Senate bill S213 Look alike weapons safety act.

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Senate bill S213 Look alike weapons safety act.

Postby Payback » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:24 pm

There is a petition going around to stop the federal law on airsoft. Here is a link to the white house petition. Please sign it, takes a few minutes, share it, call them, email them, let them know they shouldn't ban it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... t/dkGRjlPZ

Here is the bill with the language. Not surprising that paintball again is not effected by this. They have better, bigger, and more active lobbyist than airsoft does. Would be nice if they helped, but they don't care, there hobby is safe for now.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s213/text
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Re: Senate bill S213 Look alike weapons safety act.

Postby Payback » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Also, This isn't a california thing. it's every state.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:24 pm

So, does this mean I need to start hoarding airsoft ammo too?

This bill has nothing to do with keeping kids safe from trigger happy lawmen, it does have everything to do with trying to dismantle America's gun culture.

Gotta make it easier for the lizard army.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:02 pm

I get what they are going for but really!! How about we just shoot people who have inappropriately used a gun!!? Heehee :ownage:
Rex
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby ogrejager » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:34 pm

Rex wrote:I get what they are going for but really!! How about we just shoot people who have inappropriately used a gun!!? Heehee :ownage:

No, that's a bad idea. Who defines "inappropriate"? We keep our gun rights as they, please.

I won't worry about a senate bill until it passes. There's hundreds of senate bills that are simply politicians making their home state happy by introducing a new bill.

If it passes either half of congress, then I'll worry.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ogrejager » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:36 pm

ClownBaby wrote:This bill has nothing to do with keeping kids safe from trigger happy lawmen,

What the shazaam does this mean?

ogrejager

Postby Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:41 pm

My comment was all sarcasm, it appears you aren't fluent! :lol:
Rex
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Shortbu » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Oh, make no mistake, Ogre is very fluent in sarcasm. He takes gun issues seriously though, so I was not surprised that he didn't engage the sarcasm.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ogrejager » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Yes, I speak sarcasm. Very well. No, really, really well.

I still don't understand what a "trigger happy lawman" is and how that relates to a bill against replicas.

ogrejager

Postby Pacman » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:23 pm

I'd be interested to hear the reasoning for that statement too. All the years I carried a weapon I had countless occasions I drew down on a suspect but never shot anyone or anything. Now if handcuffing and OC were considered trigger happy I would've had the market cornered. Improper use of a replica comes down to the bearer.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Jester316 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 pm

I've worked with a lot of LEO's and take offense to the previous remark, even if it was meant in satire.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Payback » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Well, sarcasm online should be followed with a :D :shock: :lol: :roll: :fu: :snap: or a simple LOL.

But back on point. Bills get snuck into other bigger bills, and signed without half those jokers knowing what's in them. Better safe than sorry.

Sign the petition.

Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Wow, sorry guys, didn't mean to sound like I was bashing all LE. I was just talking about the "trigger happy" ones, what I should have said was the "jittery, drastically undertrained, noob-like" officers (which also seem to be getting younger on average?) flying solo. (my opinion) At least that's what I've been seeing shooting children lately, with what seems increased frequency. (my opinion)

Even though ClownBaby be crazy, ClownBaby still loves the fuzz, and knows that the majority of LE is good people.

What ClownBaby is not too crazy about is this puckin bill. Not cool. They wanna take away regular BB guns, WTF? None of us have shot our eye out!
F-off, whoever wrote this bill, you should be ashamed of yourself, really.
Word on the street is that the NRA is going to get involved, in an attempt to stop this. If that's true, we should support that anyway we can. Renew your membership, or become a member!

Funny, I thought I'd be fielding lizard man army questions instead. :lol:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Agent orange. » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:25 am

Well bloody hell mates, better light the torches, alert the towns people, and start a riot lol.
So I'm young, read part of that bill, and don't quiet understand that stuff, but from what I see, from the comments you guys have posted, and the little bit I got out of that bill, It's un-American. Meaning what there doing is not right.
I do professional 22 shooting at Dugles ridge in eagle creek, and there I have noticed the joy firearms bring people, the sound, the kick, or just the feel and look, for me it's that I get a sense of safety or just plain out fun. Same thing with airsoft, I it's just a fun game to do, it's like getting your poki mon cards, or your toy guns, rounding up some friends, going in your back yard or forest or anywhere for that matter, saying bang bang your dead or pecachew I choose you! It's just a game, that we the people have created to entertain ourselves with, it's something that brings us together. It makes the day exciting, the adrenaline rush, the sweat on your forehead, the endless questions of "is he behind that wall or around the corner of the next hallway."
All I'm saying is that airsoft is just a fun game we created.

Sorry if I drug that out too much.
A error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 79th

Postby ogrejager » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:19 am

Agent orange. wrote:Well bloody hell mates, better light the torches, alert the towns people, and start a riot lol.
So I'm young, read part of that bill, and don't quiet understand that stuff....

Right. Go back to class. I recommend you spend some time in English class. Maybe even proofread stuff before you submit it. For example, "quite" and "quiet" are different words.

Clownbaby, try googling the rates of police excessive use of force instead of watching America media. You'll find a different picture.

(edit: Side bets can be taken on how long before our "kinder, gentler" admins delete this post)

ogrejager

Next

Return to Community General Discussion