"The Swamp" Work party 2-21-15

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

"The Swamp" Work party 2-21-15

Postby Cyclops » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:11 am

The Swamp

38488 Shady Oak Ln.
Lebanon, Or. 97355
Ph# (541) 409-0511

2-21-15 10am to 3pm

Seeking help for cleaning up field and work towards the expansion of the field. Faster we get this up and going the sooner we can use the expansion.
Work includes:
Sort thru lumber
Carrying lumber to expansion
Tear down and build
Pick up around the field (Branches and stuff)
And any other things that the field owners may need.

Hot dogs and water provided.

This is a good way to help a local field owner and show support for the fields we all play on. There is a game going on at "Camp R&R" and if your not there playing you should see if you can come out and help us build this field up for the up coming airsoft season. The more people we have the more we can get done! Bring gloves and maybe some small basic tools you may think we may need.
If you plan on being there and maybe a few friends as well could you please post on here so we have a ball park of number of guys that will be there so we have a game plan on what needs to be done first and so on. Shrek, Fionia, Walkons, and FOAD would greatly appreciate all the help we can get.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Re: "The Swamp" Work party 2-21-15

Postby Cyclops » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Still looking for some guys / teams.... So far we are at about 25 guys and I'd like to see us double that if we can. Just takes one guy or team to say something on here to get others to step up.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Attack37 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:59 pm

I wish I could help, not just cause Shrek is a friend, but because it is helping to develop another field for teams to practice and events to be held.
Attack37
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Cyclops » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Trying to pull some interest here guys!!!! We could use the help on sorting lumber and getting things ready for the rebuild of the new expansion!!!!! Bring a hammer and work gloves. Be apart of something and help grow this field. The more volunteers we get the fast we can get this field up and going.....
FOAD will be hosting their first game of 2015 on April 25th. My goal is having everything done WAY before then. That way we can make changes as we see fit before our big game! My goal for this game on the 4-25-15 is over 100 players!!!!! Please come and lend a hand. Rather it is an hour or the full 5 hrs it would be great to see some support from other players. So far we have 25 to 30 players and seeking MORE.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shortbu » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:43 pm

I'd love to come help out, but the kids are shooting at a national competition in Arizona. Hanging out with you guys is always fun, but I'm really gonna miss helping build s..t for the field.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Well, think of us when you're wearing shorts. :cry:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby theswamp » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks for all the interest. We are looking at having an urban feel to our new expansion of the field. We acquired a lot of material and need to get organized to make the building process efficient.
theswamp
Soldier
Soldier

Postby FishSlapRepublic » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Planning on being there +1, bringing basic tools.
One mag one kill.
FishSlapRepublic
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:16 am

It would be a real good idea to run waivers for this. Providing a link, for the kiddies.

Boots, gloves AND eyepro! Earpro if you're gonna be running a saw. Sorry, my Dad was a shop teacher, LOL.

If you are new or inexperienced with tools, or building stuff, tell people when you first get there, so command can give you an appropriate job.

Cyclops, you should definitely tap 2-3 people that are going, and you know have first aid skills, and ask them to bring a small trauma kit. ( I don't know how far your field is from a hospital, but that would dictate what level of kit they would wanna bring )

Hope you guys get some great weather for this, have fun, work safe, and don't forget the tunes! ( my pick would be some early Van Halen, or Aerosmith )
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 am

We had a GREAT turn out for the work party !!!! 31 workers !!! Got everything done in 2 hrs. Next part is the building in the open field. Can't wait for this to be done. They say May it should be completed but with all this good weather and one more big work party I think we could be done by April.
Over all "The Swamp" and I would like to say thank you to those that came out and lend a hand. Here is a link to their FB page. You'll see how much lumber and fencing and stuff he has to play with. https://www.facebook.com/Swamp.PB
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby theswamp » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks Team FOAD we got all the lumber broke down and ready to build. Was humbling to see so many of our costumes. airsoft and paintball dig in and help us out. things like theses, really help us keep our cost down to maintain a low cost field for you all to come and enjoy. THANKS SO MUCH!!!
theswamp
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Community General Discussion