SpeedQB Competition in the PNW

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Would you like to see a SpeedQB competition in the NW?

Yes
34%
No
48%
What's SpeedQB?
18%

Total votes : 77

SpeedQB Competition in the PNW

Postby Grounded » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Let me know what you think?
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Re: SpeedQB Competition in the PNW

Postby Norseman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:13 pm

I would like to see a AP CQC competition again. ;)
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby Grounded » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Trust me, me too bud! me too!
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Riddick » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Speedqb is cancer on our sport
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Cyclops » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:56 am

If you think there is a lot of hacking now just wait till this starts up if it ever happens. There is no way you can tell if someone didn't call there hit. If you want it then why not start playing paintball? At least there you have a mark from those rounds.
Honestly we should be working on more locations such as Rilea which I believe Riddic is working on and hopefully other places around Oregon. Not sure what ever happen to that military place in the RedMond area.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Norseman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:02 am

To my eyes? This is just speedball. Been around forever.

Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Cascadian Concepts » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm

I'd really prefer SpeedQB to just stay in SoCal.
I really do see it as a cancer on our sport. There will always be the defense of "not all speedsofters," but seriously. We've met them. We've seen them on fields. We know what they're like.
Cascadian Concepts
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Skulleds » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:34 pm

Saying SpeedQB is cancer because “people don’t call their hits” or “speedsofters overshoot” or anything like that is idiotic. You’re hating on an entire play style because of a select few. In SpeedQB tournaments they have refs to call people out. Sometimes it just isn’t felt, and that’s the reality of airsoft in general. Yes, there are the bad apples who don’t call hits. But that isn’t exclusive to just speedsoft and I could show you tons of my personal footage of the “milsim” players at indoor fields not calling hits. I have tons of it.

We get it, you don’t like SpeedQB or anything affiliated to it. There are some people that do and those people also can like milsim as well. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. The bashing of different play styles needs to stop. Also, many of you indoor players who claim to not like speedsoft or speedqb play a lot like speedsofters.

Not calling hits doesn’t just happen in speedsoft. It happens in milsim. It happens in outdoor open play at SSA, the swamp, taags, wherever you go. If you deny that you’re blatantly lying and I could show you tons of milsim gameplay that shows that.

Pretty wack to call players who like something different than you cancer to the sport. Just my opinion.
Skulleds
Recruit
Recruit

Team: LB

Postby Norseman » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:39 am

Skulleds wrote:Saying SpeedQB is cancer because “people don’t call their hits” or “speedsofters overshoot” or anything like that is idiotic. You’re hating on an entire play style because of a select few. In SpeedQB tournaments they have refs to call people out. Sometimes it just isn’t felt, and that’s the reality of airsoft in general. Yes, there are the bad apples who don’t call hits. But that isn’t exclusive to just speedsoft and I could show you tons of my personal footage of the “milsim” players at indoor fields not calling hits. I have tons ‘s of it.

We get it, you don’t like SpeedQB or anything affiliated to it. There are some people that do and those people also can like milsim as well. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. The bashing of different play styles needs to stop. Also, many of you indoor players who claim to not like speedsoft or speedqb play a lot like speedsofters.

Not calling hits doesn’t just happen in speedsoft. It happens in milsim. It happens in outdoor open play at SSA, the swamp, taags, wherever you go. If you deny that you’re blatantly lying and I could show you tons of milsim gameplay that shows that.

Pretty wack to call players who like something different than you cancer to the sport. Just my opinion.

Your missing the point. People can “cheat” in anything and it’s fair that you point that out. But the difference is?

Paintball is a sport. Airsoft is a hobby.

Because Airsoft bb’s do not mark their intended target..... paintballs do. This makes it pretty tough to ref a game and make sure everyone is following the rules or scoring points. And with paintball? Tens of thousands of dollars in sponsorships and prizes could be on the line. Tensions are high enough as it is. Throw a non marking projectile into the mix.

On top of that? Airsoft is a reenacting hobby..... real guns are reverse engineered into Airsoft guns. They are 1:1 replicas. Paintball guns are not. They are specifically made to NOT look like real guns! Why? Because in paintball as a sport they have spectators watching. Airsoft as a hobby is taking place somewhere away (hopefully) from Joe blow public that is gonna call 911 when they see people with AR’s and AK’s running around shooting at each other.

I’m really confused as to why people want to turn Airsoft into paintball when there is more opportunities to play paintball in the US than Airsoft. You seem to be an advocate. Can you answer why this is? Is it cost? Boredom with Airsoft?
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Darius137 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:21 pm

So much salt in this thread.

Yoda should burn the forum down and giggle.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Norseman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:42 am

Darius137 wrote:So much salt in this thread.

Yoda should burn the forum down and giggle.

Come on!

This is like a Tupperware party compared to days of old! ;)
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:46 pm

Just got back from Phoenix AZ. We toured VIP Airsoft. The only day we could play their arena was closed. :/ They did let us tour it though.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... EMMeOX&s=1

After driving around a big city like Phoenix for a week? I think I get it better. These kids live in a concrete jungle and play inside buildings. The need for camo inside a building is negated by walls and close quarters. Their gear is setup specifically for their style of game play. I think in some ways it’s sad that they have never played in a forest before. But it is what it is. There is very little cover in the desert. It’s also sad that it’s just constant at the whistle go run and gun. They will never experience the patience of the “hunt”. Camo’d up and creeping along. But again whatever...
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:04 am

Noresman ... great insight. That is one of the challenges we are working through.
We don't want to alienate our original base, but also want to keep up with changes in the sport :learn:
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Norseman » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:03 pm

Dennis - Crossbow wrote:Noresman ... great insight. That is one of the challenges we are working through.
We don't want to alienate our original base, but also want to keep up with changes in the sport :learn:

Thanks. Another interesting thing was I asked VIP Airsoft if they allowed paintball. The response was a stern “no”. They don’t like the mess. So I countered that paintballers can use reball now. Rubber balls basically. They said it’s still a pain and it’s not allowed. Much easier to just shop vac bbs....

So I also think we are probably seeing Airsoft becoming the new medium for indoor play. We had a indoor paintball field in Spokane 25 years ago. And it was a giant slimey slick mess. They occasionally would just pressure wash it out.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Return to Community General Discussion