Events You'd Like to See in the Future

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

What types of events would you like to see in the future?

Team competitions, indoor and outdoor.
12%
More force on force large OPs.
66%
Training and workshops.
8%
Ongoing campaign style competitions.
14%

Total votes : 179

Postby acid » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:05 pm

NinjaOwnsTheNight wrote:I saw "action highlights" from Grid 18, and it looked a LOT like a glorified paintsoft game. Sorry, but to me, it just looked like a lot of guys just dukin' it out, for absolutely no reason at all, and with seemingly no strategy. However, I did see a video of OP: Irene II, and that looked amazing. I can't wait for another OP like that.

it wasn't.

there was definately more to grid 18 than you see in the video. I climbed up a mountain with jollyroger and laid down in the mud for about a half an hour just so we could coordinate our team.
acid
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Vidar » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:42 am

Well, that's just the impression that I had from watching the video. OP: Irene II looked a lot more fun. The video that I found was amazing. I'll post a link to it later.
Vidar
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby omega1 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:13 am

Yeah, if you want to fork out 110 bucks for maybe a weekend of airsoft, then Irene would be a blast. Grid 18 and Cypriot Ridge however, cost maybe 45 bucks each, and were extremely fun. So, it really depends on what your budget is, and what people are willing to pay for a large Op. If people start saying, "sure, we'll hand you 100+ bucks to put on a game" then I am sure someone will take it and run a big game like Irene, but til that happens, we have lower budget games, that don't get as much pyro and shit.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby Kendodude » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:10 am

I spent $15 at Grid 18, and as I recall CR was $35?
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:35 am

If I was going to spend $100 on a game, I would expect alot. Honestly - I would expect more than I think this community could provide at this time.
I will not pay $100 bucks so that some celebrity will come out and play with us - not tool Marcinko, not any of the Somila heros, or anyone. I take that back - if someone resurects George Patton, I'll be there - otherwise, not happening. As celebrity apperances (along with renting the field, and buying insurance ) are one of of the major costs in games like Op Irene, i think you can see one of the reasons why I am not enamored with celebritys.
I would expect REAL armored support - not golf carts with a machine gun.
I would expect a mix of indoor and outdoor terrain - not little buildings like at Scapoose or Splat Action. Brick, cinder blocks, stairs, working electricty. Real buildings.
I would expect various special effects to heighten the mood (explosions in the background, smoke, etc).
I would expect full emersion - not 14 year olds with a woodland jacket, a hicap and an M4 - I would expect everyone to be in uniform - infact, I think I would expect hicaps to be prohibited completely.
And it would not be for 1 day - it would have to be more than one day, with camping facilitys, or barracks, with food provided (as I refuse to eat an MRE, I am more than willing to bring my own food - but I would expect food to be available).

As I dont see that happening anytime soon, dont expect me to hand over $100 for an event.
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Seagreen » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:00 pm

I fully agree with you Alex. I fell into that trap a few years back. Spent the money, and went home with a feeling of regret.

If I am ever involved with an event that is in that range as an administrator, it will be worth the money. Luckily, administratively speaking, my aim is never to price an event out of the average players price range. It isn't about being exclusive with the game from a affordability standpoint. I think emersion and quality game play should be the factors that make an event exclusive.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby omega1 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm

My point exactly, I would gladly put down some cash for an event of the magnitude that Alex mentioned. However, unless an actual field is created soley for airsoft, with it's own motorpool, barracks, as well as outposts and other structures for gameplay, I doubt we will be seeing anything like that in the NW for a long time, if ever.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby Haloeclipse » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:27 pm

f celebrities, there is no celebritity in the world that would make me willing to pay more to play. And I completly concur with alex
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby Vidar » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:49 pm

Well, I'd pay extra if Patton was there, but that probably is where I draw the line.

Also, an event like that would be SO worth $100.
Vidar
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Previous

Return to Community General Discussion