? on hits and blind firing.

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

? on hits and blind firing.

Postby Cyclops » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Lets say your at a tree during a game of course and it splits off in several directions from one stock. You see a guy but your gun is in another part of the tree (next branch or stock over) is this blind firing? Kind of a grey area in my book because you do see the guy (not down your stock maybe 6 inches away from your gun). Whats your thoughts on this? Had a team mate tell me he was doing this and a player got after him for blind firing.
Next question if your out playing and your hiding behind a tree and the only thing sticking out is your dump pouch. Your dump pouch gets hit Not from the back but from the side which if the dump pouch wasn't there you wouldn't have gotten hit. Again another team mate with questions and I'm not 100% sure on either of these issues.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Re: ? on hits and blind firing.

Postby ogrejager » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:47 pm

You're not blind firing if you can see your target.

Your gear gets hit, you're out. Don't wear so much gear. Bottom line, it's a game--those are the rules.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jewish Ninja » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 pm

ogrejager wrote:You're not blind firing if you can see your target.

Your gear gets hit, you're out. Don't wear so much gear. Bottom line, it's a game--those are the rules.

This. Blind firing means firing your gun when you can't see where the BBs are going. Site picture has nothing to do with it.

Gear hits always count. If someone has a massive 3 day pack on, and they prone out. You nail the pack and they are dead. Otherwise people would roll around with as much gear on as possible to act as a bullet shield.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Cyclops » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks guys.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:23 am

Some kid asked me why he couldn't blind fire while defending a structure by himself?

I explained that at any point enemies could come up and cover along side of that building and he could potentially shoot them in the face, point blank, within inches.

You have to stay situationally aware at all times, and try and predict where the enemies are around you, so that you don't cap someone you like in the face. Unless you just don't give a shit.

Also some places count ricochet hits, and gun hits. At Splat it's two.

Do you guys count those at The Swamp?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:27 am

At the swamp no we don't count the gun hits nor the ricochet hits. What I do if they do hit my gun is that I yell out you just hit my gun or something like that so they know I'm not hit. Ricochets happen often but that's because of all the buildings and bunkers around you. You can feel the difference with that and being hit. If it did count my sniper could get a lot more hit counts.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:44 pm

A hit, is a hit, is a hit.

If somebody shoots your gun, twice, your gun is then "inoperable" at which time you either, go to your secondary weapon, or barrow a primary/secondary from someone around you, or walk your a$$ back to spawn and wait.

If someone shot (with their real gun) a real steel gun that you were holding, particularly a rifle, it is going to mess up your day real bad.
Best case scenario, you'd be outta the fight for a few minutes while you assess you/your weapon systems damage. (that would definitely be longer than our typical spawn time.)
Worst case scenario your dead. (then you have a really long spawn time, maybe?) I've seen injuries from people's weapons gettin hit, it ain't good. Usually it ends up with head, neck, chest, inner arm injuries, which are all bleeders. (or just lethal on the spot)
Shrapnel is shrapnel. More of our guys/gals are pulled outta the fight from shrapnel injuries than anything else.

As far as ricochet hits: If you get tapped by a few rounds ricocheting off of a bunker, don't worry about it, but keep track of it, if they build up, call yourself out. If a ton of them come through the window and hit a wall and bounce off and kill you you're out. This being said, I've heard other hosts tell people not to use this as a tactic ie spraying a bunch of BB's into a room and trying to get them to ricochet onto your target. Yeah don't do that.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:04 pm

True for the most part. But honestly at like 95% of the games we have gone to hits to the gun don't count on various fields. So why change something when most are already familiar with it. As for ricochet to be honest it would be hard to keep track. Plus there is already a growing number of guys that don't call their hits anyways. I'm a VARY honest player and I would have trouble trying to keep track. Last thing I would want to do is change rules that most of us are already using. If other hosts decide to change then yes I could see us changing it as well.
As for the players that don't call their hits I would LOVE to see the admins with a side arm and every once in awhile shoot a player and see if they call it. IF they do then admin would tell him to stay and play. IF he doesn't then admin walks over and tell him that he just shot him and he didn't call it. If it happens a couple of times then the player is just kicked off the field with no refund. We need to work on the players that aren't so honest and make them play honorable. Warning the players that admins will be doing this should make the game run smoothly and honorable.
In the real world the enemy also tries to look like the opposing side to blend in. Were not allowed to so why have certain rules that don't apply to everything else.
This is just my two cents tho. I know there are other players that disagree but were just trying to make it less confusing from playing in one field and the next.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nark » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:16 pm

