Loadout

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: Loadout

Postby CarlitoCafe » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:00 am

I just fell in love. solid will you be mine forever?
CarlitoCafe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: N/A

Postby Shortbu » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:36 am

Solid wrote:
Rentax wrote:everyone is an Act of Valor commando cause, we are usually doing Milsim, not LARPsoft.

This guy. If you wanna be another dude toting around an M4 with more attachments and rails then humanly possible to actually use wearing your multicam with plate carrier and be another faceless minion in the sea of everyone's the same super commando operator. And I mean if that's what you want, that's okay man. Granted, this douchebag is part of the problem with airsoft nowadays: If you don't have a kit based off The Hurt Locker, you aren't in with the cool kids. And it's just all kind of fashion show hate from there.

Wear what you want, whats comfortable for you, and most of all what you like to use. Same thing goes with the gun man.

I agree with your last two sentences, but dude really??? Do you even know Rentax? He's not the guy your describing. Dude uses an AEG as a back up to his pistols, wears gear that is practical for how he runs, and is honestly one of the nicest guys on the field. The guy answeres questions on here for just about anybody, and he knows his shit because he's been playing FOREVER.
Maybe know who you're talking about, before jumping to conclusions. SMH
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Solid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 am

Shortbu wrote:
Solid wrote:
Rentax wrote:everyone is an Act of Valor commando cause, we are usually doing Milsim, not LARPsoft.

This guy. If you wanna be another dude toting around an M4 with more attachments and rails then humanly possible to actually use wearing your multicam with plate carrier and be another faceless minion in the sea of everyone's the same super commando operator. And I mean if that's what you want, that's okay man. Granted, this douchebag is part of the problem with airsoft nowadays: If you don't have a kit based off The Hurt Locker, you aren't in with the cool kids. And it's just all kind of fashion show hate from there.

Wear what you want, whats comfortable for you, and most of all what you like to use. Same thing goes with the gun man.

I agree with your last two sentences, but dude really??? Do you even know Rentax? He's not the guy your describing. Dude uses an AEG as a back up to his pistols, wears gear that is practical for how he runs, and is honestly one of the nicest guys on the field. The guy answeres questions on here for just about anybody, and he knows his shit because he's been playing FOREVER.
Maybe know who you're talking about, before jumping to conclusions. SMH

Cool your jets turbo, I know who he is and how he rolls and he's a decent dude and all that magic, I'm not exactly new around here. He just did a perfect job personifying the (in my opinion) negative trend that's really picked up momentum with kit elitism.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Shortbu » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:59 am

Turbo, lol. Shit, I'm a fat guy. Haven't been called Turbo forever, funny saying I know, but made me chuckle. It's all good, just sounded like you were jumping on him personally.
Though I think it's just elitism, and not necessarily about the kit. I wear full kit, and will run with dudes in civies. Don't give a shit, don't look down on people's gear, and lots of people are that way. I've noticed quite the trend of guys wearing civies bashing guys in full kit as well lately. Dudes that look down on others because of their kits(whether high dollar, or cheap) are douchebags anyway. I mean we run around the woods, slinging plastic bb's at each other.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:34 am

Shortbu wrote:Turbo, lol. Shit, I'm a fat guy. Haven't been called Turbo forever, funny saying I know, but made me chuckle. It's all good, just sounded like you were jumping on him personally.
Though I think it's just elitism, and not necessarily about the kit. I wear full kit, and will run with dudes in civies. Don't give a shit, don't look down on people's gear, and lots of people are that way. I've noticed quite the trend of guys wearing civies bashing guys in full kit as well lately. Dudes that look down on others because of their kits(whether high dollar, or cheap) are douchebags anyway. I mean we run around the woods, slinging plastic bb's at each other.

We are all love here <3 That's my point (sorry to derail your thread Ace) but this community seems to has gotten all snobby about their gear and shit way more than back in say 2009-2010, and I'd love to bring it back into a much more accepting community with a broader mindset when it comes to loadouts and such.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Rentax » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 am

Solid wrote:We are all love here <3 That's my point (sorry to derail your thread Ace) but this community seems to has gotten all snobby about their gear and shit way more than back in say 2009-2010, and I'd love to bring it back into a much more accepting community with a broader mindset when it comes to loadouts and such.

2009-2010, you mean the good old days of PLA slinging their APE hate and that same lame a$$ Multicam hate you are trying to sell today? This next quote is from Wed Aug 19, 2009

Solid wrote:
AnTILoGiC wrote:I'll be there for Multicam.

-sniff sniff- is that ape I smell?

Come on man, catch up with the times, catch up with the conversation. This community has ALWAYS been snobby about its gear, this is not a new thing, it's as rampant today as it was in 2009, as it was in 2005 when I joined, as it was in the times before me. It went from woodland, to marpat, to Blue Fancy shirts, to multicam, to AOR1 and AOR2... The newest "elitist" camouflage is always what's in demand and those who have it are considered "elitist." However most of the time they aren't elitist, most of the time they just have the money and people like to talk shit about other people, especially if the shit talking is about people who have the money.

