Canadian coming to play

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Canadian coming to play

Postby blackblade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:38 pm

If this thread is wrong section please let me know, not trying to be a pain.\

I am wanting to spend a week or so playing with AP and any fields that are open during the winter, coming from Alberta Canada your winters sound really warm. i have read all i can on traveling between boarders and so on, and from what i have seen your fields and players look amazing. After reviewing the rules and FPS limits on AP forums my guns meet the requirments to be safe.

A few things i really need to know are:

1. are there enough unique feilds to play a new one each day?

2. if i wanted to sell leather items i make to help fund the trip, can i? or is it field owner i need to speak to?

3. Average field fee cost?

4. Possible places i can stay over night in my van. (minivan camping isnt new to me.)

Again if this is wrong section please tell me.
blackblade
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Canadian coming to play

Postby drpepper475 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 pm

hello and welcome to AP. I'm going to attempt to answer your questions.

1. are there enough unique fields to play a new one each day?
-The local outdoor fields in Oregon are as follows: Camp R&R, Action Acres, Sniperzden and The Swamp.
Indoor: Oregon airsoft arena, Extreme velocity
I also host free games near estacada every month or so.
washington outdoor fields: Nitehawk airsoft, pegasus milsim, T.A.A.G.S . theres a field in the gig harbor area too but im not sure if it's still open or what the name is.

2. if i wanted to sell leather items i make to help fund the trip, can i? or is it field owner i need to speak to?
that i'm not sure of.

3. Average field fee cost?
10$-25$ for regular monthly games, 40 to 65$ for larger milsim games.

4. Possible places i can stay over night in my van. (minivan camping isnt new to me.)
technicly you can park anywhere in the portland area as long as you move it every 24 hours. If you don't want to deal with that there are hundreds if not thousands of local and state parks that are affordable.
https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm? ... sp_reserve

hope that helps.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby blackblade » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:19 am

Thank you for answering my questions drpepper! i am really looking forward to coming and playing, the main goal is meet people so when i do another trip i know some players who can build that friendship.
blackblade
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Roze » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 pm

A. Maybe not enough close together to play a different field every day. You will need time to travel between locations. Maybe eat and sleep too. There are events and different things/shops to investigate across the whole state. Given the fact that you're coming from Canada to a country with actual gun rights, and no sales tax expects some culture shock.
B. It's always polite to ask the store, field, etc., BEFORE you plan to set up and sell stuff out front of their establishments. It's just common courtesy.
C. Yes, there are enough KOAs, campgrounds, BLM, National Forests, and so forth that it's really not that hard to "van camp" and still be close enough to any bathrooms, showers, food, gas, whatever you need. I just depend on if you know where to look. I've given you a link to some the generalized regulations you'll need to be aware of while traveling. It's a good idea to observe these rules no matter where in the state you are. Our officials are pretty chill about it, if you just talk with them and are polite they'll return the favor.
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/Recreation/pages/Camp.aspx

Also if you plan to do any fishing here are our rules for that.
http://www.eregulations.com/oregon/fishing/

As a trip, you'd be a non-resident, but if you sleep you stay in an actual residence, even for a night, you are technically a resident of that location and therefore a resident of the state. So clearly hotels, B&Bs, campgrounds etc, are not actual residences. Just saying. Good luck!! :D
Roze
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Grounded » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 pm

As one of the AP Senior staff member, welcome to our site. As you browse our site you will come across with many our thousands of our members eager to help. We are a community with like minded with same ideals. If there is any resources I can provide for you, feel free to PM me.

stay frosty!
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Hey Blackblade,

Your best bet might be to look at the AirsoftPacific.com events calendar (left side of Home Page) & pick a weekend that has both Saturday & Sunday outdoor games. You can sandwich this weekend with our two local indoor fields, Extreme Velocity & Oregon Airsoft Arena.

If you decide to make the trip, I am certain there are great players here that would be excited to get on the field with you.

Thanks for checkin in!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby blackblade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Thank you for the support and the answers and advice, i will be planning a trip early to mid may. play and enjoy the time there.
blackblade
Grunt
Grunt

Postby blackblade » Sun May 06, 2018 11:21 am

I will be coming to Oregon for a about a week on vacation, looking forward to playing with some of you awesome people! i will be leaving Canada May 9th, any small events or fields i should hit please suggest!
blackblade
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cyclops » Sun May 06, 2018 4:56 pm

OUCH! May 9th.. The one week no events are going on.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby blackblade » Sun May 06, 2018 5:38 pm

there still feilds that can be played in
blackblade
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cyclops » Mon May 07, 2018 12:16 am

A lot of the time there is a throw in game at like Action Acres. But wont know till it gets even closer. Then in Hillsboro there is the in door arena. Different style of play but it is fun. OAA (Oregon Airsoft Arena).
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby blackblade » Mon May 07, 2018 7:32 pm

Is OAA busier on Friday and Saturday? Anything at ACtion acres this week?
blackblade
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gambit » Tue May 08, 2018 4:25 pm

There are not any events going on this weekend, but Im trying to get a skirmish/free play going at action acres this Saturday on Oregons Airsoft FB page. I can let you know the closer we get to Saturday if anyone has committed yet if you are interested.
Gambit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby blackblade » Fri May 11, 2018 2:47 pm

I am so ready! I’m ready for any night!
blackblade
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gambit » Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Ive been posting on the FB page trying to get people out to AA so we can get you in on some gameplay during your trip down here. But so far there has been no luck. But im still trying. Check this thread in the morning/around noon and i will try to update you on if I can get some people together.
Gambit
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Community General Discussion