies, a $200 price tag does not sound unreasonable. This is a Premium Event that is at a higher price-point. This is not Lords of War CXXXIII.
Last edited by Chainsaw on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chainsaw
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Mithril

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:27 pm

End of lies is a horrible analogy since it was nothing but lies. A 4 fold increase in admission price sounds unreasonable. But I have just as much fun at skirmishes as I do at bigger OPs, so that does skew my view a bit.

Sadly, in the airsoft world, you don't always get what you pay for. I'm interested in seeing what sort of props und such will be put into this game. The price point is still a killer no matter how you cut it, which is the main reason that would prevent my attendance.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Pacman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 pm

That's my concern Jew, at Tradewinds I saw zero props and was very disappointed by the game dynamics. Dos Santos did the best with what he had but in the end it seemed John Lu and crew flew in, told some stories and left the scope of the game for the most part in the hands of local people. They had Phantom Fury doing registration who had to come up with their own supplies to facilitate registration. Even the night game Saturday seemed on the backs of locals, John and his guys were eating dinner next to us while this was supposed to be going on. Not being privy to the inside goings on I can sure say from the outside it was money grab that turned into a cluster f**k with Guardsman hacking and the typical long term firefights with no one to really make the game play flow. Paying top dollar to get a patch, misspelled keychain and a DVD of someone else's airsoft event does not constitute your money's worth. Not to discount anything your doing Commie, I know you'll be doing the best to make this thing work I just hope you don't end up getting the sack of crap if this thing falls flat.
Anyway- Dos was glad and sad to hear you took that job down south. Miss running around the woods with you. Hope things are going great.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:51 pm

dos_Santos wrote:Bigfoot, would you pay $50 to play there? I kind of find it hard to believe that people wouldn't want to play here, even if it was free. The Cage and the missile silo in were more dangerous than this paper mill. The Victorville AO is 10x more dangerous than the paper mill hands down. I played at an AMS event at a very similar style AO that was pretty safe unless you are not being situationally aware. But if Sniperz Den, and I love Sniperz Den, is the most intense you will go, that's your prerogative. ;)

To answer your first question. No, I would not. I know someone who went there first hand and confirmed that the place is a death trap. I'm going to trust his opinion. I've played in dangerous locations before. But those locations had proper velocity limits AND engagement distances. This event will not. Even at $50 a head I would not want to attend, because there is a lack of safety precautions. All my events I host I make safety my number one concern. As a player I hold the promoters to the same standards.

The only Sniperz Den events I attend now are Summer Slaughter because they are hosted by SpecDet1 and I know I can trust them. Those events are also held once a year, and realistically can be hosted at plenty of other venues.
Bigfoot

Postby dos_Santos » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Fair enough Bigfoot, your comfort level is your comfort level and you can not be asked to compromise your stalwart position. But your level of safety is not the same as the others, of which I am one who do not agree. I know Adam and John Lu more than I know, and with JL having executed events for over 13 years, with the utmost concern for safety, forgive me if I trust his and Adam's analysis over your unobserved opinion.

This event will be given a much better attention than I gave TW; props et al take money and money comes from sponsors and players, of which all sources were highly limited, which contributed to lackluster props. TW was my burden to carry, RS will be different.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby DRK » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Is there any tidbit of info that could be mentioned for the night evolution planned? If at all possible.

Thanks.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Variable » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Thread cleaned up. Come on guys, it isn't that hard to avoid one word posts, personal attacks (even against people in other states), and other no-nos.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Cosmos » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 pm

How much was CQC 7? I had fun at that. Pretty sure it wasn't $200. Even if safety concerns are 100% fixed, $200 seems too steep. Eventhough the AO looks awesome I too am a pass unless something super stellar develops including safer conditions.

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
-Carl Sagan
Cosmos
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion