Lets go play Airsoft!Creating large team for weekly games

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Lets go play Airsoft!Creating large team for weekly games

Postby Darman » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi all,

Before i start i would like to lay some back story, i have been a avid fan of Airsoft since the fourth grade. Begging with my first viewings of Airsoft videos and movies from people such as Scouthedoggie. Unfortunately, as i was in the fourth grade, all of my attempts to create a team fell short; as we where all around 9 years old. Many years (and guns purchases) later i still find myself unable to create the teams and games of my dreams, nothing more than backyard plinking and little skirmishes. That is why i finally find myself here ready to do whatever it takes to finally create this dream that i am sure many others must share.

I believe that Oregon does have a strong enough following of Airsoft players and enthusiasts to create the fields and weekly games that i know many people would like. Furthermore, i know that if we can get enough people together it will be possible for us to create weekly games on a large scale basis. Currently, I am emailing fields of all sizes and locations in areas from Portland to Eugene asking what would be necessary to book the fields every week possible so that we can all have good reliable games more often, and consistently. I would like to build a community of Airsofters that allows us to organize these games every other week, and hopefully eventually weekly. As of right now, games in Oregon as a whole are often uncommon and hard to come by, especially for new players. I hope to create a group that allows people to easily get into the sport and find places to play.

As of now, all I would ask of all of you is that I can get an number of you to email me if this all sounds good to you as well. Also,I encourage as many people to spread this message as possible. I will keep a talley below to show how many followers we have. I hope to gather at least 50 people at first to book fields and start playing games.

Please email me if you have questions or recomendations for me(I will personally view and reply to all) at letsgoplayairsoft@gmail.com

Thank you all for your time! Lets get out and play!!
Darman
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Lets go play Airsoft!Creating large team for weekly game

Postby Cyclops » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:57 pm

There are a good number of games out there each month. The problem I see with getting a group of players to play is "Life". We have jobs, girl friends, wives, kids, chores, family just a bunch going on. To do a weekly game is going to be REALLY hard. This time of year there is anywhere from 2 to 4 games a month. Just go try some of the fields out there. Also I see a problem where a good group will not be able to afford to play at various fields weekly. To rent out a place it's going to cost a pretty penny. Then hope that everyone has a car with gas. It's going to be a head ache for ya.
Sry man but I don't see this thing happening. Some of the fields to check out is sniperzden, The swamp, The Farm, Action Acres, Splat Action, R&R and I'm sure there are others. But there is always games going on.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ogrejager » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:14 am

Cyclops wrote:There are a good number of games out there each month. The problem I see with getting a group of players to play is "Life". We have jobs, girl friends, wives, kids, chores, family just a bunch going on. To do a weekly game is going to be REALLY hard. This time of year there is anywhere from 2 to 4 games a month. Just go try some of the fields out there. Also I see a problem where a good group will not be able to afford to play at various fields weekly. To rent out a place it's going to cost a pretty penny. Then hope that everyone has a car with gas. It's going to be a head ache for ya.
Sry man but I don't see this thing happening. Some of the fields to check out is sniperzden, The swamp, The Farm, Action Acres, Splat Action, R&R and I'm sure there are others. But there is always games going on.

Yes, this. Rather than try and recreate the wheel, come join any of the games posted here. Heck, there's TWO next weekend.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Darman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:37 am

alright guys! i had to try at least hahaha! I know that i will be attending as many of the upcoming games as possible, hopefully ill see one of you all there!
Darman
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Shortbu » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:57 am

I agree with both Ogre,and Cyclops. there are many games posted on AP already, and more to come during this summer. there are also quite a few established teams out there, just click on the teams tab here on AP, and you can probably fairly easily find a good bunch of guys to run with from an area near you. As for good games for entry level players, may I suggest Sumer Slaughter,or any of the games at camp R&R. SS is doing a huge raffle, and has a swap meet so you can get some really amazing deals on some used and new gear. Also there is going to be quite a few vendors there with booths set up selling new gear. Games are pretty straight forward, and its a good group that comes out every year. The Swamp is also a good place for guys to get the feet wet in the community. hope to see ya out there.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Community General Discussion