Post Traumatic Airsoft Stress Disorder

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Post Traumatic Airsoft Stress Disorder

Postby Grounded » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:13 am

Before you read on and loose your shit, this article is not for the faint of heart. If you get triggered or sensitive to opposing opinions then read away elsewhere.

Now that we got THAT out the way.

There’s been a rise of complaints in the last several years of people getting butt hurt on the shit they hear out in the field. Keep in mind if you are new to airsoft...you will hear a lot of weird and dark humor comments and jokes for the mere thought that...it’s airsoft. Simply put, we will say some off the wall shit. In fact going thru a game not hearing something weird would be weird in its own right. Granted for some there are some topics that are off limits to you, but to some it empowers them and gives them the ability to heal and move on.

I know...

I am getting into some deep shit here. I can only discuss about my experiences. Each person responds a different way to trauma. Don’t make it about you because the truth is...it’s not about you. Don’t walk around as a walking HR violating telling others what you should or not say. I can’t speak for what the other person has gone thru other than they need healing as much as I do. So I will open up to you and say that I have never met my father. So that makes me to have dad issues. Making fun or saying weird dad jokes makes me feel normal and provides a comic relief to my senses...(plus I am fuc!ng hilarious too.) Have you ever been to a MILSIM West? Personally I have not...but the stories that comes out is just a cesspool of offensiveness and quite frankly I can’t wait to go to one.

This can go beyond dark humour comments. This can apply to political or religious views. Personally, I don’t agree having political movements in events. We see it in every aspect of our life all with the same end result. Recall this person or impeach this person. I come to airsoft for a getaway...an escape of real life that does not involve government tyrannical movement. I deal with that enough at work, for my mental health I don’t need to hear it in my hobbies. I came to do and what I enjoy the most. Treat my mental health; hang with my team sling some bb’s and share laughs. That’s all. You can imagine me hearing about politics as part of the game briefing. I just tune it away and daydream about something more enjoyable. Whew..ok ok...back on topic.

Basically what I am trying to say is this..don’t make this about you. Embrace it...it’s just dark humor. If something bothers you that’s ok and valid for you to feel that way. Don’t just make it a crime of the century when you hear someone talk about being anally probed by HATO forces at an event. (Which is hilarious) Just remove yourself from the situation or confront the person in private. We are all misfits here...it’s airsoft.

Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Re: Post Traumatic Airsoft Stress Disorder

Postby AtlasEvergreen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Agreed, let people have their fun here, since you already risk getting fired for the same jokes, (depending where you work) or kicked off social media platforms. I would really hate to see airsoft events becoming as sensitive to the feelings of the politically correct types as Facebook, Twitter, and the rest.
AtlasEvergreen
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Grounded » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Thanks Atlas. We are all here to have fun. Learn how to manage the trauma and take control. Half the time I don’t give a shit about gameplay...I am in mostly because I get to see my extended family which is my team mates.
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:52 am

Grounded wrote:...I am in mostly because I get to see my extended family which is my team mates.

100% Agree :!: :!: :!: :!: :love:
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Community General Discussion