Lets clean up these classified ads

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Lets clean up these classified ads

Postby Cyclops » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:16 am

So I'm always looking and seeing what's out there. I've got to say man some of you guys are sloppy on your ads! Some of these really needed to be updated.... If it is "SOLD" take it off the list. You have pictures? Up date them every once in awhile. Just clean the ads up guys..................

Also sentimental value means nothing to a buyer! Upgrades you put on a gun or what ever don't expect to get it back. A $60 part you will be lucky if you get $10 for it. Most of us buyers will end up tearing your so called $60 part and put on a different piece. I've had a $900 sniper gun and I had to work on selling it for $300.

Just getting tired of seeing sloppy ads and the WAY over priced items. Don't be one of those guys that say well I start high and you start low and we meet in the middle. You want people to see your add have a decent price to get the eyes on your add.

OK rant over just put more thought on your ad AND your prices.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Re: Lets clean up these classified ads

Postby NakedOcelot » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:23 pm

I think most people are trying to gain a profit on their stuff. I'd be mad if I lost $600 on a rifle it just seems like a waste.
NakedOcelot
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Cyclops » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:43 pm

If you want to gain a profit try looking into the stock market.
It was a learning experience and now I know what I don't like. So I had one built for me again with what I knew I liked and didn't. But if your selling your gun lets say for $400 and have had it for 2 years but want to sell it for $350 that's a little nuts! I've had several guys try to do this. It's like buying a car. Once you drive it off the lot you lose value. Yes this is no car but you still lose value. Yes you may have paid this much for it but if I go to a web site or a different store I'm sure I can get a brand new one for the sellers asking price. I hear at some of the games from other players "Oh I need money". Well sell your stuff at a price that attracts people. Then you hear "I don't want to give it away". Well if you think about it your getting a percentage of the money you spent on the item. Giving it away is just handing it over and getting nothing.
As for the adds you lose me at about the second or third "SOLD" on the add. I wont even look at the rest of the ad. My sniper gun yes I took a hit but I had a good year with it and there is only so many players out there that like the sniper role. But over all I got some cash for my next gun and that is all that counts. Why have an item sit in your closet for 1 to 3 years before selling ti when by that time it's out dated and now worth nothing. My two cents anyways.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Rentax » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:56 pm

It's not uncommon for people to ask 2/3's the cost for used guns, and and 2/3's for upgraded parts, provided you can prove the parts you are selling match the parts you have in the gun, but if it's an upgraded spring or an upgraded standard gear set, then you're shit outta luck, unless your purchaser someone you can trust. Getting money for your product isn't that dificult. Hoever some people expect to get top dollar on upgrades they have done themselves, however they have no clue how to actually upgrade a replica properly. Then they ask a rediculous price because they don't understand the airsoft market in general.
Asking a for a products value -1/3 for a used condition and -1/3 off any upgrade parts isn't unreasonable, so long as the items are in good condition and have not been abused.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:40 pm

It'd be really nice to have a seller rating system too.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Hamster » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:37 pm

The way I like to see things,

Pictures: Make them as pretty (or simple) as possible. Everyone likes looking at nice things, and not grainy or black gun on black bed sheets in the dark (with some of the B/S/T groups I manage, you'd be surprised people do this for some reason)

Organization: Don't make it some gigantic cluster shazaam of letters. Throw the basics out there first, then go into little details. Nobody wants to read an essay of a sale thread, at least I don't.

Over pricing: Yes, some people have a horrible habit of doing this. It's horrendous. However, I see to it that it is none of my business as to how another wants to conduct a sale, and I lump pricing into this. There are cases of collectibles being thrown on sale, and those can have a tendency to hold value. Otherwise, if someone is overselling something, so be it.

Also, "you lose me at about the second or third "SOLD"'. wat?

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:19 pm

I'm happy if they just post a bleeding price.

This, "message me with offers" bullshit is fucktardery.

Also, if an item in the list is sold, remove it from the list. If people can't comprehend that if its in the picture but not listed that means its not available, they're too bleeding stupid to buy anything anyway.
McNair

Postby Riddick » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Also make sure to reply to your messages about your ads. I hate it when people post stuff for sale and they never respond to their messages. It reminds me of craigslist ;-)
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Pacman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:00 pm

NakedOcelot wrote:I think most people are trying to gain a profit on their stuff. I'd be mad if I lost $600 on a rifle it just seems like a waste.
Good luck, once you open the box you'll be lucky to get what you paid unless it's something rare or discontinued that someone absolutely has to have.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Return to Community General Discussion