Custom Paint

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Custom Paint

Postby Frin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Okay so I dug through some of the older threads and saw something similar to this, but I have a slightly different question and it seems the community may have grown a bit since 2013.

Is there anyone in this community that does professional level custom paint jobs? It seems that most of what I've seen walking around last weekends expo and looking online appears to have been done quick and to my opinion rather crude. It seems anyone can cover up the vitals of a gun and just spray the crap out of it, but I've seen some stuff that looks sick, and I was wondering if anyone in the community has experience on that level.
Attachments
Custom Paint.jpg
Something like this
Custom Paint.jpg (19.17 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Those who say it can't be done are just getting in the way of the people who are doing it.
Frin
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Custom Paint

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Plenty of people claim to be "professional" painters, but few are.

IMHO, a paint job is something that should be tackled on a personal level since you know EXACTLY what you want it to look like. If you're nervous about messing up your gun, get a cheap springer at a garage sale or Wally world. I practiced on a cheap a$$ LPEG before I painted a gun I cared about.

With the proper prep work of sanding, cleaning and correct masking, you can make a great looking paint job.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Re: Custom Paint

Postby Frin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:04 am

Well that's probably about the best answer I can get haha, but I don't plan on painting any guns any time soon. Flat black with some logos and warnings is good enough for me at this point in time.
Those who say it can't be done are just getting in the way of the people who are doing it.
Frin
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to Community General Discussion