SniperzDen Campsite

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: SniperzDen Campsite

Postby Shortbu » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:33 am

ClownBaby wrote:Yes, just like at a regular campground.

And someone with a club.

So, I get why you not gonna release names, but I'm super curious of what injury could be so bad that you abandon two, ok, one and two-thirds of a gun? LOL

Really love the pic of the guy holding the broken gun, reminds me of the Sad Indian from the 70's!S :lol:

The guy holding the broken gun is Nug, my son. you can tell he was super thrilled at picking after others, lol.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Shortbu » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:50 am

Cyclops wrote:Next year we should have assigned camp site. Each row being a letter and numbers are for the clear area down each row. Might be worth checking into so if there is ANY damage or anything you know who camped there.

I've considered assigned campsites. But honestly, the trash situation this year was better than years past, as a whole. It's always a problem, and all we can do is emphasize how important it is to respect the property, the environment, and the hosts. It takes a TON of work, from people who have jobs and families, to put an event like Summer Slaughter on. Assigning campsites, while I like the idea, simply isn't feasible, IMO. Mapping out, cordoning off the entire area, dealing with getting people to their area, people being forced to park at long distances from their assigned sites, policing that people are in the correct area, people sticking their garbage in others sites that leave early, people being forced to camp next to people they don't know or don't like, etc,etc. We want people to come and have a good time, and not be forced into something because of the actions of a few. I'm not speaking for my entire team, this is just my opinion on the matter.
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby book42 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:52 pm

An opinion: I believe in forgiveness if the party has the courage to be men & accept responsibility for their wrongdoing -- give them until the weekend to come forth with a public apology & discuss the opportunity to pay restitution to Sniperzden & SPECDET as well as those who cleaned up the mess. This can be done with service time, financial compensation, or other creative means of righting the wrong. If not, release identity & ban them accordingly.

This mess is a chance for the PNW airsoft community to demonstrate professionalism. WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE: Please help legitimize the sport by acting like adults as opposed to reinforcing the negative public perception we have to constantly fight.

Well said. And I concur.
If'n you ain't diein'... you ain't tryin'.
book42
Soldier
Soldier

Team: MSG Recon

Postby Jewish Ninja » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Shortbu wrote:
Cyclops wrote:Next year we should have assigned camp site. Each row being a letter and numbers are for the clear area down each row. Might be worth checking into so if there is ANY damage or anything you know who camped there.

I've considered assigned campsites. But honestly, the trash situation this year was better than years past, as a whole. It's always a problem, and all we can do is emphasize how important it is to respect the property, the environment, and the hosts. It takes a TON of work, from people who have jobs and families, to put an event like Summer Slaughter on. Assigning campsites, while I like the idea, simply isn't feasible, IMO. Mapping out, cordoning off the entire area, dealing with getting people to their area, people being forced to park at long distances from their assigned sites, policing that people are in the correct area, people sticking their garbage in others sites that leave early, people being forced to camp next to people they don't know or don't like, etc,etc. We want people to come and have a good time, and not be forced into something because of the actions of a few. I'm not speaking for my entire team, this is just my opinion on the matter.

I agree with Shorty's thoughts on the issue.

I think that next year, we'll walk through the camp areas more often, and ask people that don't have an obvious trash bag where it is/give them one. The trash was much better this year, but we still had to make a dump run. I'm sure I am dreaming in thinking we'll never have to make a dump run, but that's probably not true.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 pm

How about two complementary garbage bags with your paid entry?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Pacman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm

How about someone holding their tool whilst they piss too?

:lol:
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:21 pm

That would be unsanitary.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby SPECDET1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 am

ClownBaby wrote:How about two complementary garbage bags with your paid entry?

It was made clear multiple times from the get go to bring your own trash bags.
SPECDET1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nark » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:18 am

ClownBaby wrote:That would be unsanitary.

not if you're wearing gloves.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shortbu » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:19 am

Pacman wrote:How about someone holding their tool whilst they piss too?

:lol:

rofl,while concurring. Well played Robb!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:45 pm

If they received bags upon payment, then there's no excuse for why they shouldn't be cleaning up their garbage.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:35 pm

ClownBaby wrote:If they received bags upon payment, then there's no excuse for why they shouldn't be cleaning up their garbage.

There was no excuse for them to not clean up now...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby G00SE770 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:20 pm

It's too bad people can't clean up after themselves. I'd be glad to help out on the clean up next year.
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby McNair » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:44 am

Giving out bags doesn't make a difference. Two years ago a group was handed trash bags and still left their shit laying around.

The problem is the new generation of coddled children. THey expect mom is going to come clean up after them. Though, I do remember a few years ago a mother driving up, then emptying trash out of her van and we had to yell at her. Shitbirds.
McNair

Postby Junto » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Shortbu wrote:It takes a TON of work, from people who have jobs and families, to put an event like Summer Slaughter on. Assigning campsites, while I like the idea, simply isn't feasible, IMO. Mapping out, cordoning off the entire area, dealing with getting people to their area, people being forced to park at long distances from their assigned sites, policing that people are in the correct area, people sticking their garbage in others sites that leave early, people being forced to camp next to people they don't know or don't like, etc,etc. We want people to come and have a good time, and not be forced into something because of the actions of a few. I'm not speaking for my entire team, this is just my opinion on the matter.
Yeah, those were my concerns. Game hosting is already a logistical nightmare.
Junto

Team: DRAT

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion