Hightcut ATE (Maritime) Helmet Rail compatibility.... Help?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Hightcut ATE (Maritime) Helmet Rail compatibility.... Help?

Postby HotelCharliHill » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Hey everyone, I recently ordered "FAST HELMET RAIL (MARITIME CUT, FG)" from AirsoftDepot, https://airsoftdepot.ca/store/product_i ... ts_id=4291

The holes for the rails were 1" shorter than the holes on my helmet (and I'd rather not drill more holes, PLUS I'd prefer if they fit properly). The rail ALSO did not wrap around the helmet very nice, obviously not the right size.

This helmet is not ginormous, it's a standard Large, dimensions in all the attached images.

Anyone else ever get rails that worked for a helmet this size? What did you get?

I don't feel like buying the +$100 actual sets. Seems unnecessary to me.

I also received "Rhino Style NVG mount for ANPVS PVS-14 PVS-7 Type Mock NVGs" made by Lancer Tactical, https://www.herooutdoors.com/rhino-styl ... mock-nvgs/

Feels pretty good actually, but it doesn't fit perfectly in my Ops-Core shroud (yeah I did splurge on that). It's just a bit too tight, doesn't get in deep enough for the retention tab to slide behind the notch on the shroud. I'm thinking of using some allen keys to take the mounting base off (which fits in the rectangular shroud port), and sand it down a fraction of a millimeter so it can fit in and the tab can go where it needs to go. Anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks
HotelCharliHill
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Hightcut ATE (Maritime) Helmet Rail compatibility.... He

Postby GrimJaw » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 pm

If your current helmet your having issues with is the same green one posted in the thread that is most likely your issue. Those rails are styled for a ops core maritime, the helmet in the photo looks to be either a mich 2001 clone or another custom cut mich style. Because of this the alignment for the screws would be off. A few company make the ach style ARC rails. Also MSA makes mich 2000 rails that be found for about 40-50$. Seems like it just might be wrong rail model for the helmet.
Hunt Thots, Slay Milfs
GrimJaw

Re: Hightcut ATE (Maritime) Helmet Rail compatibility.... He

Postby HotelCharliHill » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 pm

GrimJaw wrote:If your current helmet your having issues with is the same green one posted in the thread that is most likely your issue. Those rails are styled for a ops core maritime, the helmet in the photo looks to be either a mich 2001 clone or another custom cut mich style. Because of this the alignment for the screws would be off. A few company make the ach style ARC rails. Also MSA makes mich 2000 rails that be found for about 40-50$. Seems like it just might be wrong rail model for the helmet.

Thanks so much. I really wish this wasn't so complicated. No standardization? A dozen variants on the variants each? It's ridiculous. I'll get those rails and hopefully the fit, and hopefully I can sell all the other stuff.
HotelCharliHill
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Community General Discussion