Loadouts WWII

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:23 am

saddaminator wrote:i'd be all up for forming a japanese opfor. the only problem is, im 6'2", 250 lbs, and white.
Where are you going to find an Arisaka (or how are you going to build one)? And a Japanese uniform in Size American?

:-p Not to mention, enough other people interested in doing Japanese to justify doing it?

Im not trying to pooh-pooh your thing - I'm just trying to look at it from a 'realistic' point of view. Something tells me that most (if not all) WWII Airsoft events in the area are going to be European Theatre events . . .
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Team: N/A
Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby danneskjold » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:08 am

Japanese uniforms are also more expensive, and not as widely available..
danneskjold
Specops
Specops

Postby mrice1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm

saddaminator wrote:i'd be all up for forming a japanese opfor. the only problem is, im 6'2", 250 lbs, and white.

The Imperial Marines that were required to be 6' or over, if I'm recalling my high school history correctly. I remember quotes about "The biggest damn Japs I ever saw." Can't help you with the white thing.
mrice1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby supporter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:58 pm

mrice1 wrote:

The Imperial Marines that were required to be 6' or over, if I'm recalling my high school history correctly. I remember quotes about "The biggest damn Japs I ever saw." Can't help you with the white thing.

Spray-on tan?
supporter
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Naked Snake » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:48 pm

supporter wrote:
mrice1 wrote:

Spray-on tan?

yeah, and you know, just squint the whole time. i think we've found a solution!

man if there were spartans in WWII i would be one of those, that way i could stand on everything i conquered and yell "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!"
"What are they going to do? SHOOT US?!"
Naked Snake
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft