Human Body Mod via Airsoft

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Human Body Mod via Airsoft

Postby ClownBaby » Fri May 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Been wanting some ink, but I'm starting to realize the place I want it,(forearm) is where I get hit alot while playing.

So the question is, will getting shot on yer tats mess them up, or is the ink typically deep enough to be there after the "holes" heal?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Re: Human Body Mod via Airsoft

Postby Jmonday » Sat May 31, 2014 1:51 am

Are you planning on playing airsoft right after the tattoo? Because thats going to hurt 10 times more. And could mess with the tattoo, that would be the worst news. Doing a cover-up on scarred tissue.

Tattooing is purposely scarring the tissue to leave the ink in. Getting shot, isn't going to really effect it. But, if skin came off, that was deep enough, it could come off. Even if it did, you'll either have to get it "re-inked" or fixed sooner or later down the road.

Of course, repeated abuse towards the area, like regular skin, will warp. But I doubt your going to sit there and take multiple direct shots.

Just cover it up after you get it. You should be fine. Since a tattoo is just a paint-pigment. Be more worried about the tattoo loosing color, or your skin stretching.

If worse does come to worse, be prepared to come back to the needle. Though, you'll might think twice. :lol:
Last edited by Jmonday on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Shortbu » Sat May 31, 2014 3:48 am

I would wait till winter, when there's a few less games, and you're more apt to wear more clothes.
With the skin being damaged, the last thing you want to do is damage it further. Especially when you've dropped a few hundred on something that's going to be on you forever.
If you took a hit, or scraped it on a bush or something, you could be adding scar tissue to already scared skin. Making a fix to your artwork more difficult(and expensive), or near impossible. Personally I would wait a few weeks till it healed. Why risk damaging something that's on you forever?
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Alacon » Sat May 31, 2014 5:02 am

You should be fine, I did quite a bit after I got my arms done. as long as it's covered you'll be fine from a bb hit.

That being said here are my concerns.

Sweat, while healing sweat can really swell up your scabs quite a bit, I have one on the inside of my elbow and it was rough for a while during the summer.

Infection, This is the big one, and is always there no matter what your doing, again, keep it covered, keep it clean.

that being said you'l find out how your body heals and what will be best after several if you get any more.

Also make sure when you get something on your arm you have good meaning behind it, because trust me everyone will ask.
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Sat May 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Just so you all know, scared and scarred are two different words.

You won't mess up a tat after the initial 3-4 days of healing.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Mindspeed » Sat May 31, 2014 4:32 pm

yep. I would wait until the scabbing starts to fall off. Usually a week or so. After that good to go.
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alacon » Sat May 31, 2014 4:58 pm

ogrejager wrote:Just so you all know, scared and scarred are two different words.

You won't mess up a tat after the initial 3-4 days of healing.

I had to read my entry to see if it was mine, I did find lik 10 other mistakes though.
Alacon
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Community General Discussion