What are you looking forward to in 2015?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

What are you looking forward to in 2015?

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:56 am

Simply that. What's got you excited for in the next year?

Could be what games/series are coming, could be new equipment, maybe it has nothing to do with airsoft?

Sound off.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Re: What are you looking forward to in 2015?

Postby Vernichtung » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:21 am

I'm looking forward to any realism events. Hopefully coming from Sniperzden or any other places. I also hope that there will be alot of games this year.
Vernichtung
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby McNair » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:06 am

MSW game in Fresno, California in February.
MSW game Memorial Day weekend.

Hopefully getting my "Mil-Sim Lite" shit going.
McNair

Postby Agent orange. » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:51 am

Going to a event, having fun, and for N. Korea to get nuked. :lol:
A error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 79th

Postby Cyclops » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Trying 3 new fields this year. Working with our team and new comers to the sport (love doing this). Possibly working on a big game and hosting this summer (new field no one has played on yet) with new objectives. Basically getting out and hanging with friends and making new ones.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Chainmail » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:05 pm

-Joining an airsoft team
-Star Wars episode 7
-Star Wars Battlefront 3
-Finishing my sophomore year of college and being considered an engineering student by the faculty at my school
-Lots of awesome music
-Either Iran getting a nuke and Israel sending them to the stone age, or Iran not getting a nuke but Israel nonetheless sending them back to the stone age
-The day our president decides to do something about Iran, ISIS, Syria, and North Korea that is more than a wimpy verbal "condemnation"
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Agent orange. » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Ok forget what I put before, what you put is what I dream of :)
A error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 79th

Postby NakedOcelot » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:00 pm

McNair wrote:Hopefully getting my "Mil-Sim Lite" shit going.

Didn't you have a Milsim lite game at R&R this year? I vaguely remember a game where we divided into different chalks and were "inserted" via "helicopter." That shit was fun.
NakedOcelot
Grunt
Grunt

Postby McNair » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:09 pm

NakedOcelot wrote:

Didn't you have a Milsim lite game at R&R this year? I vaguely remember a game where we divided into different chalks and were "inserted" via "helicopter." That shit was fun.

Yeah, that was something I worked out the night before since there was nothing planned for that weekend.
Basically the same concept, but more organized and some requirements/restrictions.
Mostly a introduction into milsim games like MSW(Milsim West)'s games, but without the strict gear/uniform requirements. get people used to the play style, rules, etc to see if they like it before investing in the kit to attend the larger events.
McNair

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:29 am

Can't wait for mil-sim lite!

All the flavor of regular mil-sim, but it doesn't go straight to my thighs.

And as far as the "let's nuke these guys, and start world war three!"
Not quite what I had in mind for this thread, this was meant to be something positive to help us all get though the rest of winter.

Lighten up dudes
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby NakedOcelot » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:34 pm

McNair wrote:
NakedOcelot wrote:

Yeah, that was something I worked out the night before since there was nothing planned for that weekend.
Basically the same concept, but more organized and some requirements/restrictions.
Mostly a introduction into milsim games like MSW(Milsim West)'s games, but without the strict gear/uniform requirements. get people used to the play style, rules, etc to see if they like it before investing in the kit to attend the larger events.

That's a really good idea. I would be glad to help you if you need any.
NakedOcelot
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Seagreen » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:56 am

Im looking forward to getting back into the community with AIRSOC.

We are gonna do a Conflict Europe style event, followed by a mil-sim/tac-sim program at Rilea, followed by a large scale milsim event.

THEN

TACTICAL SCENARIO ACTOR BASED stuff.

Sooooo, looking forward to '15.

and of course doing a couple track days at PIR with my new R6.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:55 am

Well I started this thread, in the hopes that someone else would write this, but no one did, so here I go.

In 2015, I sincerely hope that we, as a community, can come together, and try to work out our differences. I have only been an official member of AP for about 2 years, before that I just lurked. In the time that I've been on here, and since becoming a real member of this group, I've seen a lot of bullshit, a lot of unnecessary bullshit.
I've also seen a lot of friendships destroyed. I'm not stupid, I know this is part of life, but I think we could all try a little harder.

Even though this game is based on pain, suffering, and death. I also know that about 98% of us are good people, who want to do the right thing, and are just smart enough to do so. It only takes being true to yourself and patients.

*Ah patients, that's something I'll be working on this year, as always.

When somebody pisses you off, just remember.

He's your brother, (yes we're all brothers here, if you don't feel this on some level, maybe this isn't the thing you should be spending your time and money doing) he made a mistake, (which we all do, pretty regularly) and it's probably easier to fix that mistake than it will be to fix all the BS that will arise if shit gets blown up. *and this is the part where I reiterate the part about lost friendships*

You don't have to like everybody, but life is a hell of a lot easier when you work together. I would like to see the infighting stopped, we have a common goal, a common interest that we all derive enjoyment from,(for some of us, sadly, it's one of only a few things we derive true pleasure from) so let's work together this year, and see what it's like. If it doesn't work out, come 2016 we can all go back to hating each other. (No don't do that, cuz by then there might not be anything left!)

Even though I wasn't around in the beginning of this, this Beast, known as AP. I see something pretty special. As an outsider looking in; I look at old pictures, read old posts, watch the early videos. You guys really had something special, I see the joy on your, young, small mustaches faces. It was GOOD, still is! Maybe part of this is my age. As I'm in the "old" bracket, sometimes I sit out on the porch, in my rocking chair, whittling, reflecting on my days as a young man. Thinking about the good times, bad times, you know I've had my share! And this old fart will tell ya one thing. Regrets a phony pony! And nobody wins at the shoulda, woulda, coulda game, nobody.

So, if you still got the spirit, let's see it this year. Catch fire! Then run around hugging everybody. :lol:
You older players need this empire of fun you've all helpt build on to those who still want to play.

If you've lost that fire, your feeling old and grumpy, it's time. Maybe your tired, or you hurt too much, we get it. We're all tired, we all hurt. But is it time to stop, only you know. If you're just mad cuz it's no longer underground, exclusive. Sorry, but it's never gonna be like that again. If that's really why you're not having a good time, move to the middle of nowhere and start your own thing.

On another note, I am very much looking forward to this season, meeting new people and old friends. Also looking forward to ANY large milsim events, preferably at AO's that we have not used before.

The affects of prop 91, even though they won't be felt for awhile, (get it? :D) will be very exciting! Even if you're not into the grass, the potential to help get our school systems financially out of trouble is very hopeful. Coupled with large amounts of funding going to the state police and increases in drug and alcohol treatment and prevention is awesome. With all other legal states reporting big dropoffs in D.U.I.I.s in their first year, I am one very happy camper. Oh, not to mention all the money that won't be spent breaking up families, throwing moms, dads, sons, AND daughters (yes your little princess smokes pot!) in jail.

Thank you.

P.S. If anyone has anything negative to say, either about the airsoft stuff or the weed stuff, unless it's ACTUALLY constructive, it probably will be counterproductive, and you probably will just end up looking like an a$$.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Blackhawk » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what is going to be coming from Airsoc. After talking with those guys, they have a lot of great ideas and are really striving to rebuild the community after the decline its been on over the last few years.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Junto » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:46 pm

I'm looking forward to whatever I have time to attend. Hoping to hit the field much more this year.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Next

Return to Community General Discussion