Any OG's still on here and active?

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Re: Any OG's still on here and active?

Postby Kendodude » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:40 pm

Howdy from SoCal, still doin it down here. No forests... just deserts, structures, and CQB. It's wild
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Team: N/A

Postby Grounded » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:51 pm

Yeah.
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rentax » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:55 pm

What fields do you play down there Kendo? and what types of games are you attending?
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Norseman » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:36 pm

I met the APST crew at Operation Gallant Saber 2. Gunny was the Mugambi commander. PSAC was the big club back in those days ran by John Robison and Scott Johnston. I still talk to John on the WW2 Airsoft boards. He likes converting M14’s to M1 Garands. And still loans gear out.

3 of us had went to Gallant Saber 1 from Colville and by the next year we had a whole squad of Spokane Devil Dawgs that went over.

Good times. Always enjoyed the Portland crew as we called them. They had came to play at the radar dome a few times. Back when we would gladly drive 300 miles to play at an event. Back then we knew everyone. A lot more clickish now it seems. I don’t even know most airsofters in Spokane let alone Portland or Seattle.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby Kendodude » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:29 am

Hey Rentax! Been thinking about making a LA area airsoft guide actually for anyone passing through or visiting the area. It took a bit of time looking for a place that felt like the old Scapoose field. Good vibes, community, and balance of game organization was hard to find after moving. Fields are either too lax on rules and organization or so micro managed and business centric.

When they're back up and running, Warped Ops in Castaic has become my home field. They're the smallest outdoor field in the area, but they put in effort for everyone to have a good time. Also the most outdoor like field. In September a car caught on fire by I-5 and started a wildfire that burned down most of the airsoft portion of the field. You can see the field between North bound and southbound before Castaic.

Everyone is obsessed with CQB and MOUT stuff here, barely any vegetation or use of natural environments. 2/3rds of Warped Ops is like that, but again, they're very small compared to outdoor fields in Oregon. There's little chance for an old sneaky Kendo Flank. A couple maps at SC village have some outdoor elements but for the most part it's structures all around with priority of those maps going to paintball (SC village and Hollywood Sports Park got the most mess of paint out of all the mixed fields...). Might as well be indoor, but we out here shooting 400fps at each other within 10ft if everyone agrees to no bang bang rule, which I agree with honestly. Running into a player that abuses that rule is the absolute worst down here. Haven't spent much time doing indoor stuff in LA, but there are only 2 (kind of 3) places to do indoor but will have more to say in a few months now that I have a more appropriate setup to spend some time at each place. If there are any questions I'm more than happy to answer!
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Postby Kendodude » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:08 pm

Oh... and nobody likes to play out their death when hit, even in 1 life games. Real sad it is.
Kendodude

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion