Camo vs Civilians

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Camo vs Civilians

Postby pdxmark » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 pm

From my experiences over the last two years of Airsoft scenario gaming I've come to notice the team division is pretty much 'expensive gear' vs 'poor players'. What I've found in this style of team division is that the "camo" team does not like to get their expensive gear dirty, so they don't play as aggressive as someone who is out in cheap gear and does not care if it gets dirty.

Most my kills have been people who are entirely too over dressed and concerned they might ruin their hard earned gear if they play with an aggressive(speedball paintball) like style. Which is the sole reason I play as a civilian, I come out wearing cheap gear and I go home dirty, with a smile, and a body count.

Last weekends game, people who were wearing more than $500 worth of loadout would not crawl, dive or lay about. Due to this, I was able to crawl up on so many people and shoot them. There was several moments were I would dive to the ground while firing at an opponent, and they would just stand there in their pretty gear and get shot. I was humbled by the opposition giving me props for my aggressive play style, not one player got angry with me because I dove out of their fireline to cover and promptly shot them because they did not dive and possibly ruin their gear...

So please, field owners, keep up these divisions. Shooting over dressed players with no aggressive play style is racking me up the kills!
pdxmark
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Camo vs Civilians

Postby Cameron Zombie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Once you're done jerking yourself off, can you realize that there are dumb players who don't know how to play on both teams?
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby pdxmark » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Such cool terms of endearment...

Understood, there are bad players. Though, last weekends experience was like kicking a dog, it was just not what I'm used to. The amount of people that insisted to play OpFor put the teams at 14-civi/Insurgents v 28-OpFor.

By noon break, OpFor was barely dirty and down in points. The insurgents were very dirty and were up in points by a large margin. If people want to play on their feet only, fine. It's has been like this at most every game I've gone to were people are allowed to pick the team they want to play for. Expensive gear vs cheap gear, and the cheapos keep coming out on top.

The way I play, if I'm worried about destroying my gear in a simulation, than it's not worth buying! Though, by all means, loadout; though, at the end of the game day, I look at peoples gear to see how hard they played, and my opposition is constantly clear of dirty gear, and they are also down in points.

I don't play serious as that will usually lead to anger from your team, I just play aggressive and will shred my cheapo gear in order for the team I'm on, to be on top.
pdxmark
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Shortbu » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Where have you been playing? I don't have any interest in a big "drama" thread, but you seem to be generalizing a fairly large number of people. Calling the groups you play with as "poor" may not be the case either.
I know quite a few pretty good players that just want to shoot fools, and "choose" not to spend a lot of money on gear. I, on the other hand, am pretty much a gear whore. Me, and the guys I run with (also gear whores) have NO problem getting down and dirty. I'm pretty sure you haven't ran into us much, or you might have chosen a different way to describe how awesome you believe you are.
My advice: (take it or leave it) maybe try venturing outside R&R, and put a little more time into the game, before alienating people, and painting a target on your back. I mean really, 6 posts, and 2 of them are in this thread.
PS- not bad mouthing R&R at all, I've actually had a great time at that field every time I've played there.
Last edited by Shortbu on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Payback » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:30 pm

I have never once measured my success in airsoft to how dirty i was compared to the other team. And i don't own anything expensive at all.

At your age you should be careful jumping and diving, you might break a hip.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Shortbu » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Payback wrote:I have never once measured my success in airsoft to how dirty i was compared to the other team. And i don't own anything expensive at all.

At your age you should be careful jumping and diving, you might break a hip.

That's funny, cuz were both older than he is. Maybe we should be careful??? NAW!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ogrejager » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Payback wrote:At your age you should be careful jumping and diving, you might break a hip.

LOL

The OP is a young punk, man. He barely qualifies for an OGRE patch and probably hasn't even played long enough to know what one is.

PDXMark, I don't get dirty because I'm a SAW gunner. I just suppress the enemy so I don't have to lay down. Besides, going prone actually restricts your mobility. Any speedball play should know that! It's a helluva a lot easier to turn around and run away screaming when you're already standing.

And, yeah, like Shortie says, come play with the rest of us some time.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby Cameron Zombie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:33 pm

This could easily just turn into the whole argument that one dude made about "all the guys in MARPAT standing around doing nothing" all over again, eh Shorty?
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Reaver » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm

I rate my personal success on the field by how many people are cussing at me from across the field and how many people are gunning for me by the end of the day.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Shortbu » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Cameron Zombie wrote:This could easily just turn into the whole argument that one dude made about "all the guys in MARPAT standing around doing nothing" all over again, eh Shorty?

Haha, forgot that one! And, yes it could!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shortbu » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:48 pm

Reaver wrote:I rate my personal success on the field by how many people are cussing at me from across the field and how many people are gunning for me by the end of the day.

+1! Sure seems that my old, fat a$$ sure gets cussed at, and targeted a whole lot,(Especially by F.O.A.D.,LOL)
Have no idea how that happens with ALL THAT EXPENSIVE GEAR on???
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Whiplash » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Thinking of selling all my EXPENSIVE ,HIGH SPEED GEAR , I'm finding out I cant dive,run ,or lay about. NOT!!!!! O ya or crawl.
Whiplash
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:33 pm

He's recognizing a trend in modern Airsoft. We used to use specific camo patterns because they helped to conceal us in the woods, now people choose their uniform and accessories based on whatever trend is currently hot with some SF unit. Playing dress up and the theatrics and all that stuff is neat, but what's really important is what works. There's functional, and then there's complete waste of time bullshit.

We had no great war in 2001 when I got into Airsoft, there was nothing to model ourselves after. Desert Storm wasn't really as big in the media. So we looked like 1980s Navy Seals in the jungle, honestly that's more like what we should all be loaded out like to shoot each other here in the Pacific NW. Boonie caps, face paint, M81 woodland, extra mags, water. That's really all you need. The gear was cheap and it was plentiful. With that loadout, you will disappear when you want to, and the enemy will shit a brick when you do appear.

These guys get dirty:

Airsoft today is stand around, look cool, flap your gums, take a few shots at some enemies 150 feet away, then go to Dairy Queen.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Jester316 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Pshaw Matt. You don't know what airsoft today is... You don't come to games or anything!!!

(PS-You should come to move games... :D)

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Cameron Zombie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:31 pm

I use every single thing on my rigs, with the exceptional of CATs (but if there's an arterial bleed, then hot dang!). Whether or not people want to set up their stuff in different ways has no bearing on whether or not they'll go the extra mile while playing.

Just for an example, earlier I had brought up a time when a guy had stated that he saw a bunch of Specderps outside the village standing around and not playing. What he didn't seem to notice was that our entire team, Mehdi Militia, had pushed the EDL or whatever all the way back to their respawn within the first half-hour and Specdet was on the front line that whole time with other players. We didn't want to progress any further, because guess what? Puppyguarding a respawn isn't fun for anyone. Instead of thinking along those lines, the guy insisted that we weren't trying hard enough to justify whatever gear we were wearing.

Bottom line, don't try and say that "x player sucks because of his gear" because that's a close-minded way to think. I've been shot by a clear Crossman shotgun, I've been shot by a VFC 416 and it's the player behind it that actually counts.

TL;DR Generalizing a group of players is dumb. Real dumb.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Community General Discussion