ClownBaby wrote:A hit, is a hit, is a hit.
As far as ricochet hits: If you get tapped by a few rounds ricocheting off of a bunker, don't worry about it, but keep track of it, if they build up, call yourself out. If a ton of them come through the window and hit a wall and bounce off and kill you you're out. This being said, I've heard other hosts tell people not to use this as a tactic ie spraying a bunch of BB's into a room and trying to get them to ricochet onto your target. Yeah don't do that.

I've never been at a game where ricochet hits count. Not indoor or out. What game were you at ClownBaby where they had this rule?
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Gun hits don't count. Ricochets don't count. Gear hits count (if it's on your body and gets hit, you're hit). Blind firing is when you can't see where your gun is pointed as you shoot (which very well could mean you can see where the bb's are going, but can't see where the muzzle is pointed).

I know both instances this thread is referring to (I was part of the gear hit one). The blind firing instance was in fact blind firing. The gear hit, was in fact a true hit (I am the one who shot him with my bolt). Don't want to get shot in the gear? Don't wear stuff that sticks out. Dump pouches are unnecessary. Drop your mags in your cargo pocket.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby ogrejager » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Cyclops wrote:As for the players that don't call their hits I would LOVE to see the admins with a side arm and every once in awhile shoot a player and see if they call it.

This is, and always has been, a terrible idea in my opinion. You are distracting the player from their game. Admins ADMIN, they don't shoot people.

I dumped a whole mag on an "admin" one time when he shot at me--at me, didn't even hit me. If you're admin and shoot me with a pistol, expect--if you're lucky--to only be looking down my barrel as I realize what happened. Then, depending...well, it might get worse.

Wait. I did have an admin shoot me once. I looked at him, he said something like "are ya gonna call that?" I said something along the lines of "Piss off" and went back to my game.

When was the last time you saw an NFL ref tackle a player in the middle of a play?

ogrejager

Postby Cyclops » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Wasn't it last year your team hosted a game at sniperzden which did this to us? You guys even went to a couple of our players and said "Wrath of god has stuck you and your now dead". I asked your team that was hosting the game about this and it was because they weren't moving. It was disappointing at the time because neither side new that this was going to happen. If we did know then I would have had my guys more active in the city and not hold down one section of it while we worked the other side. Not sure if you were at that game tho. Yes I got sniped from about 80ft away with a sniper from the hosts and the reason was because I was sniping and running the front line. Told me to hang back with my gun and go back to respond.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Catch22 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:24 pm

I'm good with admin 'God Gunning/ Honor checking." I'm also fine with admins doing what they need to, to make the game more dynamic, or to get people to move.
Catch22

Postby ogrejager » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Cyclops wrote:Wasn't it last year your team hosted a game at sniperzden which did this to us?

I apologize for the confusion. I was speaking as an individual. I've voiced my opinion on the matter with my teammates. I am a minority. But a vocal one!

I'm an ex tournament paintball player. The idea of an admin doing anything by enforcing the rules is foreign to me.

ogrejager

Postby Payback » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Gun hits in a larger field like sniperzden i don't like. But smaller places that are more cqb like action acres, i prefer gun hits. It helps keep people moving and not burying themselves in a tree with just a gun sticking out. Same with shooting out windows of buildings. Hard to get a hit on a guy in a 2x2 window with his gun blocking half of it.

Ricochet hits are bs. I use these to my advantage at action acres. Many small rooms surrounding large rooms, you bounce a few shots off a wall and it keeps their heads down, they still sting too. But they stay active playing. A ricochet hit is too easy to achieve, and too difficult to confirm. Way to easy not to call it, and no real way to argue against it. Would cause too many fights.

Honor checking a player is fine also if it's called for. If there is allot of hacking being reported, then look for the hacker and honor check him. But don't do it while they are engaged in a fight, or hiding and waiting, and shooting them will give away their position.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Next

Return to Community General Discussion