You wanna see something really scary?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

You wanna see something really scary?

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Going to TAC-OPS Halloween night with a few friends. If anyone else would like to join us, there's half off coupons on Portland Perks.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !!!

Party safe.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Re: You wanna see something really scary?

Postby Jmonday » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Wanna see something scarier?

The prices.

All Missions include an M 16, Face Mask & 200 ammunition, missions are approx. 8 minutes long
1 Mission $7.50
3 Missions $17.00
5 Missions $22.00

when I went with some friends to their last years Halloween event, they said that (I used a Groupon last year) that this is something different, and that I had to pay $30 for only 3 hours of action.

Half of my "action" was spent waiting for every other game, as it was too full.

But hell, atleast you get a free patch, or whatever.

I'll end up going later in the night, last year was pretty packed. But I doubt that you'll be able to use those Portland Perks things. Unless they've got more organized over the year.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Riddick » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Wow, I about shit myself when I saw those prices, thanks for scaring me
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Yes, the half off coupons do work. They get you half off admission.

As far as Halloween stuff, they're doing some zombie thing Saturday night. Not half off pricing.

Bottom line. I could sit at home cuz we all know it's going to be raining, go to a bar or a house party, or shoot children!

Now which do you think I'm going to pick?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jmonday » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Yes, the half off coupons do work. They get you half off admission.

As far as Halloween stuff, they're doing some zombie thing Saturday night. Not half off pricing.

Bottom line. I could sit at home cuz we all know it's going to be raining, go to a bar or a house party, or shoot children!

Now which do you think I'm going to pick?

They had a Zombie Shoot on a Fri night, around 9-11pm or something like that. We had a shitton of Groupons left over from the Christmas sale, we played all day until the Zombie Shoot started, they said that it's a separate event, and that Groupons where NOT allowed to be used.

We where NOT the only group that had brought in Groupons expecting to get half off the entrance fee for the "Zombie Shoot", and I had to drop another $100 for everyone to be able to participate. Which was bullshit as they didn't state on the website that they don't count.

More than 3 groups on turned down that brought them in.

I probably guarantee that they'll turn any promos for the Zombie Shoot on Saturday night.

But I'd go get drunk, atleast it'll be cheaper to get wasted than going to Tac-Ops. Unless you like hurting little kids. Because they'll be a huge truck full of 'em.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 pm

:roll:

They've been running ads on the radio for months promoting "Friday night fights" which is a half off coupon.
I don't need to go over it again?

Sorry you had a crappy experience a year ago. Do you know how many times I've got the wrong food order in say the last month? Or how many parts or other crap I've had to return lately?

The customers always right, it's up to you call businesses on their shit. Not us, a year later. It's a major buzzkill.

And as far as shooting kids, (by the way that's code for playing airsoft) it's definitely better than getting drunk, and much cheaper than my shrink bill.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:14 pm

There must not be very good money in running these arenas. Players complain about $35 for 3 hours including a rental gun and ammo? You would pay $25-30 for an OP event (rental equipment would be extra) and most players poop out after 3 hours and go back to their car to drink Gatorade and eat MREs. You do realize they have to pay for electricity, rent, insurance, taxes, employees, advertising, equipment maintenance and replacement, ammo, credit card processing, internet and telephone. Even if their employees are minimum wage, their margins must suck.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 pm

I think one of the best things about it is you don't have to drive an hour and waste gas. $$$
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Community General Discussion