Events You'd Like to See in the Future

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

What types of events would you like to see in the future?

Team competitions, indoor and outdoor.
12%
More force on force large OPs.
66%
Training and workshops.
8%
Ongoing campaign style competitions.
14%

Total votes : 179

Postby Nightshade » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:21 pm

NinjaOwnsTheNight wrote:Omfg. Why don't you check post dates? Somebody please close this.

This isn't one of those threads. This is a thread that was on the main page, and is always open for discussion.

Yay for loopholes, eh?
"Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools."
Nightshade

Team: APST

Postby Haloeclipse » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:28 pm

oh snap! I vote for big ops, but I like big ops with objectives more involved than start at point a, attack player x, respawn, repeat.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Team: N/A

Postby Vidar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:44 am

Well, it's obvious that he didn't check the post date, becuase he just posted as if he were continuing an ongoing discussion.
Vidar
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby vamps » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:51 am

Nightshade wrote:is always open for discussion.
I believe this quallifies as on going discussion.
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
vamps
Ranger
Ranger

Postby omega1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:35 am

I really liked the format of CR. With all of the objectives having strategic significance rather than just a point value. I liked the stuff like calling in airstrikes and such, that really added a new level of depth to the game. What I want to know about is whatever happened to the Dinner Out idea. I really like the idea of doing a sort of "competition" style in that format, where the bad guys are just a bunch of rebels at their camp, cooking burgers and whatnot, and each competing team has to get within a certain distance, ID one or multiple targets, eliminate an HVT, and get out with as little observance as possible. Make a weekend out of it, with the rebels camping on site, and to make it more dynamic, teams can opt for a night time slot or a day time slot, or each team could have a mission during the day, and another during the night. These are just ideas that I am throwing around.

I would also like to see like one game a year that is really well regulated, with teams needing to dress the part of their side (Marines, Army, Brits, etc.) instead of it always being some conflict somewhere else in the world between two sides that are somehow outfitting their guys with MARPAT, multicams, etc. even though they are a 3rd world country. This would include weapons too. Again, just an idea.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby Wombat Six » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:30 pm

omega1 wrote:I really liked the format of CR. With all of the objectives having strategic significance rather than just a point value. I liked the stuff like calling in airstrikes and such, that really added a new level of depth to the game. What I want to know about is whatever happened to the Dinner Out idea. I really like the idea of doing a sort of "competition" style in that format, where the bad guys are just a bunch of rebels at their camp, cooking burgers and whatnot, and each competing team has to get within a certain distance, ID one or multiple targets, eliminate an HVT, and get out with as little observance as possible. Make a weekend out of it, with the rebels camping on site, and to make it more dynamic, teams can opt for a night time slot or a day time slot, or each team could have a mission during the day, and another during the night. These are just ideas that I am throwing around.

I would also like to see like one game a year that is really well regulated, with teams needing to dress the part of their side (Marines, Army, Brits, etc.) instead of it always being some conflict somewhere else in the world between two sides that are somehow outfitting their guys with MARPAT, multicams, etc. even though they are a 3rd world country. This would include weapons too. Again, just an idea.

Heck, I'd organize that. The Dinner Out idea, that is. I think it could be smashing good fun.

A variant on the idea: if we got really bored, we could do a "Test your l33t znipzors zkillz" where only a sniper/spotter team is allowed.
Ludere Causa Ludendi
Wombat Six
Specops
Specops

Postby omega1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:56 pm

The original Dinner Out thing was supposed to give the guys that wanted to put their 1337 skillz to the test, a viable way to do it. It was supposed to be for those that wanted to get cold, wet, and dirty to accomplish their objectives, as opposed to the guys that won't go prone because it might ruin their MARPATs or whatever.

I think a whole campaign with the story progressing based upon what side won, and which objectives were accomplished would be sweet as well. Almost like what KP48 was going to be for Grid 18, where the previous story influenced the current one. That is what got me drawn to KP48, but because they couldn't use Splat Action, they had to change the story.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby LURCH » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:19 pm

ongoing campaign would be the shit.
Beware the kitty...
LURCH
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Vidar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:43 pm

Omg, re-enacting OP: Dinner Out would be ass-expensive, but it would be so goddamn much fun.
Vidar
Specops
Specops

Postby Blkmask » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:55 pm

I just saying this because I'm a random thinker but just imagine a reenactment of D-Day Airsoft, that would be so awesome AND VERY expensive. Who knows maybe someday......
Blkmask
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nocte » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:06 pm

Blkmask wrote:I just saying this because I'm a random thinker but just imagine a reenactment of D-Day Airsoft, that would be so awesome AND VERY expensive. Who knows maybe someday......

helmutt does WWII stuff all the time.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Haloeclipse » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 pm

An event that got me soaking wet, cold, muddy and miserable would be great.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby Fury » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:24 pm

Haloeclipse wrote:An event that got me soaking wet, cold, muddy and miserable would be great.

Your gonna love OP:Belligerence then. It's gonna be cold, wet, and muddy, so you are gonna be miserable. It's your lucky day. :D

Oh and I love all team competition games like the CQC's and like OP:EH. Look forward to more of them.
"WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT, ONLY WHO IS LEFT."
Fury
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Deleteplz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:30 pm

Fury wrote:
Haloeclipse wrote:An event that got me soaking wet, cold, muddy and miserable would be great.

Your gonna love OP:Belligerence then. It's gonna be cold, wet, and muddy, so you are gonna be miserable. It's your lucky day. :D

Oh and I love all team competition games like the CQC's and like OP:EH. Look forward to more of them.

Let's hope for a OP:Grid 18 repeat with less spraying?
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby Vidar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:00 pm

I saw "action highlights" from Grid 18, and it looked a LOT like a glorified paintsoft game. Sorry, but to me, it just looked like a lot of guys just dukin' it out, for absolutely no reason at all, and with seemingly no strategy. However, I did see a video of OP: Irene II, and that looked amazing. I can't wait for another OP like that.
Vidar
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Community General Discussion