Simply stated a majority of the events hosted come from a military standpoint, and event trends are moving toward more of a Milsim style of game play as well. The fact of the matter is more people want to play with people who look the part because it's built into the events that way, whether that through uniform requirements or if you choose to step up to a full Milsim style event, you may actually have kit requirements, too.

And I'm not saying don't make a Mad Max inspired outfit, I'm not saying LARPsoft isn't a legitimate form of airsoft. I LOVED my poopee (pronounced like toupee) from Manacotti II, I have even attended a few of the Santa War's games and I had a blast at the Second Fallout event hosted by DRAT. There are Zombie games almost every October, and I heard Project Nephilim III was not a game to miss (although I did) LARPsoft is an amazingly great way to spend your time. But LARPsoft and Milsim aren't the same thing, and yes there have been some events that have combined pieces of both, a few Rick games come to mind and the BSP Impression Series had some LARPsoft elements from what I understand, albeit they were in a very controlled environment meaning in order to get into the event they had uniform requirements as well as gear and kit requirements. But events like these have been few and far between as of late. I hope to see more of them in the future. I'd like to see more of ALL types of games, weather it's LARPsoft, general Airsoft, or more serious Milsim.
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 am

Since we're totally derailing, I would like to throw two things out there.

The British parachute regiment have used red berets since 41, along with a few other British units.

And I found a really killer deal today. At Advanced Firearms Training on Division st. in NW Gresham they have new, subdued urban camo BDU's, by Propper for only $25 a set! Wow, right? Lots of sizes.
If you go in and get some, tell Tony you're from the airsoft world. He was very shocked when I told him, on average, what us whores spend on all our Couture.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby McNair » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:22 pm

The whole trying to look like someone in the military and trying to do "milsim" esque stuff in Airsoft has been around since I started 15 years ago. If you look at old pictures you'll see us wearing PASGT vests, helmets, and packing M4s and M16A2s. It hasn't changed for the most part. What happened is you got a new generation of kids who were raised that they're special "snowflakes" and they have to be different and stand out. Thats' fine. There is a place for it.
If you're sad that events are catering more and more to this, go start you own events.
Its the same bitching and attitude as ever. "It should be this way but I'm not going to do anything to help it be that way!"

Airsoft in general is a team "sport". No one gives a shazaam about how you look, but as has been said, they care how you play. You want to get noticed by established players, teams, etc? Play the game with honor, put in your time, people will notice you. Dressing in some silly "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" will get you ignored by most people who actually play more than once a year.
McNair

Postby Rentax » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:33 pm

McNair wrote:The whole trying to look like someone in the military and trying to do "milsim" esque stuff in Airsoft has been around since I started 15 years ago. If you look at old pictures you'll see us wearing PASGT vests, helmets, and packing M4s and M16A2s. It hasn't changed for the most part. What happened is you got a new generation of kids who were raised that they're special "snowflakes" and they have to be different and stand out. Thats' fine. There is a place for it.
If you're sad that events are catering more and more to this, go start you own events.
Its the same bitching and attitude as ever. "It should be this way but I'm not going to do anything to help it be that way!"

Airsoft in general is a team "sport". No one gives a f**k about how you look, but as has been said, they care how you play. You want to get noticed by established players, teams, etc? Play the game with honor, put in your time, people will notice you. Dressing in some silly "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" will get you ignored by most people who actually play more than once a year.

Well Said McNair
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby ogrejager » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:47 pm

McNair wrote: Dressing in some silly "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" will get you ignored by most people who actually play more than once a year.

In fact it may even get you ridiculed, not just ignored. I still chuckle about the guys wearing all black resident evil outfits on 90 degree days.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby Cameron Zombie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:08 pm

ClownBaby wrote:The British parachute regiment have used red berets since 41, along with a few other British units.

Paras =/= SAS, which is what was said.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:34 am

Yep, giving him a starting point in which to base his "look" after.

Personally, Redneck Comic-Nerd has been working for me so far.

If you see a guy in slippers and an Adventure Time t-shirt shooting at you, it's just me.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Attack37 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:59 am

I've always liked my Vietnam style tiger stripe. Although Multicam, in my opinion, is the most versatile any woodland camouflage works for most games. Camouflage is more about how you move and breaking up outlines. Having gear that doesn't rattle like a tin can and that you can move through the brush with really helps. Muscle memory is where you get your bang for the buck. Most engagement occur at ranges of 50-100 feet, so scopes and reflex sights are mostly for look, or trying to spot that well hidden sniper.

I have actually thought of building a team that is just a militia. Normal clothes with weapons. Overall, just get what you like, or what your team is doing to remain uniform and for rapid identification on the field.
Attachments
AIrsoft.jpg
AIrsoft.jpg (114.99 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Attack37
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion