Using a K9 in airsoft

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: Using a K9 in airsoft

Postby ParoJo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:01 pm

You'd be better off teaching a hawk to dump bags of BBs on the enemy team.
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Tombstone » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Mindspeed wrote:Just wondering why my post was deleted? Was it considered flame?

Sorry, you were the unfortunate victim of having to remove a large chunk of the conversation before it became a flame war. Feel free to post what you had posted before.

My 2-cents is that dogs are great for taking promotional pictures of yourself or your team, or for scripted sequences in immersive gameplay where there is no shooting of any kind or interaction between dog and non-actor. But they really, like real fighting knives, foam swords, or tomohawks (Which I love to death in the real world) have no place on the airsoft field.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby ogrejager » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I missed a flame war.

Goddamnit!

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Steve » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Sorry, Ogre. It was all my fault for bringing up the subject of robotic dogs.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby ClownBaby » Thu May 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Just to let everyone know, this Saturday at Tom McCall Waterfront Park between 7am and 12:30 pm is the Doggie Dash. A Benefit for the Oregon Humane Society. There's a walk and run, contests, vendor booths, live music, mimosa garden, and PANCAKES! More info at Doggie Dash .com.

Sorry, no killer cyborg darpa dogs allowed.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby ogrejager » Thu May 08, 2014 2:24 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Just to let everyone know, this Saturday at Tom McCall Waterfront Park between 7am and 12:30 pm is the Doggie Dash. A Benefit for the Oregon Humane Society. There's a walk and run, contests, vendor booths, live music, mimosa garden, and PANCAKES!

I'll pass.

"HSUS is big, rich, and powerful. While most local animal shelters are under-funded and unsung, HSUS has accumulated $195 million in assets and built a recognizable brand by capitalizing on the confusion its very name provokes. This misdirection results in an irony of which most animal lovers are unaware: HSUS raises enough money to finance animal shelters in every single state, with money to spare, yet it doesn’t operate a single one anywhere.

Instead, HSUS spends millions on programs that seek to economically cripple meat and dairy producers; eliminate the use of animals in biomedical research labs; phase out pet breeding, zoos, and circus animal acts; and demonize hunters as crazed lunatics. HSUS spends more than $4 million each year on travel expenses alone, just keeping its multi-national agenda going.

HSUS president Wayne Pacelle described some of his goals in 2004 for The Washington Post: “We will see the end of wild animals in circus acts … [and we’re] phasing out animals used in research. Hunting? I think you will see a steady decline in numbers.” But Pacelle may have more ambitious anti-hunting goals. In 1991, while he was the National Director of the Fund for Animals, Pacelle told the Associated Press: “[I]f we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would."

--http://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/136-humane-society-of-the-united-states/

ogrejager

Postby Shortbu » Thu May 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Aaaaaand there's our college professor. Nice job Rob! I'm a little impressed. Now let's hunt, and fake kill some people!
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Thu May 08, 2014 6:08 pm

We get it, you have a boner for hunting.

Posted this here for people who might wanna take their dogs and do something social. Including you Rob. It's about the dogs, not an agenda. You don't have to give them any money to come and have a good time.

Lighten up.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby ogrejager » Thu May 08, 2014 7:21 pm

ClownBaby wrote:We get it, you have a boner for hunting.

Posted this here for people who might wanna take their dogs and do something social. Including you Rob. It's about the dogs, not an agenda. You don't have to give them any money to come and have a good time.

Lighten up.

It's not about hunting. It's about a misrepresentation of a charity.

I live with--not own--three dogs. We're social all the time. With other dogs, with other people, even with other animals. Hell, there's a wild turkey walking around outside my window right now.

I still won't support the HSUS even if it's something that I don't have to pay money for. If I were to go, I'd be one of the "hundreds of people that came to support the HSUS." I won't be that.

And don't bleeding tell me to lighten up. I can be as heavy as I want to be. Just look at my beer belly for proof.

ogrejager

Postby Jester316 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 pm

ogrejager wrote:
ClownBaby wrote:We get it, you have a boner for hunting.

Lighten up.

It's not about hunting. It's about a misrepresentation of a charity.

I live with--not own--three dogs. We're social all the time. With other dogs, with other people, even with other animals. Hell, there's a wild turkey walking around outside my window right now.

I still won't support the HSUS even if it's something that I don't have to pay money for. If I were to go, I'd be one of the "hundreds of people that came to support the HSUS." I won't be that.

And don't f***ing tell me to lighten up. I can be as heavy as I want to be. Just look at my beer belly for proof.

I was really waiting for the "Hold on a second, there's a wild turkey walking around...*bang*... and there is dinner."

Failed to deliver Ogre... Failed to deliver...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby FishSlapRepublic » Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Reeko wrote:I think the obvious point is PETA will kick your %*% if they find out you want to have dogs being shot at for recreation. Jus sayin. lol

PETA doesn't even want pets to exist. They aren't against just animal abuse or killing and eating them, they are against any animal use and view pets as slaves. That's why the vast majority of the pets they "rescue" are just euthanized.
One mag one kill.
FishSlapRepublic
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ogrejager » Thu May 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Jester316 wrote:"Hold on a second, there's a wild turkey walking around...*bang*... and there is dinner."

Failed to deliver Ogre... Failed to deliver...

I thought about it. He was a legal--young, small--but legal bird. I've already killed two birds this year and it just didn't seem like a sporting way to shoot my last bird. It just didn't seem sporting in general, to be honest. Besides, he's hanging out with the two hens down the road and next year there might be 9 turkeys.

ogrejager

Postby Tombstone » Mon May 12, 2014 9:25 am

Aaaand that is enough of that.
Thank you all for your participation in this thread, but I'm going to go ahead and lock it under "Asked and answered".
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion